• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Time! The Wario's Weekly Match-Ups! Gathering Info and PICS!

bassem6

Smash Lord
How is you getting pivot grabbed not a direct consequence of you being over aggressive or being predictable getting read or just simply approaching. It's really not the match up or the character. It's because of you and the person you played against was Ally. Dress it up how ever you want to but those are the breaks really.
I was saying that if wario is running away from falcon and falcon is chasing him from behind, the wario can try to pivot grab the falcon from behind him. But falcon can trick the wario into pivot grabbing and then he can get him with something else.

Hey, I'll play you online and try to show you how gay this matchup is if you'd like.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Ive never even played Ally's Falcon. I've played Rule34s and I can see how it could be considered even. Falcon def frustrates the **** out of me.

I really hope he goes Snake this weekend tho...he has nothing to lose by going Falcon.

*watches vid boss linked*
I'll jus go Mario if he goes Falcon (smirk)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I was saying that if wario is running away from falcon and falcon is chasing him from behind, the wario can try to pivot grab the falcon from behind him. But falcon can trick the wario into pivot grabbing and then he can get him with something else.

Hey, I'll play you online and try to show you how gay this matchup is if you'd like.
that sounds like a plan to me.

Also everything that's being said about falcon can be applied to sheik sonic and other characters like that.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Okie dokie. I sent you a pm. And no it cant. None of those characters have jab>grab and I dont even think sonic has grab release on wario...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Not even Falcon has jab > grab, dude. Also, Sheik's jab has less stun than Falcon's, meaning that jab > grab is more likely to get you than his...

Jab > grab is not a guaranteed combo under ANY regards.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
I dunno about Sheik, but I never felt Wario was that bad of a matchup for Sonic. The only time Wario seemed difficult was when I was down a stock or I struggled for a kill move. Falcon doesn't seem to have those disadvantadges because his kill move comes from a grab and his upair will thwart all vertical approaches...and kill eventually.

I'm not saying Falcon's perfect. I think Wario has an excellent poke game against him and I think that you can manipulate his movements moreso than the high tier characters, but I don't think its the cakewalk that you are trying to make it out to be AL. I think you are letting the idea that Falcon is a bad character hold more weight than the facts of what he can do against Wario.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Me and him just played online. We were going pretty even although I did 2 stock you like 3 times with falcon and I think you only 2 stocked me once. Plus when your online, its a lot harder to do the GR knee. That why sometimes I would just jump after grab releasing you. But you have to admit that it wasnt easy AL. Plus, wario is your main and I never use falcon.

And I know its not guaranteed phantom but most of the time he will be able to grab you after he jabs you.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
After playing bassem I'm still confident this match up is in Wario's favor. Bassem did win the majority off the games. The only thing Falcon is has is GR> up B. Then to the knee. Aslong as you DI his jab properly you'll be fine. Falcon can only get stuff done off your mistakes and has a hell of a time getting past bite.

Malcolm I never said this match up was a cake walk. Just that Wario shouldn't lose as long as he plays smart.

Bassrm if you have any tips for my Wario i'm all ears. Also Bassem I understand you'd messed up the GR because of the league but I also messed up the CG because of the lag.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
After playing bassem I'm still confident this match up is in Wario's favor. Bassem did win the majority off the games. The only thing Falcon is has is GR> up B. Then to the knee. Aslong as you DI his jab properly you'll be fine. Falcon can only get stuff done off your mistakes and has a hell of a time getting past bite.

Malcolm I never said this match up was a cake walk. Just that Wario shouldn't lose as long as he plays smart.

Bassrm if you have any tips for my Wario i'm all ears. Also Bassem I understand you'd messed up the GR because of the league but I also messed up the CG because of the lag.
go to Keitaro 2 ill show u that u cant DI stuff like that all the time.

i1337

Smash Ace
Ive never even played Ally's Falcon. I've played Rule34s and I can see how it could be considered even. Falcon def frustrates the **** out of me.

I really hope he goes Snake this weekend tho...he has nothing to lose by going Falcon.

*watches vid boss linked*
I'll jus go Mario if he goes Falcon (smirk)
lol. sck trll.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Soooo, Malcolm lost to 999RandomDDD812. I have never even heard of a Wario player beating a good DDD, yet the general consensus still hangs with 50-50. Reasons have been given, but when will we see this ratio represented?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Soooo, Malcolm lost to 999RandomDDD812. I have never even heard of a Wario player beating a good DDD, yet the general consensus still hangs with 50-50. Reasons have been given, but when will we see this ratio represented?
The set was 1-1 and Malcolm lost on the last second. If you want to change the match up because of that then go ahead however, it's even. Malcolm shouldn't of been anywhere in a position to get hit by d3 in the last seconds of the match bike jump double jump + up would of won it for him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Fiction beat all of them, Bassem beat Lain's (but not on RC), DMG has beaten Fogo, etc.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's still a pretty close matchup, just definitely not in Marth's favor, like certain Warios used to claim :\ Like at worst 50:50 for us. If you know how to punish him, he's not very scary.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
It's still a pretty close matchup, just definitely not in Marth's favor, like certain Warios used to claim :\ Like at worst 50:50 for us. If you know how to punish him, he's not very scary.
This is true as long as you're not to aggressive he's very easy to punish. It's also pretty hard for him to kill you unless he's tippers something but Wario tends to have the edge.

LoL after malcolm beat Neo he lost to another marth 2-0 named chaz =/.

So it seems as though Masky is the only Wario left.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Sorry Morpheus, this hobby outgrew its welcome for me, haha. I rarely stick to hobbies as long as I stuck to Brawl, I'm surprised it took me this long to lose interest.

Just remember... you never teamed with me, boss >: (

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
In all honesty LordChair I just choked. I was up by I think 10% with 5 seconds left and he went for some crazy fastfall dair offstage and even after it connected I was still up by 1%, but I was so scared to get hit again and had florida in the background going wild that I just mashed R in fear and died with the % lead and less than a second on the clock. I would have won if I just pressed up-b, but I was entirely too nervous for that I suppose. I should have just gone underneath FD instead. Oh well.

I still think the matchup is horrid, but I can't go into that without insulting other people's wins/DDD player losses so I will abstain. I don't think Marth is bad @ all tho. I just lost to Florida. Chaz was a great player. I found him and Neo about the same...the only difference was vs Neo I had the crowd on my side and vs Chaz he had all of Florida on his side. I think thats why a large majority of the upsets happened to be honest. Once the crowd gets into it...its hard to get them out of your head. And since we werent allowed to play friendlies @ MLG...all people could do was spectate so the crowds were considerably larger than most tournaments ive been to.

Padô

Smash Lord
No friendlies!? That would make the trips entirely worthless for those lesser end players that get outed really quickly.
Not only for those. What about OoC people... This is REALLY bad for them.

I feel bad for you MalcolmM specially on that pic took from you... I can feel your disapointment, btw, you still a GREAT player.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Hahahaha. The pic they took of me...was after I won match 1 vs Neo. I almost had to time him out. I was just annoyed that I was playing Neo like round 1 in losers and that the matches had to take so long. When I lost to the d3 I just shook his hand and walked off the stage. It wasn't anywhere near as dramatic as that picture would make u believe.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If everyone looked as smug as Masky did after that win, Brawl would be a much more entertaining spectator sport, rofl.

But yeah, you need to learn to ignore the crowds. No reason you should be losing to Chaz if you beat Neo.

Padô

Smash Lord
God.

His face is too good, I think I found my new avatar.

Of course, If you let me use your image Masky, and do not fee me with Royalties. Haha.

Top Bottom