• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

xzx

Smash Lord
That was fun to watch. It would be really fun to see Glutonny/Reflex/Abandago work in teams, respectively. =D

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yes he has. I'm picking Wario up because he feels nice in 2.5

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Uploading 3 matches, Wario vs Fox, I'd like to get more views so please watch, if you have any tips or criticism that would be great.

Here are the match's (currently uploading) - http://youtu.be/NvnItfGJ3_Y

Anyone down for making a Wario boards video? I can record the replays and do the editing.
I would contribute, but what kind of video? Most people make combo videos, but it could just be a Wario showcase video.. you can take anything you want from my videos, I only just started posting stuff here but I'm not a bad player, I'll need to get more replays :).

Lord Chair

Smash Master
You tend to go in without having applied pressure first. Also you bait fairly little and seem to overrely on conditioning your opponent into expecting certain approaches which doesn't really work in this matchup.

GR Bite is in every way inferior to fthrow/uthrow. Followup potential is atrocious and it tends to do less damage.

In general though you did pretty well you just got outplayed. To the both of you I would dare say nair is pretty broken in this matchup when it come to ground combat.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So it was you, I guess that's why the commentary didn't sound impressed by Wario's tricks and movements (or bored by the ditto) in the very least lol

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Part of why I pick Wario is the fact that it lets me set the tempo of the match regularly. I personally find it very frustrating when the opponent has comparable control.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
If y'all can find any sets/matches outside of the ones on CT and the MM croi posted I'd appreciate it. :happysheep:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The ditto is only boring if you don't know how it works.
I sorta disagree with that. I think the ditto is kinda lame because Wario's good at not getting touched by another Wario lol. Fair becomes basically the best and easiest move in the MU.

Part of why I pick Wario is the fact that it lets me set the tempo of the match regularly. I personally find it very frustrating when the opponent has comparable control.
Yeah. The Wario ditto in particular is kinda lame because it's entirely hinged on that kind of movement for both of you.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Dittos can be boring, I personally don't see why people don't have more than one main, sure it takes more work but you can have more fun, you don't have to do dittos, you might avoid hard match ups, I just switch between 3 characters but I stick to them. I know some people who play their fun characters more than their mains, this is dumb unless you're already one of the best in your smash scene.

xzx

Smash Lord
Dittos can be boring, I personally don't see why people don't have more than one main, sure it takes more work but you can have more fun, you don't have to do dittos, you might avoid hard match ups, I just switch between 3 characters but I stick to them. I know some people who play their fun characters more than their mains, this is dumb unless you're already one of the best in your smash scene.
Kinda no. (Don't have the energy to write why I think so.)

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Kinda no. (Don't have the energy to write why I think so.)
You can write it another time, Wario is my "true" main, but I also have Diddy, and I don't always pick Wario in tournament. Many top players use several characters, I know a good player who mains Luigi while choosing others depending on the match up, it's better than sticking to Luigi, you wont go very far with Luigi alone.

I guess most people who use more than one character in tournament have one actual main though, the character who they are most likely to pick, while they often choose others. Maybe it's easier to learn how to adapt in situations with one character, or just learning how to be consistent.

xzx

Smash Lord
I hope Iota will put these videos in the OP. I haven't watched the 2012 Wario vids yet (not all of them), yes not even abadango's videos ehich I must do soon...

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Added LC's and Jnig's videos. If there's anything I missed tell me. Collapse tags make me want to commit suicide atm! :happysheep:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You should be approaching from higher, I feel. You can get away with fullhop rising aerials, and coming from above with stuff like D-Air can work well when mixing it in between retreating airdodges.

Speaking of retreating airdodges, you do it too often while you're still in range at the end. Being predictable will get you punished if people see it coming.

Your friend needs to start using Up-B more often, too, as it beats a lot of pokes and poorly-spaced options.

Top Bottom