• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Week 3 Matchup: Falco

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If they start spotdodging it's not hard to condition them to stop doing so by biting (facilitating the shieldgrab > cg), and no, they can't kill with fsmash if the Wario is careful and knows what he's doing. It's really not difficult to live up to 200 percent while dealing solid damage as long as you know what they can or can't do.

BMX

Smash Lord
Pretty much, a Falco has little options to kill with. Hitting an Fsmash is easier said than done to the setup that's needed to attack. Careful Warios are wary of that. Spotdodge to jab may work with others, but holding a bite to a dodge-happy Falco spells "Yum-yum". the Wario CG may take some getting used to, but it's not impossible, so it can possibly throw off an expierienced Falco.

I do agree that he does have anti-aerial options on him, but nonetheless, Wario has plenty of options to strike a grounded Falco. Plus, Falco does die a little early near the stage.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Better yet, don't worry about falco, your likely to never face him in a major tourney these days xD

If you ever do, as mentioned above, avoid cg. CG is really nothing to ever really worry about these days. You get grabbed you now pretty much guranteed to be at midpercents 50-60%, 60-70 if the tech chase is successful. Apart from that we still need to get well over 100% to kill wario. I'm not entirely sure on the percents, but with good DI and momentum canceling 150% at most I think with fresh upsmash.

I doubt the match-up is that sizeable in wario's favor of 60-40.

Falco does have problems trying to hit wario out of the aerials, but lasers cripple the air game a bit. With SHDL/SHL your looking at a wario getting hit out of the air a lot. That will put wario on the ground, espically if you get it by both lasers of SHDL, leading to grabs, jabs, SH Dair or ftilt a lot of the time.

Just like Falco cannot do much to wario in the air, wario has problems against falco when grounded, falco just plays better on the ground then wario does. The bike shouldn't be too much of a problem. A giant thing like that means we can time an attack to hit wario out of hit. And if not, just shield. Falco also has a pretty good Glide Toss and can use the wheel to some advantage while blocking any throws wario would use with them.

If I had to give a match-up number I would say 45-55 to someone or maybe just 50-50. 55-45 wario in the end I would say probably because of the CG wario has, but probably wont' amount to much as I was told by Phantom X that it was a difficult CG requiring turning and buffering.
Kismet2 lives by me -_-

S

smash brawl player 99021

What would a good CP be?
My guess... Delfino, Halberd, or BF.
Good or Bad?

Top Bottom