• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario vs. Ness HELP

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Recently I have been fighting a Ness player and all he does is wait. If I make a move, he simply dodges and jumps with his fwd A which I can't safety kick through. If I try to approach him he'll use PK thunder going towards himself. When I reach him, he'll just hit himself with it and missle me away. Same for when I'm landing from the air.

I've tried everything and I can't counter the jumping fwd A, his running A, and his PK thunder (he knows to target me when I'm on the bike.) Aslo, how can I get him to come to me?

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
u must learn how to sh air dodge, just run towards him sh and air dodge. then use the ridiculous chain grab wario has by grabbing and not pressing a direction, instead just spam a button to keep jabbing, when he breaks free grab him again

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
u must learn how to sh air dodge, just run towards him sh and air dodge. then use the ridiculous chain grab wario has by grabbing and not pressing a direction, instead just spam a button to keep jabbing, when he breaks free grab him again
But dont do it for too long, its kinda lame, though if you want to it ok.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
I thought this only worked for Marth, Squirtle and Charizard.

Also, I do not wish to win by using such a simple infinate.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You mostly have to work on your dodging. Ness could be easily gimped if you get him below the stage. Just... don't even try offstage up airs, or you'll get your face spiked off.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol Wario doesn't have an infinite on Ness, unless perhaps he grabs him close to a wall. Ness can DI far enough away that you have to dash grab him if you want to grab him again.

Just keep hitting him and when he is released go for a Fsmash, I am pretty sure it is guaranteed to connect. Do that for most of the match and maybe throw some aerials in there and Ness will have a hard time beating you.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Lol Wario doesn't have an infinite on Ness, unless perhaps he grabs him close to a wall. Ness can DI far enough away that you have to dash grab him if you want to grab him again.

Just keep hitting him and when he is released go for a Fsmash, I am pretty sure it is guaranteed to connect. Do that for most of the match and maybe throw some aerials in there and Ness will have a hard time beating you.
Thanks. I didn't know he could be released into the fwd smash. Any tips for getting past his forward aerials or running attacks? I can't stand his disjointed hit boxes.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Sheild his Fair then grab him. I'm pretty sure Wario can always hit Ness with an F-smash when Ness breaks free.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
How do you shield his fair? It either:
A: Pokes through your shield
B: Lands with no lag and Ness goes into his AAA attack
C: Lands with no lag and Ness does a grab when you try to shield his jab attack

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You don't shield his fair... you either bait him into starting it and then get into good position, or you airdodge through him as he starts it up, fastfall, then start punishing.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
How do you shield his fair? It either:
A: Pokes through your shield
B: Lands with no lag and Ness goes into his AAA attack
C: Lands with no lag and Ness does a grab when you try to shield his jab attack
I know nothing about Ness but I thought you could sheild grab it. I don't know why I thought that, sorry. I'm really sorry. I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Just approach him.
Dair his shield, and mix up which way you land.
He can't grab it.
Are you using Dair as your primary approach?
No, but I will now. I'm assuming you have to short hop Dair. I'll give it a shot.

The problem is, every now and then when I attempt the Dair, I jump too high and it screws me over. I should practice a little more, but the Dair will probably work.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Yup. Dair approach is very good and spammable.
If you jump to high, double jump and fast fall dair.
It's listed in one of the guides as "double jump fast falled dair bombs"
and it also works very well.
srsly, whenever I'm losing I'm probably not Dairing enough.
lol. also, once you've got a handle on Wario's main moves (and his recovery, it takes a while to work out the kinks on that one) try to work Bite into your game. It does wonders for shield pressure, and it catches spot dodges. It's a wonderful move. Read bluesHell's guide it will help.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Yup. Dair approach is very good and spammable.
If you jump to high, double jump and fast fall dair.
It's listed in one of the guides as "double jump fast falled dair bombs"
and it also works very well.
srsly, whenever I'm losing I'm probably not Dairing enough.
lol. also, once you've got a handle on Wario's main moves (and his recovery, it takes a while to work out the kinks on that one) try to work Bite into your game. It does wonders for shield pressure, and it catches spot dodges. It's a wonderful move. Read bluesHell's guide it will help.
I know the bite is a wonderful move, but again, it's hard to use on Ness because of his long ranged disjointed hit boxes. I can't bite his running attack nor his forward air, which is usually when you're supposed to use the bite. I can't even bite him when he uses the PK missle. Even when I'm falling, his Nair and Bair still (for some reason) have priority over the bite.

Sometimes, if he misjudges his running distance and attacks late, or tries to use the move to poke through my shield, I can bite him. But it's a guessing game if I do.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I know the bite is a wonderful move, but again, it's hard to use on Ness because of his long ranged disjointed hit boxes. I can't bite his running attack nor his forward air, which is usually when you're supposed to use the bite.

Sometimes, if he misjudges his running distance and attacks late, or tries to use the move to poke through my shield, I can bite him. But it's a guessing game if I do.
Meh, I try not to use it in that situation as there are better options.
When I use it it's usually in close range after a spot dodge if I'm close enough, and if I'm not close enough then a SH bite usually works.
Yeah, bite is usually used in the guessing games, but every fighter has those.
You just have to get a good feel for what your opponent is planning.
And if it's someone you fight on a regular basis, that will help too.

Top Bottom