• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hunger, just go MK.

No one expects MK in the current metagame.

Dilly04

Smash Cadet
Wario is great at killing. Uairs, Ftilts, Fsmash, Wafts, etc. Those would be your best kill moves so try to keep them fresh for the kill. Don't spam them when they're in kill range though.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Im having trouble with Mario
Everytime Im ****** with Wario on wifi, someone pulls out Mario
and its like he counters everything I do.
Is Mario a bad MU for Wario?
If so, how do I beat him:(
Mario, Marth, and Peach are the only characters I have trouble with.
But the most difficult for me is Mario

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Mario shouldn't be a bad match up vs Wario but I don't know. Mario is very underrated right now, so he might. I say this because I play both characters Mario and Wario.... come to think of it, I think I play nearly everyone right now. O_o

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Any stages I should come to love alot? Besides brinstar. Everyone in NY hates that stage so they'll usually ban it.

Remember I play on EC with a very conservative stage list.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
I would suggest loving Smashville for neutrals. Wario's offstage game is phenomenal. Get used to biking underneath it. You really can go anywhere on that stage and safely recover.
For counter-picks look into Fidgate Orpheon. That stage brings opponents in close where Wario likes them. The second part of the stage is great for throwing the bike around too. The slanted parts bounce it at weird angles. Go into practice mode and try figuring out where the tires and bike will go with different throws. If you have a good understanding of that then you'll be in a good position.

A lot of people like rainbow cruise also, but I just can't figure out how to play that level effectively.

Quik17

Smash Ace
Yip, Smashville, in my opinion, is Wario's best neutral.

For CPs, I like Norfair and Castle Siege

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Pictochat one of his best "running" stages. Hazards usually get in the opponents way more than yours, large stage gives you plenty of room to maneuver, stage changes usually help you run better (The Diagonal Line that covers the stage, the Trees, the Swinging Cart, the platform with ladders, the Whale/Boat, the Building of Bricks, etc.)

Quik17

Smash Ace
I CPed Pictochat once, and some ***** grab released me into the wheel barrow to win the game.

Never went down that road again.

Edit: It's a good Wario stage though, I just don't like it personally.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wheel Barrow?

Are you talking about the Swinging Cart/thing with wheels that swings back and forth on the U shaped Track?

You can SDI that and then get a good DI path horizontal into the Track and tech it. I haven't died to one of those in awhile once I started doing that.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No trust me, Pictochat is one of his stronger CP's if you desire is to run away. Some characters it's practically a guaranteed win against (Lucario for example will struggle immensely on this stage vs Wario once he gets the lead. Diddy also can have some problems)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok then, tell that to the Lucarios I beat/time out on Pictochat.

If I can time out ADHD on FD, I think I can time most Diddy's out on Pictochat. Just saying :)

Trust me on the surface the stage looks weird, but deeper down it is very good for Wario.

Quik17

Smash Ace
I might just try out Pictochat a few times in friendlies. I just usually assumed it was a gimmick stage that no one took seriously because of all the cray ****.

I don't really have a solid CP that I can fall back on. I usually just go to neutrals, Norfair, or Castle Siege in most matches (mostly neutrals) so I'll try out Pictochat.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The only reason I see that Diddy or Lucario would be more of a pain on Pictochat is because their aerials sorta out range Wario's, but that's a common factor on any stage. If the Wario knows how to put the stage's constant changing and design to good use - - and learns how to control the stage during each of it's phases, then hey, the Wario should be fine.

It provides a lot of air space, platforms for drop zone up airs, and due to the constant changing, you wouldn't have to worry about characters with absurd ground games like Diddy (not saying that it wrecks Diddy, he's just as bad in the air).

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
i just know that picto is supposedly like lucario's second best stage next to Japes and i guess if you're trying to time them out it would work but otherwise i'd avoid it

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
i just know that picto is supposedly like lucario's second best stage next to Japes and i guess if you're trying to time them out it would work but otherwise i'd avoid it
Japes isn't entirely bad for Wario either. The only thing that ticks me off is the river barely knocking me off my Bike Recovery. rofl

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
but lucario is just annoying as hell because he lives forever on those stages O_O

and you cant gimp his recovery on picto

i'd take lucario to lylat or something

Yeah, Lylat would be a better choice against Lucario. The stage would **** his recovery pretty easily, and even if they do recover properly, they'll probably end up going onto the stage itself, rather than the edge, which you can punish them for. rofl.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
update MK
its not even :X

But i think a really cool idea would be a Table Of Matchups displaying all the characters and the matchup ratio then make it so you can click each character's picture to go to the given matchup description.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lucario does better on Lylat that Pictochat. Approaching him there becomes a LOT more annoying with platforms constantly in the way.

Top Bottom