• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Heyyy nice it seems that may be a bit easier to pull off. I gotta borrow my friend's wii so I can test this out too!

xzx

Smash Lord
Oh, so it wasn't a new found then? =( Okay, but I just wanted to let everybody know it anyway! =D I rarely see any Warios using it...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
god i love chair
allhomo
Yeah that's just full hop. I do it a lot in teams if my bike is still around or I wanna look goofy. You can also reverse it dunno if you did that in the video. Run right, Full Jump left bike hop

Chrisy

Smash Rookie
I have a question for the Wario mains...
Why would you ever want to use such a fail of a character? Discover some sense and use someone else. Wario just messes up the game...
I mean what are some pros to using him? Nothing.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
because nothing is more fun than mastering a character that will undoubtably bring you dreadful amounts of sadness, misery and frustration regardless of how much blood, sweat and tears you invest into him

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Legitimate answer--He has better air control than anyone else. Because the air space is much larger than the ground space, he's the character with the most control overall, in my head. Anything I get hit by feels like it's entirely my fault, since the potential for weaving in and out is very great. I don't like having less control over spacing than my opponent, so he is a natural fit for me.

Croi

Smash Lord
I bounced around a whole bunch of mains back when I was scrubbier than I am now. I mained Ike and Lucas and Lucario and Luigi, basically just flavours of the month. Then one day I said to myself "I haven't tried playing as Wario in forever. Let's give him a go." I played him, I had fun, I decided to give him another chance, whoa nelly now he's my main. I dunno, he just kind of "clicked" for me.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
His tires are the best and most fun items in the game IMO. His uber aerial mobility, nuclear fart and aerial grab (bite) combined with proficient tire usage has a lot of potential just begging to be explored. Just don't get grabbed LOL.

xzx

Smash Lord
Can we CG Bowser or not? The question is more like this: Can Bowser escape our CG with his Whirling Fortress (his Up B starts on frame 5 and gives Bowser invincibility from the start of the move)?

Also, SDI:ing Snake's nair: is it SDI:ing away from him and try to come behind him?

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
We can CG Bowser he can't escape with up-b unless you mess it up. Labernash was being a derp. With SDIing Snake's nair I think it really just depends where you are when it hits you. If you're in the middle of the hitbox SDI whichever is more beneficial. If you're on the tip of the hitboxes SDI the area that's closest.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I think you should try to SDI inside Snake, right through him. If he is retreating, do the opposite. If he isn't doing a rising nair, SDI up will easily let you out of it. /lurk

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
No joke, you can create about a mile of space between you and your opponent with fullhop bike -> tilt back jump -> double jump.

Plataea

Smash Rookie
Auto-cancelling Dair?

I am having lots of trouble auto-cancelling Wario's dair. Are you are supposed to land on the ground before the last hit connects (so that your opponent isn't sent flying at higher percents)? No matter what I do, either the move lags on the ground, or the last hit connects and the opponent is sent flying.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Auto-cancel just means that when you touch the ground right before before the animation is over, the landing lag normally incurred by landing during that aerial doesn't happen. Where the opponent goes has nothing to do with it.

Wario's D-Air autocancels anytime after the final hit is out, which sends people away.

Plataea

Smash Rookie
I believe you're supposed to be able to combo Wario's dair into his fsmash, bite, etc. If you land the last hit, it will send the opponent away, so that you can't follow it up with anything. In order to combo it into fsmash, do you have to land the move before it's over so that it lags, or is there a way to land it before it's over so that it doesn't lag? That's what I'm confused about.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I was under the impression that there were (excluding bowser, D3, who knows) only pseudo combos from falling dair. I commonly get dair to grab or fair at very low %s but I don't depend on it. Dair is very DI-able

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Landing the last hit of dair combos into fsmash at very low percentages. Landing just one of the earlier multihits and suffering landing lag has variable frame advantage depending on how your opponent SDIs, but it's generally in your disadvantage.

Plataea

Smash Rookie
It seems I misunderstood the way Wario's dair works. Thanks for your helpful answers, everyone.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No. I believe our only guaranteed follow-up on Squirtle's air release is Dash Attack. We might have Waft or something at the edge, though.

xzx

Smash Lord
Okay, it's actually great that we can't grab-release (ground-release) Squirtle to f-smash, since Squirtle doesn't deserve it! =D

When we air-release him, can we follow up with a DACUS?

xzx

Smash Lord
When does it get short distanced respective long distanced? (Even the ground release?)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm not sure what you mean. If you do a short-distance DACUS, you'll probably start to hit Squirtle's air release. If you do a long-distance DACUS, you'll probably slide past him before any hits land.

Wario gets nothing out of a ground-release.

xzx

Smash Lord
Oh okay. What I meant was that sometimes Squirtle comes closer to Wario than usual after a grab-release. But since Squirlte doesn't have any problems with Wario's grab-releases (sorta), I am happy.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
hey guys,
i've been trying to get better at the snake matchup recently and have been watching a lot of matches of various warios.
However i came across this video and i think that this style of play is the best way to play the matchup (aside from the fact that he double jumps a little bit to much).

Do you guys agree with me? and if not, why not?

thanks in advance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcr3NOYsQMM&feature=relmfu

Ruinn

Smash Ace
Hey guys, how does wario do against toon link and rob? Recently those two have been my most troubled match ups with my main Dk, and I'm just wondering if wario could be who I use in that situation. I've always had a pocket wario, but I might just start seconding him if he fairs well against the two characters.

Top Bottom