• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I found another silly Wario bike glitch, though this one's exclusive to his Heavy Bike custom.

The steps are simple:

1. Be playing in Training Mode on a speed setting other then the default or a Slow Smash (You'll understand why this matters if you try the glitch without this step first).
2. Take out the Heavy Bike in the air and simply land on the ground.
3. Have lulz.

If you don't feel like actually trying it yourself, it makes Wario start twitching so rapidly that you can't even tell he's doing anything while the game's running at standard speed. He stops the moment you perform any action on the bike other then speeding up, though.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Not exactly Wario related, but does anyone know of any videos with Ashley's Theme Ver. 2 playing in the background of the Gamer stage during a fight? I know it's only in the Japanese version, but I want to see how well the song fits in with the stage.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I only recently noticed the amusing detail that Wario's overalls inflate when he uses the half or fully charged Wario Waft due to the gas build-up.

There isn't any change with the pants of his biker outfit. I guess they must have better ventilation.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I only recently noticed the amusing detail that Wario's overalls inflate when he uses the half or fully charged Wario Waft due to the gas build-up.

There isn't any change with the pants of his biker outfit. I guess they must have better ventilation.
Yeah, I've noticed that. Always makes me laugh, especially with his D:< face.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
May I ask Wario's main weaknesses and how most characters go against you? This character has been a real pain for me to fight lately and I dunno how to deal with you, and I'm certain I'm going to keep encountering you in tournaments so there's no escape. In some ways, I find Wario even more frustrating to fight against than Sheik and Diddy.

Killing you seems to take forever with that bike of yours and being a semi-heavy, although its a lot easier when you don't have the bike

Your bite..... I really have no idea what to do about it and probably the main source of my frustration: Particularly when Warios use it against me from mid-air to approach me with it since I can't shield.Even when I shoot projectiles at you, you seem to take a much shorter time to digest them than Kirby or Dedede do with their Swallows and harder to punish.

Sincerely: :4greninja::4sonic::4megaman: :4palutena: and :4duckhunt:, especially Sonic

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
May I ask Wario's main weaknesses and how most characters go against you? This character has been a real pain for me to fight lately and I dunno how to deal with you, and I'm certain I'm going to keep encountering you in tournaments so there's no escape. In some ways, I find Wario even more frustrating to fight against than Sheik and Diddy.

Killing you seems to take forever with that bike of yours and being a semi-heavy, although its a lot easier when you don't have the bike

Your bite..... I really have no idea what to do about it and probably the main source of my frustration: Particularly when Warios use it against me from mid-air to approach me with it since I can't shield.Even when I shoot projectiles at you, you seem to take a much shorter time to digest them than Kirby or Dedede do with their Swallows and harder to punish.

Sincerely: :4greninja::4sonic::4megaman: :4palutena: and :4duckhunt:, especially Sonic
Sounds like you've run into me on For Glory a few times. :4wario2:

My eyes light up when I see Sonic charging up to come right at me... CHOMP TIME.

Or when Greninja is about to teleport towards me. CHOMP TIME.
Or when Megaman throws the discs. CHOMP TIME.
Or when Palutena goes for her energy shots or reflector screen, jump over it and its.... CHOMP TIME.
Or when Duck Hunt, uses his clay pigeon, jump over it and it's... CHOMP TIME.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I've contemplated trying to troll a less skilled player by beating them using nothing but the bite, but I think that would be a little too cruel.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Really I don't have any advice on what to do against Chomp other than to respect it. It's an incredibly versatile move.

Just keep outranging Wario and don't shield too much. He literally eats shields.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
And if you see his mouth open, don't feel like you have to do something before ya miss your chance, just wait till he closes it. Its not a huge window but thats when to hit him. You could release a charged smash or go for a grab.

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
And if you see his mouth open, don't feel like you have to do something before ya miss your chance, just wait till he closes it. Its not a huge window but thats when to hit him. You could release a charged smash or go for a grab.
The thing is his mouth stays open much much longer than people even anticipate.

I've had people stand there, crickets, run and try to grab then get sucked in. lol

Sonsa

Smash Champion
The thing is his mouth stays open much much longer than people even anticipate.

I've had people stand there, crickets, run and try to grab then get sucked in. lol
It's true! Ya just gatta practice the timing, your hand eye coordenations gatta be pretty good to react as soon as you see his teeth come together

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I actually noticed that Kirby's Chomp if he gets it isn't as good as Wario's. Kirby's mouth is significantly smaller that I was able to grab him out of the move, whereas if I did it against Wario I'd get sucked in. :laugh:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Hey you money grabbing permafarters, I played a bit with random characters against a friend today who is a Wario main. He did fairly well against most, but I completely obliterated him multiple times with Ganondorf. Was he just lacking experience or is that an actual bad MU for the ShoulderPokerKingWaWa?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hey you money grabbing permafarters, I played a bit with random characters against a friend today who is a Wario main. He did fairly well against most, but I completely obliterated him multiple times with Ganondorf. Was he just lacking experience or is that an actual bad MU for the ShoulderPokerKingWaWa?
Uh, dunno. Wario's bite should shut down lots of Grannydork's approaching options. Guess ya attacked from above a lot or yeah maybe your buddy needs more practice?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Uh, dunno. Wario's bite should shut down lots of Grannydork's approaching options. Guess ya attacked from above a lot or yeah maybe your buddy needs more practice?
Well I was used to the bite by now since I play against him pretty often. Also SH fAir just ignores the open mouth when spaced right so yeah, I attacked a lot from above.

crocaturtle

Smash Cadet
NNID
crocaturtle
but warios air moves are much faster than ganons tho...also the bite works on the warlock punch and his foward b....whenever i play gannons i jus get them to sheild alot or jump by the bike and punush with aireals or chomp

Browny

Smash Hater
I am convinced Wario is high tier in this game.

I get that his nerfs are bad but the thing is... most characters are nerfed. He still has the godly mobility and bite and waft.

I might main him in this game. I literally never practice EVER and I beat people who practice all the time because I just employ his brawl playstyle, minus dair pressure and it works really well. Also his fsmash has a janky hitbox that hits behind him. I have hit quite a few people by facing away from them and charging fsmash, they try to hit me and they get hit by the punch as it comes from behind wario and its has a super powerful hitbox, I've killed people below 60% multiple times with that.

I think Wario has really good potential in this game just like brawl and it will take a while to see it. I wish more top players would pick him and so I could see if what I think applies at the highest level. For now though, ill just bite everyone mercilessly.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Had my first Smash 4 tournament experience today.

It was a silly, free-for-all, items on high tournament. While they did have some custom sets, all of them only had the default Wario Waft, which was a huge let down, because Rose-Scented Waft's massive hitbox has even more value in a multiplayer match.

I think the highlights were taking the first round with an accidental Wariocide (Which was recorded...somewhere), getting the speeding bike to fully charged Waft combo off successfully, and making good use of Wario-Man for some silly combo shenanigans. I landed lots of wafts in general, which is always satisfying. Only made through one round before ending up in losers and lasted two more rounds there before I failed completely, though. Too many silly SDs because of items/ATs and Pokemon flying around.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

So here's a really weird glitch someone found that involves Wario Man transforming back to normal when the match ends.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

So here's a really weird glitch someone found that involves Wario Man transforming back to normal when the match ends.
I fail to see how this is a glitch. Transformations always wear off right before the match ends, otherwise you would see Wario Man clapping his hands on the results screen. That might be fun to see, I guess.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I fail to see how this is a glitch. Transformations always wear off right before the match ends, otherwise you would see Wario Man clapping his hands on the results screen. That might be fun to see, I guess.
Watch the ending [results screen part]:4wario2:

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I have a feeling this might work with any of the transformation final smashes as long as the match ends while the character is in the middle of changing back into their normal form (When they aren't visible and are just a ball of light).

EDIT: I actually replicated the glitch, and it's downright hilarious. Basically, if the match ends while Wario is in the aforementioned state, he'll just casually drop onto the victory screen after, where you're free to do whatever the heck you want until you exit. Just don't move too far to the sides or you'll disappear.

Amusingly, you can even attack and destroy another Wario's bike while he's riding it in his victory pose, leaving him sitting on thin air.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So do you guys think Wario will have any new changes in the 1.06 update?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd go in the social threads and post my silhouettes!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
So do you guys think Wario will have any new changes in the 1.06 update?
Depends on what kinda balance patch it really is. Personally I think he doesn't really need any/much changes, but I'd totally appreciate a UAir buff.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I'd like an uair buff and for the bike tires to be throwable again, partly so that loading screen tip is actually accurate.

Wario doesn't have any major flaws aside from a lack of a threatening airgame when the waft isn't charged and difficulty approaching. Those two changes would address those issues to a degree.

Last edited:

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
I am convinced Wario is high tier in this game.

I get that his nerfs are bad but the thing is... most characters are nerfed. He still has the godly mobility and bite and waft.

I might main him in this game. I literally never practice EVER and I beat people who practice all the time because I just employ his brawl playstyle, minus dair pressure and it works really well. Also his fsmash has a janky hitbox that hits behind him. I have hit quite a few people by facing away from them and charging fsmash, they try to hit me and they get hit by the punch as it comes from behind wario and its has a super powerful hitbox, I've killed people below 60% multiple times with that.

I think Wario has really good potential in this game just like brawl and it will take a while to see it. I wish more top players would pick him and so I could see if what I think applies at the highest level. For now though, ill just bite everyone mercilessly.
The thing is, some characters have no problem dealing with bite. A good falcon will always land his dashgrab on you if you try to go for it on anything but his wakeup. And of course sword characters too.

Yeah Wario just like pretty much every character has potential. If you can get solid reads with him and punish quickly, you can devastate your opponent. I would say reads are slightly more rewarding with him than other characters.

Kill moves are way harder to land now due to slow startup and lack of super armor. Wario can struggle to kill many characters.

So yeah Wario is high tier but not substantially, and he's much better suited as a secondary than a main due to a few hard matchups. Bite has definitely been nerfed but his BIKE has been buffed to hell.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
The bite got both nerfed and buffed.

The hitbox is smaller, but the start/end lag is lower, and Wario retains his momentum better while using the move.

Waroh

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mr.Waroh
...and for the bike tires to be throwable again, partly so that loading screen tip is actually accurate.
That's all I want. I'd imagine it would make the Speeding Bike a bit more interesting!

Roots

Smash Cadet
I'd like a frame 3 nair though there's really no chance of it happening. Wario's is frame 4 which is just a bit too slow for escaping most combos.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I also want the initial hit of NAir to last for a few more frames, but maybe that's asking for too much lol.

Top Bottom