• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Padô

Smash Lord
Ok.

Excessive grabbing MKs, how to deal with em?

Fast dash, Fast grab, stupid pivot.

Bites? Work sometimes, sometimes he just get behind my back and pivot me.

Any other tips?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ok.

Excessive grabbing MKs, how to deal with em?

Fast dash, Fast grab, stupid pivot.

Bites? Work sometimes, sometimes he just get behind my back and pivot me.

Any other tips?
Grab them first, or wait for the dash grab and spotdodge and punish. Those tend to work for me.

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
I played the campiest samus I've ever seen in my life tonight. What's a good way to break the camp. I always was forced to approach cause the projectiles. Any tips?

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Samus can wall you better than you would assume. It's definitely beatable, but it's an annoying struggle. I think I have a few games saved somewhere against Hot Kaarl. He plays the most annoying Samus to ever exist. He's probably the only one to have ever made me quit a friendlies match.

I'll see if I can get them up.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's not a hard matchup at all. I played Xyro a couple times and he doesn't think it's even remotely close to being good for Samus.

Sure it's annoying, but what matchup isn't annoying for Wario at high levels of play?

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
It's not a hard matchup at all. I played Xyro a couple times and he doesn't think it's even remotely close to being good for Samus.

Sure it's annoying, but what matchup isn't annoying for Wario at high levels of play?
Yeah it's def 60:40 Wario at least. But it'll still be an 8 minute match.

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think the stage list will greatly effect warios placing at MLG events and maybe even a decline in a future tierlist. Me personally I'm gonna keep using wario anyways. Almostlegendary I'm gonna message you after work. You seem very knowledgable about the stages against characters and I have some questions if that's Alright with you.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Do you guys think the stage list will greatly effect warios placing at MLG events and maybe even a decline in a future tierlist. Me personally I'm gonna keep using wario anyways. Almostlegendary I'm gonna message you after work. You seem very knowledgable about the stages against characters and I have some questions if that's Alright with you.
That's fine man just hit me up whenever.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Donkey Kong on Brinstar says hi.

Even he has the potential to be annoying.
You don't wanna know what you can do to him on Brinstar. We don't talk about those things for the safety of the community.

Padô

Smash Lord
I don't really think the StageList is going to push Wario down. We can do really well in almost (if not all) stages.
Yes, there are some pretty stupid stages to play as Wario on like RC, Brinstar and Norfair, but I don't think this will affect his potential at all, Warios proved to do really great on the most conservative StageLists and on "inventive" ones. TBH I've been doing GREAT on any neutral stages, even the ones people hate to play on, like YI, PARTICULARLY. And I don't really felt prejuticated while playing on stages like Halberd, Castle Siege or Delphino, honestly I think they won't affect much any other characters and Wario is still all around on those If not pretty good :).

I think this StageList will balance the starter stages influence on the set since some of our "neutral stages" are considered excelent counterpicks for some characters like, Snake/Marth on BF, ICs Diddy Falco on FD and Olimar on YI. The MLG decision was really scrupulously. This stage set tends to equiparate the strong difference that S and A Tier characters have compared to C, D, E and etc. tier characters, of course this difference will still remain a bit drastic but what lowering that difference it's what they are trying to do.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
What do you guys reccomend doing when Marth's Dancing Blades is hitting your shield? I can't seem to punish it very well at all.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
What do you guys reccomend doing when Marth's Dancing Blades is hitting your shield? I can't seem to punish it very well at all.
Toughy. Depends on how well they spaced it, really. After third you can try to fsmash before fourth, but that's a hit or miss.

If spaced just right, you should try to just let him finish. The ending lag is punishable enough. And if he combos into something else, like fsmash shield that too.

If he's close enough to actually upb though, you can probably shield-grab
Also if you space/time it right, you can grab him on the 2nd swing of it when it comes it. I tend to get super armor a lot with grab then

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Green Greens is amazing for Wario. Those counterpicks all help us, but they help other characters much more. GW is more viable than ever with some of those stages back, haha.

Top Bottom