• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Week 21 Matchup Discussion: Peach!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dude, like 1/3 of my damage on Peach and Sheik players who love to jab comes from shieldgrabs/grab armoring their jabs. It's super easy to do.

Also, if we're talking about both playing to their fullest potential, corrupted, neither hits the other b/c neither has a safe approach on the other. Get off that peach high horse, lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Except Peach beats us.

Frowny Face :(

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I still don't think so. You think so because you got 3 stocked. I don't know how you can get 3 stocked and claim to know the matchup. Fiction just fart camped Peaches and had great success. Guess what, that's the matchup.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Even though Fiction declined to MM Praxis AND admitted that Peach wins?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lol, I decline to MM annoying matchups too. I'll never accept MMs against Snakes, Peaches, Sheiks, or D3s, even if I can beat them, b/c they're boring.

Also, remember he used to say D3 ***** Wario until I told him how to play the matchup? Yeah. I'm just saying. The stuff I say is never unfounded. When the Peach matchup "advantage" doesn't rely on "Wario jumping in and taking some hits so that we can wall the rest of the game" THEN I'll give them the slight advantage.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I forget if I posted my opinion on this already or not so Im going to!

Peach's main disadvantage which is her hard time killing, is negated when she plays against wario as she can grab release upsmash him. Peach outprioritizes wario pretty badly as well. In order for the wario to win, he has to play very smart and know about peach's frame traps and not fall for them. He needs to also be able to punish the few of peach's moves that have afterlag and to make full use of the waft.

I think if the peach is skilled at walling, the only way for wario to win is to get a lead, then camp for farts. Peach will have a hard time catching wario as her moves are fairly short ranged and can be seen coming. Then once the peach starts getting spammy/annoyed/careless with moves, wario punishes.

I think if I had played this way against kos-mos in the norman monthly a while back, I definitely could have won as I had the lead at several points in our matches.

It just annoys me that you have to play this way against certain characters in order to be able to beat them with wario. I really dislike running away but if peach is going to be gay and GR upsmash then we will have to countergay them with fart camping.

I think its 55-45 peach

Padô

Smash Lord
It just annoys me that you have to play this way against certain characters in order to be able to beat them with wario. I really dislike running away but if peach is going to be gay and GR upsmash then we will have to countergay them with fart camping.
Oh well... With bassems vote the voting got a tie.

Anyone to untie it?

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
60-40 Peach if the Peach player plays the way she's supposed to (which is REALLY boring and I HATE doing it).

55-45 Peach if the Wario annoys the Peach player enough >_>(QUIT RUNNING FROM ME BASSEM! <3).

Still in Peach's favor though.

Padô

Smash Lord
I might have misunderstood you PX.
I know you are not a big fan of numbers but you disagrees with 60-40? If so, we still got a tie, does anyone else want to untie it?

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
I forget if I posted my opinion on this already or not so Im going to!

Peach's main disadvantage which is her hard time killing, is negated when she plays against wario as she can grab release upsmash him. Peach outprioritizes wario pretty badly as well. In order for the wario to win, he has to play very smart and know about peach's frame traps and not fall for them. He needs to also be able to punish the few of peach's moves that have afterlag and to make full use of the waft.

I think if the peach is skilled at walling, the only way for wario to win is to get a lead, then camp for farts. Peach will have a hard time catching wario as her moves are fairly short ranged and can be seen coming. Then once the peach starts getting spammy/annoyed/careless with moves, wario punishes.

I think if I had played this way against kos-mos in the norman monthly a while back, I definitely could have won as I had the lead at several points in our matches.

I think its 55-45 peach
There is really interesting points here I played a peach that was pretty good and won one match on teams, but I think personally the match would be based on skill The player was SillyKyle, but anyways... I want to leave the voting up to someone else.

Top Bottom