• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Week 18 Matchup REDISCUSSION: Falco!

Padô

Smash Lord
Why?
You can get away from the Grab Release > UpSmash by using the bike and nulyfing peach's Usmash sweetspot :(

I must work on this chain grab against falco.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Why?
You can get away from the Grab Release > UpSmash by using the bike and nulyfing peach's Usmash sweetspot :(

I must work on this chain grab against falco.
I don't think that's true I've done that before and just got upsmashed off the bike.....

Padô

Smash Lord
I'm uploading a video of it maybe, I've done it on a tourny match once (maybe Peachs mistake?), I did not jump from the USmashI got hit but it was weak and it wasnt stale at all.

Back to Falco discussion... PX is jab to FSmash legit?

Discussion ending this week so start giving some numbers since 50-50 is wrong :)

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
I'm uploading a video of it maybe, I've done it on a tourny match once (maybe Peachs mistake?), I did not jump from the USmashI got hit but it was weak and it wasnt stale at all.

Back to Falco discussion... PX is jab to FSmash legit?

Discussion ending this week so start giving some numbers since 50-50 is wrong :)

I play this matchup literally every day lol.

it's 50:50 imo

also whose jab>fsmash are you talking about?

neither should be able to jab>fsmash but falco can jab>grab which leads into a whole mess of options for falco

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Falco can't jab > grab either. You can SDI the jab. Everyone can SDI jabs. There is one part of jab > fsmash for Wario that is guaranteed, you have to hit with the knuckle quite close to Wario's body.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Falco's jab has like 13 frames disadvantage, if you have superhuman reflexes (2frames) you can fsmash through it.
If you shield it you can shieldgrab the first hit if you have superhuman reflexes.

55:45, I play this match-up a lot and it's safe to say that Wario has an advantage. Maybe even 60:40 if that's more to your liking, all depends on what you see as an advantage.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I think this is 60/40 Wario's favour. He should never land a kill move if you are careful while we can kill him even earlier than his strongest killing move.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's fairly close, but if Wario gets a stock lead and gets some damage on Falco, you can call it game on most stages.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah but getting the lead against a character, who has the most broken projectile in the game and who beats all your approaches with utilt/jab isn't quite that easy. Aircamping can only do so much.

:059:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Camping his as Wario is not hard on the majority of stages. Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's, PS1, Lylat for sure, and even FD Wario can play keepaway pretty well (It's not a lovely stage, but if you don't have a choice, it's a manageable stage).

Utilt you can actually SDI out of and punish. Trying to hit with only the last part of Utilt is harder and riskier than using it normally. Jab as Xonar mentioned is punishable on shield.

Padô

Smash Lord
It's fairly close, but if Wario gets a stock lead and gets some damage on Falco, you can call it game on most stages.

Quoted for truth.
Lasers won't be so much pain if you play on his mistakes, he'll need to kill sometime and this demands some approaching.

Top Bottom