• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's KO Percentages!

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Wario's KO Percentages!
A guide to how much damage Wario has to have to be killed by other characters, and how much damage they need to have for him to kill them!

Intro

This, as stated earlier, will show how much damage Wario has to have to be killed by other characters, and how much damage they need to have for Wario to kill them. I'm going to start off by using Final Destination, but I should be able to eventually get to other stages. For attacks that knock Wario sideways, I'll use the edge of the stage (so that he's doing the animation where he tries to keep his balance) as well as the center of the stage, and for vertical attacks is doesn't particualarly matter, since there are no changes in elevation on Final Destination. Therefore, data provided that has a "side" and "center" category, the data is for horizontal knockback (unless specified otherwise). I'll provide data for the moves that can KO him under 300%; moves and data categories that are not on the list can only KO him over 300%, which is rarely an issue in competitive battling. The damages shown here are for the characters' damage before they are hit with the attack.

Spikes obviously don't really work for the way I'm running this test; there probably wont be many one here.

All data for the attacks is based off the attack's sweetspot. I might do non-sweetspot data later.

Assume throws are with no jabs.

There's data for both no DI, and also for the best DI I could possibly manage. If you were able to do a better DI, there needs to be proof, but we'll work something out. The "perfect" DI stats are not likely to be achieved on a regular basis because to do so consistently would be very difficult; the stat is merely there as a yardstick.

And just as a note, this is a huge project and I will not be working on it every single day. So it will probably take a while... :ohwell:

Next two posts will have the actual data.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Wario Survival Percentages
(This section shows how high Wario's Damage has to be for opponents to KO him)

Meta Knight Data
(most dangerous to least dangerous, using the side of FD for horizontal knockback)

"Quick List" of the Attacks
Key:

Move in red can KO Wario on the side of FD with no DI at under 100%
Moves in orange KO him at 100-199%
Moves in yellow KO him at 200-299%
Moves in green only KO him, if at all, above 300%
Moves in white are not damaging attacks

Neutral-A
Forward Tilt

Up tilt
Down Tilt
Neutral-B
Forward-B
Up-B
Down-B

Neutral Aerial
Forward Aerial
Backward Aerial
Up Aerial
Down Aerial

Forward Throw
Backward Throw
Up Throw
Down Throw

Forward Smash
Up Smash
Down Smash

Forward smash

Side of FD (no DI): 82%
Center of FD (no DI): 116%
Side of FD ("perfect" DI): Updating...
Center of FD ("perfect" DI): Updating...

Down Smash

Side of FD (no DI): 88%
Center of FD (no DI): 133%

Neutral Aerial

Side of FD (no DI): 94%
Center of FD (no DI): 133%

Backwards Aerial (assuming all hits land)

Side of FD (no DI): 128%
Center of FD (no DI): 182%

Backwards Throw

Side of FD (no DI): 135%
Center of FD (no DI): 211%
Center of FD ("perfect DI): Updating...

Forwards Aerial (assuming all hits land)

Side of FD (no DI): 142%
Center of FD (no DI): 221%
Center pf FD ("perfect" DI): Updating...

Up-B

Vertical; no DI: 145%
Vertical; "perfect" DI: Updating...

Down Aerial

Side of FD (no DI): 145%
Center of FD (no DI): 203%

Down-B

Side of FD (no DI): 158%
Center of FD (no DI): 173%

Up Smash

Vertical; no DI: 162%

Up Air

Side of FD (no DI): 178%
Center of FD (no DI): 207%

Up Throw

Vertical; no DI: 183%

Up Tilt

Vertical; no DI: 198%
Vertical; "perfect" DI: 211%

Neutral-B (assuming all hits land)

Vertical; no DI: 212%
Vertical; "perfect" DI: 227%

Forward Throw

Side of FD; horizontal KO (no DI): 241%
Center of FD; vertical KO (no DI): 248%
Side of FD ("perfect" DI): 248%
Center of FD ("perfect" DI): 291%

Down Tilt
Side of FD (no DI): 260%

More soon!

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
Knowing Krazyglue... I garuntee he will complete this (probably). Hmmm, that prize seems a bit far-fetched, though!

Jeez, I sound like Maxfire!...

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
PhantomX said:
If you do this and actually complete it. I will have sex with you.
Mmkay. I'll... keep that in mind. :)

EDIT: The first batch of data is up! I've done data for all of MKs moves using no DI. Sadly, I have yet to try any of them with DI. The data took about 2 hours and 20 minutes to get.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea, but I'd like to make a suggestion, how about a list of all the moves that don't kill/aren't listed, along with a list of the moves that do in order, at the top, so people can get a general idea, without needing to know everything.

I might be able to help out later, but I'm kind of busy right now (2 exams tomorrow for school).

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i kinda started this and have some data on "no DI middle of FD" on light characters (tested on jigs) middle weight (tested on mario) and heavy (tested on D3) i will upload if you want those but i will also help with the noDI ones since i dont have someone who can DI for me.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
This will be awesome if it's completed!
Yup!!! :)

I like the idea, but I'd like to make a suggestion, how about a list of all the moves that don't kill/aren't listed, along with a list of the moves that do in order, at the top, so people can get a general idea, without needing to know everything.
Yeah, I coulld make a "Quick List" at the top of each character section.

I might be able to help out later, but I'm kind of busy right now (2 exams tomorrow for school).
Ok, no problem, just let me know when you're able to.

i kinda started this and have some data on "no DI middle of FD" on light characters (tested on jigs) middle weight (tested on mario) and heavy (tested on D3) i will upload if you want those but i will also help with the noDI ones since i dont have someone who can DI for me.
Oh, yes, please do! That would be very helpful! :)

Imma go start my work on the MK DI stats. And make the "quick lists".

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Ok, the first quick list is up! For now it is using the data for no DI (since I don't have the DI data complete), but soon I will change it to fit the DI data since those sets of numbers are more relevant to competitive battling.

I'm also going to convert this thread into a "Wario's KO Percentages against Meta Knight on FD" thread, because to fit all of the characters on this page would take up an absurd amount of space. Most likely I'll make a "Wario's KO Percentages" section in the Wario Directory and provide links to all the pages.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
lol my mistake i only did it for my marth, ill get started for wario tho :D middle of FD no DI ill go down the tier list with the most used kill moves with wario: fsmash, filt, bair, upair, nair. if any others tell me.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
I'm also going to convert this thread into a "Wario's KO Percentages against Meta Knight on FD" thread, because to fit all of the characters on this page would take up an absurd amount of space. Most likely I'll make a "Wario's KO Percentages" section in the Wario Directory and provide links to all the pages.
How about a page with all the Quick Lists, or at least all the red ones on it so people know the main moves to watch out for. This could be added in with the matchups for characters.

Yup!!! :)

Ok, no problem, just let me know when you're able to.
Might be able to do some on the weekend,but is this all done in training mode or in VS? Training mode would be easier, but aren't moves that haven't been staled in VS, like, multiplied by 1.05 or something because of the way stale moves works?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
lol my mistake i only did it for my marth, ill get started for wario tho :D middle of FD no DI ill go down the tier list with the most used kill moves with wario: fsmash, filt, bair, upair, nair. if any others tell me.

Waft? Lol, how could you forget that!?

That should be good enough, most other moves won't really be killing. Maybe you can try fthrow.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
uh, i started the waft thing and thats the first thing i did but im not going to wait hours for one matchup but i got this..

1min fart kills light characters (tested on jigs) at 85 in the middle of FD and 65 for the 1:30 fart... hmm looking back i dont think this is right, i farted on a diddy at 37 at 1:50ish and it killed from the middle of FD. maybe take the info or maybe not, but i will get started on the tier going down using those moves soon.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
If you do this and actually complete it. I will have sex with you.
That... Is either really awesome or really freaky, I dunno what.

This is very interesting, it'll help me with the matchups in my guide, which aren't the best but at least they give a good idea what to do I hope...

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
uh, i started the waft thing and thats the first thing i did but im not going to wait hours for one matchup but i got this..

1min fart kills light characters (tested on jigs) at 85 in the middle of FD and 65 for the 1:30 fart... hmm looking back i dont think this is right, i farted on a diddy at 37 at 1:50ish and it killed from the middle of FD. maybe take the info or maybe not, but i will get started on the tier going down using those moves soon.
Well, if you're not sure you're right, you can check 3GOD's frame data to give you an idea; he tasted waft on mario from the middle of FD.

How about a page with all the Quick Lists, or at least all the red ones on it so people know the main moves to watch out for. This could be added in with the matchups for characters.
Good idea; I could do that.

Might be able to do some on the weekend,but is this all done in training mode or in VS? Training mode would be easier, but aren't moves that haven't been staled in VS, like, multiplied by 1.05 or something because of the way stale moves works?
I'm not sure; I've been doing it in training though. I could do it in Vs, however, by connecting two controllers and setting it up so that it's an infinite time match. But then stale moves become an issue.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure; I've been doing it in training though. I could do it in Vs, however, by connecting two controllers and setting it up so that it's an infinite time match. But then stale moves become an issue.
I thought about how to do it a while ago, I think it would be best with 3 controllers in an infinite time match, have one Wario, one character you want to test, and a Fox, whose laser you can stale to do hits of 1%, without affecting the stale moves of other characters, then just kill Wario and the opponent after each hit to refresh stale moves/damage.

Also, I'm almost done with Snake, just throws left I think. Although I'm not very good at DIing/lazy, so I've only done data from the centre and edge of FD.

PS: w00t 100th post!
My sig is actually relevant now lol.

Edit: Finished! w00t, my 100th post is somewhat informative!

List of the all the percents that Snake's attacks kill Wario at:
All percents are from before beng hit.
No DI done.
(Listed as - Name of move/killing percent at centre of FD/killing percent at edge of FD)
Jab*:
All hits - 148 - 142
Last hit only - 92 - 90
Ftilt:
All hits - 133 - 84
Last hit only - 141 - 93
Utilt** - 108
Dtilt** - 141
Fsmash - 55 - 17
Usmash** - 138
Dsmash** - 126
Fully charged Fsmash - 25 - 0
Fully charged Usmash** and *** - 138
Fully charged Dsmash** - 84 - 84
Nair:
All hits - 114 - 73
Last hit only - 115 - 76
Fair** - 140
Bair:
Strong hit - 119 - 81
Weak hit - 165 - 121
Uair** - 116
Dair:
All hits - 83 - 46
Last hit only - 98 - 64
B** - 166
Forward B:
Point Blank/Dropped - 256 - 184
Long Range - 143 - 89
Up B - LOLWUT?
Down B** - 99
Fthrow - 224 - 135
Bthrow - 203 - 131 with Snake's back to the edge when he grabs, 273 when Wario is on the edge.
Uthrow** - 210
Dthrow - LOLWUT?
Dash Attack**:
Strong hit** - 171
Weak hit** - 237
The BOX (his taunt) - 360 - 247
Final Smash** - 99

Notes:
*Completing the whole jab combo gives Wario a better angle of knockback than the last hit alone.
**Kills vertically, placement on stage makes no difference.
***Usmash charge does not change damage/knockback of move.

That is all the data for when Snake kills Wario.

MOAR EDIT!:
Currently testing Marth, but I'm sorta busy with school tomorrow and all, so I might not finish it for a while, currently done the ground moves (sorta). After consulting some Marth stuff, found Dsmash has 6 hitboxes total (I only noticed 4), so just need to double check tippers and stuff, since some tippers are weaker then other hits, and then I have Dash Attack, Dair, Uair, and B moves.

Keep checking this post for moar stuff.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Alfa and I have agreed on a formatting change. This thread will be converted back into an overall "Wario's KO Percentages" guide, but with a search function to help users go through it (since it will be massive).

Example:

Table of Contents for Survival Percentages
Meta Knight Quick List (SMKQL)
Meta Knight Full List (SMKFL)
Snake Quick List (SSQL)
...and so on

If, for example, the user wanted to find the full list of Wario's survival percentages against Meta Knight, they would use control+F and search "SMKFL", which should lead them right to the section they need to be at.

Anyways, I've been out of town for a while, but now that I'm back home, I'll start posting the DI data on Meta Knight, as well as the Snake data provided by Alfa.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
I finished off Marth, and rather than updating my post from now on, I'm just going to send the data straight to KrazyGlue. I would appreciate it (and probably KrazyGlue too) if other people could help out with this, it would be a lot quicker with more people helping, just post who you're going to do, so no one doubles up on any characters, then send the data to Krazy when your done with it.
Also

WHO'S THAT POKEMON?!?

(I'm going to be doing all of the hard ones first...)

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I stopped working on this when I realized it would take about a year of my life, nobody but Alfa was helping, and this+school=no sleep. There's a lot better things I could do for the world with those ~500 hours than calculating stats for a game that I likeley won't even be playing in a few years (when the next SSB comes out).

I hope that my fellow wario players will realize that everyone makes mistakes, and this was just a poor decision on my part.

I'm very sorry for getting everyone's hopes up... and I accept all blame for not completing this project.
:( :( :(

Now, with that out of the way, I actually don't even play wario that much anymore; I was pretty terrible with him and I switched over to ROB for doubles and G&W for singles. But I still think he's the best charaacter and I really like the wario community.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
Oh, well, for anyone interested, I started making an updated thread of this a few weeks ago which I was thinking of posting, but I've been so lazy recently, I haven't finished my research on Lucario, although Snake/Marth are done. However, a while ago, this topic popped up in a discussion with a friend of mine, and he said it would be possible to find all of this data through Project Smash Attacks (PSA). Unfortunately, I am unable to use PSA, due to not having a working SD card, meaning I wouldn't be able to go through and do this, and would be stuck doing it in a very tedious fashion, hence my apathetic behaviour towards this project. So if there is anyone with access to PSA, with the spare time to do this, it would be a great help. Until then, I might be able to work up the energy to do Lucario, but I am not making any promises.

Top Bottom