• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I tested it and couldn't throw it forwards without a soft throw. It ended up on BF's top platform. Waymas has some secret I'm not aware of. O:

Edit: Actually it looked like a soft throw, as well. I'd need to test it again.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol there is no secret to it. Idk what you're doing but i've been doing this with warios bike for a while =/ only place i can't get it to work to the type of bounce i'm referring to is a small difference in elevation like being on one side of halberd when flying. Like ik it works on BF, SV, YI, Frigate, Halberd second transfer, PS1, ps2, and the like.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
It realized what I was doing wrong.

I did a soft throw earlier, and it only made it to the center of BF. When I used a hard throw, it would go across the stage completely. There's a difference, but it isn't obvious unless you research it in some way.

Edit: Speaking of bike talk, I learned that you don't need to leave the stage to drop the bike off. It seems like there are four options. 1. Go in the air. 2. Grab the edge. 3. Stay on stage but go into your lying down animation. 4. Stay on stage completely. It all depends how quickly you hold your control stick back to the stage after Wario carries the bike offstage. It's helpful for getting rid of the bike. Didn't feel like making a new post for this, though.

BPx

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MOoVUkS4W0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he4fEoMshWY

This is my first tournament set using Wario. Any help would be appreciated. I don't really know what to do on offense here. I'd like to get my Wario to a level where I can use him for the matchups I don't care for with Sonic.
watching now, I kinda know the olimar mu, i'll leave some advice as i watch(please correct any wrong info others)

-dair to get most pikmin off quickly, but will sometimes leave them on you. clap will get all of them off guaranteed, but is slower and leaves you slightly punishable if the oli is paying attention.

-approaching oli is hard, i'd say you need to weave a little closer to oli, you are giving him too much space to camp, making your camping put you at a disadvantage and giving oli more of an advantage

-WHEN you get next to olimar, nair(oos usually) will do wonders(there are posts somewhere ont he boards that chair wrote)

-when using tires, throwing them directly at olimar from side angles USUALLY wont work unless you catch him rolling, try to give above him and downthrow the tire, or do some kind of zdrop grab mixup for more damage

-(http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8MOoVUkS4W0#t=345s) around here you get a few dairs, after a low % dair you can follow up with nair, another dair, grab, bite, or something(i usually opt for nair because you can keep combo'ing with it for a while against oli)

-learn the bike ledge crash to help with edgeguarding, you had a few opportunities where you just kept fair stringing him that you could have gone for the kill(fart, clap, bair)

-you won't ever get in on olimar if you aren't using some kind of weaving, if you just try to spam approaches into him without masking your movement, most olimars will keep you out without a problem. Wario has AT LEAST 3 times the aerial acceleration than every other character on the roster, abusing it is one of the hardest things to get used to

-you go for risky dashgrabs a lot, try run up shield grab or run up jab grab instead if you really wanna go for it. maybe try using bite, though a little harder to land onstage, its pretty easy to hit them a few times when they are getting back on the stage

-against most characters a hit and run approach is good, but i noticed when you'd catch olimar with an aerial you'd back off before going back in for another. try to keep juggling him as long as possible, this is where you can wrack the big damage/farts

Me vs Logic MM(I get **** on because I was playing really sloppy, but it will show some of this stuff I hope): http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/295983770 @ 35:00 in
edit: rewatching this and i'm playing really aggro :/ probably not the best strat but it will show a few approaches lol(also i kept biking into him, which was stupid...)

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I haven't lost to an Olimar in a while, so I feel pretty comfortable at the matchup. I think it's one of the matchups where we're better off not straight up camping. IMO, fighting for the lead against Olimar is dangerous because he can rack damage at a higher rate than we can, usually. I always kill with clap when I have a pikmin attached to me, I don't want to take any damage and to me, the staling is worth it.

Also, if you ever catch him with two or less pikmin, I'd go complete aggro. Try to do anything you can to get him offstage because if you do, it's a stock. Worst case is that you get hit and punished, possibly killed. But it can kill Oli at any % while we only would die at around 150-160 to a grab or usmash.

Generally Olimars will have trouble grabbing us or hitting with usmash (I love how dair outprioritizes usmash.) I almost always play campy against any character that isn't Olimar. Olimar just fights so well against campy playstyles that I don't think it's worth it. I've never timed out an Olimar.

Oh yeah, and nair is amazing.

BPx

Smash Lord
Generally Olimars will have trouble grabbing us or hitting with usmash (I love how dair outprioritizes usmash.) I almost always play campy against any character that isn't Olimar. Olimar just fights so well against campy playstyles that I don't think it's worth it. I've never timed out an Olimar.
loooooooooooool
(to clarify, olimar can run away and pivot grab us with ease if we try to dair him, and he can also jumpcancel upsmash oos our dair...)

inb4 bassem

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Well I haven't played any amazing Olis since 2009-early 2010. Give me a little room for error, please. =D

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea I knew I was supposed to nair more, but the first time I remember doing it, he upsmashed me OoS before the 2nd hit came out.

What can I do to get pikmin off to keep uair a little fresher? Fsmash or something?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
What I meant was that I was confused when you said that "he might" have been trolling.

Surely you'd know if he was trolling if you were actually there, right? o_O

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
WARIO MAINS!
Zigsta the Salty was not content with his previous defeat. He once again challenged me to single combat and once again he has been EXPOSED.

SkyPirateCoud (B/W Wario) v. Zigsta (Biker Wario)
1 2 3 4

Come critique this man, lest he should run out of shirts to rend.

Labernash

Smash Lord
To Croi, Nice Falco matches. You did great against his side-b's. My favorite thing about your videos is the Mario Kart 64 sounds out of Wario. Not to mention your use of up-b!

To Zigsta, Wario's shoes are mighty un-comfy to be standing so much. Get the poor boy in the air!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, I don't jump much. It's a Bowser thing.

DITTO IS SOOOOO GAY

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
In your set with Pikachu, you missed a bunch of Uairs. Try to Nair in some of those situations. Nair is a great spacing move. It comes out fast and the hit box stays out long enough to retreat it. You're Peach match was decent.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
In your set with Pikachu, you missed a bunch of Uairs. Try to Nair in some of those situations. Nair is a great spacing move. It comes out fast and the hit box stays out long enough to retreat it. You're Peach match was decent.
I think your definition of a spacing tool is off.

Top Bottom