• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Poor range, unimpressive speed, not fastfallable and why was your opponent below you shielding again?

Not saying it's bad but calling it underrated is silly at best and I'm fairly sure that most Wario players would be off better using it less frequently (or better) than they are doing currently.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I still think it's pretty good for punishing aggro players and it's nice to have a grab beating spotdodges. Grab's obviously better but bite isn't a bad move.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You can use it to safely harass people on platforms.

Also, we should research what moves trade/lose to it. I believe that Sheik's D-Air gets grabbed and doesn't even hit us when she aims for the top of our head, for instance.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I gotta agree with Lord Chair here, when you play platyers who know the Wario MU they catch on to bite approaches easily, and I'm not using it that predicatably. And I hate when you do read a roll or whatver and you ended up biting close, but just not enough.

don't get me wrong, it's great, but I don't thnink it should be preached either. It can lead to many hits. the best application for it is definitely for platform pressure. Instead of clapping mindlessly, just bite, it's great. Also does stop MKs, and other people, who like to dash attack. Great way to cover landing vs snakes who like to dacus. We can go on and on about when it's good. But really, those reads could have been claps or fsmashes, or something better. Even empty hop to grab could be better.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Depends on the mu...

Like i don't find bite that good vs mk. There's usually a better choice.

But vs snake it's amazing.

Vs pit it's very bleh. Never the best choice.

Vs falco average. It can be used good in this mu but it's kinda awkward. Usually a better choice exists. It punishes spotdodge everytime which is an amazing thing to have.

Vs D3 amazing

Vs Wario pretty good.

See what i mean?

Also wario is a bunch about fear and if u instill into the opponent the fear of u getting a free advantageous situation from biting their shield it makes them have to second-guess even more which is only beneficial. It's an amazing move. It's not overrated it's not underrated. It's just a good move. It adds a whole layer of options and mindgames.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Depends on the mu...

Like i don't find bite that good vs mk. There's usually a better choice.

But vs snake it's amazing.

Vs pit it's very bleh. Never the best choice.

Vs falco average. It can be used good in this mu but it's kinda awkward. Usually a better choice exists. It punishes spotdodge everytime which is an amazing thing to have.

Vs D3 amazing

Vs Wario pretty good.

See what i mean?

Also wario is a bunch about fear and if u instill into the opponent the fear of u getting a free advantageous situation from biting their shield it makes them have to second-guess even more which is only beneficial. It's an amazing move. It's not overrated it's not underrated. It's just a good move. It adds a whole layer of options and mindgames.
I wouldnt call it amazing against snake or d3 because if they roll behind you while you are falling and then grab you or in snakes case f-tilt you, youre going to eat at LEAST 20% from attempting to use a move on them that would do 6-10%.

Bite is good if you pepper it in to your gameplay as a mixup every once in a while. I definitely wouldnt call it underrated. You can be punished HARD for it if anybody sees it coming.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I wouldnt call it amazing against snake or d3 because if they roll behind you while you are falling and then grab you or in snakes case f-tilt you, youre going to eat at LEAST 20% from attempting to use a move on them that would do 6-10%.

Bite is good if you pepper it in to your gameplay as a mixup every once in a while. I definitely wouldnt call it underrated. You can be punished HARD for it if anybody sees it coming.
Naw that's not how i meant it to be used. Cuz if your doing it that way your likely get uptilted by snake.

Bite is just simply soooooo good at catching snake. Like it's really easy to have actual bite strings vs snake. It covers some of his most common options so well. And just keeps resetting the situation. It's also amazing when mixed in with tires or if their use to you coming down a certain way.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
bite doesnt reset any situation unless you bite someone near the edge, it doesnt have realistic followups and tends to simply give your opponent his footing back, dunno about you but i dont call that advantageous

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
bite doesnt reset any situation unless you bite someone near the edge, it doesnt have realistic followups and tends to simply give your opponent his footing back, dunno about you but i dont call that advantageous
Your obviously stuck in your opinion so i'm gonna stop here.

Next subject...

WHERE DA VIDS AT REFLEX D:<

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Naw your entitled to think what you want. Just like i am. And that, my fellow kinsmen, is how playstyle diversity exists.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
There is no universal interpretation of HOW to use a characters moveset. Which leads to different people using the same character but differing in many ways from other players. Even characters who have a very staple line of thinking and behaviors thrust towards them through videos or common knowledge, as people progress and play the character they find their own uses for moves and whether or not they like them. Which then spreads to other people if said people find that they like the results of player x's innovation or creative uses of said moves. And those who do not simply don't bother trying to learn from it or incorporate it and that is certainly an available choice.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Bite Cypher, bite Yoshi DJ on the ledge. Move is teh gudz on Bridge of teh Eldin. Lololol

Pwneroni is gone. Bassem is more active then Mr. Pwn?!? Whatevs.

Masky, whatever happened to that momentum cancel you found right after the Unspe....

Krystedez

Awaken the Path

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
After COUNTLESS years without vids of me, here some footage from this past Saturday:

HOBO 33 (9th out of 48)
vs. Vinnie :popo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSFq_dF58bg

My set vs. Espy is coming soon.

I don't know the IC's MU at all, if you can tell. Tips and critiques would be appreciated!
Every Wario MU you don't know can be solved by camping and CPing. Good job though jnig.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo JNig I think you coulda taken that easily. Good to see you're back. I don't usually like to give advice but from what I saw there are a couple of things you could work on so just hear me out;

1. You used your second jump waaaay too much. It got predictable too quickly. I saw that you were waiting for his desyncs to hit him, which is a good thing, but you did so with the same approach. Even when you weren't going for a diving dair, you still jumped around with your second jump too many times which other ICs would catch on and abuse by covering your landing easy. Vinnie wasn't doing so, but he coulda beat you harder if he did. Next time, just space with your hops and when the time is right, go for your dair. you could also jump over him to see how he would react and capatalize on it.

2. You did some decent separation but you always went for popo instead of nana when nana is sooo easy to predict and hit. This is something I just started doing but it works wonders. I know what you're thinking since it's what I use to think, go for popo cause popo is the key to losing his stock not nana; Buuut, getting rid of nana makes that stock easier. Nana will always go towards popo, so pwn that *****.

3. I found that tires ***** ICs, then again tires **** in any MU but more so with ICs cause it catches their dash animation well and it sometimes prevents them from grabbing your landing. Z-drop or dthrow tires a lot, it will also help with finding more openings.

I think that's all i got, if something else comes to mind I'll post.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I really think that around 7:45 you had a strong opportunity to take out your bike for tires. At least then you wouldn't have to just charge in, you have a lot more power with a tire in your hand. Instead you went in blindly and took quite a bit of unnecessary percentage. You almost got CG'd, as well.

That's really all the advice I can offer. P:

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
What REALLY sucked is that they used some sort of the Apex ruleset, which meant BOTH RC and Brinstar were banned. I was like FUUUUUUUUUUUU, I had a good chance at winning with those stages, or at least getting a 3rd game.

I appreciate the tips. The double jumps were mostly due to my lack of knowledge, not sure exactly how to approach, and the fear of the unknown. Other than all-or-nothing dairs, what are some other approaches I could use? After watching the set, tires definitely would've helped a lot, I need to look for opportunities to get them.

When I seperate them, I'm not exactly sure what to do, mostly I'll fake going after nana, then attack popo. At the end of the last match, I did get a waft on her, then hit her with an upair. When that upair didn't kill her, I got discouraged. Again, lack of exp shows.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
What REALLY sucked is that they used some sort of the Apex ruleset, which meant BOTH RC and Brinstar were banned. I was like FUUUUUUUUUUUU, I had a good chance at winning with those stages, or at least getting a 3rd game.

I appreciate the tips. The double jumps were mostly due to my lack of knowledge, not sure exactly how to approach, and the fear of the unknown. Other than all-or-nothing dairs, what are some other approaches I could use? After watching the set, tires definitely would've helped a lot, I need to look for opportunities to get them.

When I seperate them, I'm not exactly sure what to do, mostly I'll fake going after nana, then attack popo. At the end of the last match, I did get a waft on her, then hit her with an upair. When that upair didn't kill her, I got discouraged. Again, lack of exp shows.
That's some pretty **** ****. I seriously wouldn't attend a tourney where 2 of my best stages are banned of course you prob didn't know ahead of time but that **** is pretty ****ing gay. It ***** a character like wario and gives characters like Falco and IC so much more of an advantage what a ****ing joke. I'd be ready to fight if I was in your shoes.

As for IC you want to separate them and then put damage on nana. You can camp them if you get a lead and nana is dead. Just remember that the IC ability is split in half when it's only one of them on the field. Fair is supposedly a really solid choice in the MU. Sometimes is okay to land a bite and eat a smash attack.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Use bike more against IC's when they're jumping around waiting for you to weave into their up air. You'll ram them and then have a bike to play with.

But hey I main bike sorry. Good sh!@ though, jn.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
That's some pretty **** ****. I seriously wouldn't attend a tourney where 2 of my best stages are banned of course you prob didn't know ahead of time but that **** is pretty ****ing gay. It ***** a character like wario and gives characters like Falco and IC so much more of an advantage what a ****ing joke. I'd be ready to fight if I was in your shoes.
Implying that having those 2 stages legal would give you a shot at money.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Implying that having those 2 stages legal would give you a shot at money.
Ah yes take shots at me how I miss smashboards. *sigh* I haven't been into smash lately but can you tell me which tournies you've finished in the money in ? Then can you also tell me how losing 2 of Wario best Cp's doesn't hurt him when characters like Marth d3 falco and IC are being played I can't forget falco either. But yeah it's whatever.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I've placed in the money in Brawl In Berlin 2 (international attendance) as well as OSTS: Archer (ditto).

Both tournaments featured people like Orion, Mr. R, Leon and Bjay, BiB featuring Staco, Quiksilver and several other players as well.

I can also tell you that Wario losing 2 strong counterpicks is by no means a good thing, but whining and *****ing about it like a little baby isn't solving anything, neither is entirely refusing to go to tournaments that don't give you a CP that either:

1. Gives you a free win, OR
2. Forces your opponent to CP MK and gay the living **** out of you only to have you (as in, YOU SPECIFICALLY ALMOSTLEGENDARY) whine about how gay MK is.

Having to resort to either Brinstar or RC in order to win is silly, if you can't win on neutrals you don't deserve to win a set.

Now eat a phallus and go kill yourself.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I've placed in the money in Brawl In Berlin 2 (international attendance) as well as OSTS: Archer (ditto).

Both tournaments featured people like Orion, Mr. R, Leon, Bjay, Staco, Quiksilver and several other players.

I can also tell you that Wario losing 2 strong counterpicks is by no means a good thing, but whining and *****ing about it like a little baby isn't solving anything, neither is entirely refusing to go to tournaments that don't give you a CP that either:

1. Gives you a free win, OR
2. Forces your opponent to CP MK and gay the living **** out of you only to have you (as in, YOU SPECIFICALLY ALMOSTLEGENDARY) whine about how gay MK is.

Having to resort to either Brinstar or RC in order to win is silly, if you can't win on neutrals you don't deserve to win a set.

Now eat a phallus and go kill yourself.
Congrats on placing in the money at those tournies man.

I wouldn't go to those tournies because the stages are extremely bias against Wario but by no results of his own. If they're banning the stages with Wario in mind that's fine. However, when a character is warping the stages that should or shouldn't be legal then that changes everything. Which is Metaknight of course. It's not just Wario who loses those CP's it's DK (brinstar) G&W and some other characters. I also like to CP brinstar with Zelda.

You can say whatever you want to about winning or neutrals or having as much pride as you want about whatever I could really give 2 ****s. I'll use w/e advantage I can get if it increases my chances to win. I'm not saying it's impossible to win any of these MU's on a neutral it just becomes that much harder and becomes slanted in other characters favor which is bull****. If they're going to remove Brinstar and RC then you might as well ban Delfino and Halberd. While we're at it lets just say **** it and adopt japans stage list and play on FD BF and SV that's where it's headed.

Also the reason why I wouldn't attend said tourney is because those stages are banned and because I wouldn't want to go into a tourney with a tourney stage list that is handicapping my character. Not a stage list that isn't general accepted with in the community and damn sure not a tourney that is a major. Also all this stage list does is increase the number of MK's since he still has 2 legit CP's. Stay classy Lord chair.

Top Bottom