• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario vs ROB?

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Just abit of curiousity but is there anything Wario can actually do to ROB? I find its like Wario doesn't even have one single move which can either outspeed, outprioritize or outrange ANY of ROB's moves. Its bad enough the guy can spam projectiles all day long but I find that even if you somehow get near him theres nothing Wario can actually do to punish him.

The only moves I can ever seem to even hit with are the bite attack which is godly anyway and his Wario Waft which isn't a good option for obvious reasons. Even when recovering its just seemingly impossible to do so. ROB seems to be higher ranged and faster to compensate for Wario's higher maneuvrebility and worst of all, everytime you get on the bike his back+A will simply gimp you off it.

While I'm at it I have a similar problem with Mr G&W too but at least I can occasionally hit him with the Up+A. I can't even do that to ROB.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm fairly certain there's been a thread made on this. It's an annoying matchup, but by no means impossible. Also, ROB's kill moves are so readable, that you should live for a LONG time.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Sorry about the new thread but I checked first two pages and didn't see any threads on ROB so I thought it'd be okay. Also yes I don't have any problems reading ROB's moves it keeps him alive for a long time and is about the only thing I can really do.

My main problem is I can't rack up early damage on him, exact same problem I have with Mr G&W. Actually I probably have slightly more problems with G&W than ROB but at least G&W doesn't seem to gimp me as much during my recoveries.

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
ROB and GW are my two ahrdest as well... GaW mostly his aireals **** everything, and his attacks have like NO lag... Dsamsh is a ***** too, any advise.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
A lot of Game and Watches are easy b/c they're SO predictable. Spotdodge > Fsmash on key gets them every time, waft kills them at like 60, and dair bombs own their downsmash spam.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Just try to stay below the rob. That's one of his biggest weaknesses, becuse his only options are to:
1. Dair (easy to read)
2: Nair (VERY hard to time to hit below you)
3:Airdodge (punishable)
4:Use Up-B to manuve to a better position(wastes fuel)
Wario can exploit 1-3 nicely with his u-air (if timed correctly). 4 is harder to deal with, you have to read them and anticipate an attack.

Oh, and if I remember right holding up will get you out of ROB's d-smash.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Oh, and if I remember right holding up will get you out of ROB's d-smash.
Thats really nice to know, its one of the attacks I have trouble DI'ing out of and catches me way too much. I'd like to stay underneath ROB, but he doesn't even have to go into the air to be a threat to me thanks to those **** projectiles and tilt ranges. Anytime they give me a chance to go underneath them its like a godsend.

bite
dodge and neutral dodge
period.
Bite is about the only damage racker I've been regularly able to use. But I need to work on my ground game, using Wario, Ness and Puff as regular characters it feels weird to even have to work on a ground game.

A lot of Game and Watches are easy b/c they're SO predictable. Spotdodge > Fsmash on key gets them every time, waft kills them at like 60, and dair bombs own their downsmash spam.
Yeah but unlike ROB they're not punishable. G&W just has zero lag on any of his moves and its ridiculous how fast they come out too. Though I'll try spotdodge Wario tackle, its something that hasn't occured to me since I'm in the air harrassing most opponents.. Waft has been my main KO move but that requires me to play completely defensive for like 30-40ish seconds.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Being in the air is hard against game and Watch b/c almost everything he does outprioritizes you there. Most of the damage I do is by punishing keys or divebombing on his smashes or predicting his aerial and catching him with down airs. Not gonna lie, you really have to work for it, but it's not that bad against your generic Game and Watch.

Top Bottom