• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Warlocks Domain [MK Banned]

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
Tin thats like the biggest (and most useful post) I've seen in awhile lol for the record, as long as I know about the tournament 18 days in advance, and i havent taken a day off work in awhile, I'm 90% in

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Tin and I were discussing the idea of running just singles in the big room that's normally reserved 8 - 2, I think 7 hours should be enough

Gichan

Smash Champion
Honestly, 22nd is good. Although it is in the same month, it is sooo far apart that it doesn't matter. Tin told me about the idea and it doesn't sound bad at all plus it wouldn't interfere with whatever is happening in November.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Venue is locked down for the 22nd and will open at 3. Get hyped and spread the word. Will be needing setups.

Also Tin I PM'd you my MSN a few days ago

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Venue is locked down for the 22nd and will open at 3. Get hyped and spread the word. Will be needing setups.

Also Tin I PM'd you my MSN a few days ago
This situation effectively maximizes my chances of coming. If I come I'll bring a hacked Wii for recording. I'll try to let you know soon for sure.

Edit: Assuming you're following Unity 2.0, will you be banning MK or not?

Abok

Smash Rookie
I have never been to a tournament before but i have been playing brawl for a long time

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
So is this open to everyone?
Yep anyone who wants to enter is free to and newcomers are welcome! Is this going to be your first tournament?

Edit: You beat me to it, my internet is real slow here lol. Look forward to seeing you there, new faces are always welcome! If you want to play online anytime before then to warm up, feel free to let me know.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
**** YEAH! Should be able to go to this =D

bringing my wii + standard hacks :)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Warchamp, confirm it now please:
Will MK be legal or banned at this tourney? (As of now, either case falls under the Unity Ruleset, so choose 1)

Might go. If I do, I'm coming with a full setup.
Anyone driving there from Toronto? (When I say Toronto, I mean somewhere on the TTC map)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Suggestions for the OP

Mainly for the directions part.

Put the methods of public transportation. I'm referring to Go Bus, Go Train, Via Rail. All of them should have the price listed beside them (assume it's from Toronto since this is the city where tourneys are normally hosted). Also, state how much the local Oakville transit costs.

Finally, once all this info is up, I may or may not confirm (likely confirm). Also, put my name as [YRSF] Tin Man in the OP plz.

xDFAx

Smash Rookie
There's a good chance I'll come to this. I play alot online but I've never been to a tournament before and I'm from Burlington so distance is just great.

I think I'll bring my wii too.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Odds of me coming have increased. And Warchamp, we've gotta hang out soon, I've never actually met you lol. Wanna arrange for Shard, you and I to meet up some time this week?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Oh ****, just read the OP, I guess I mislead you.

I might come. And by full setup, I meant just a Wii. I am DEFINITELY NOT bringing a tv. Just a Wii with Brawl, IF I come.

Sorry for the confusion.

Abok

Smash Rookie
Yep anyone who wants to enter is free to and newcomers are welcome! Is this going to be your first tournament?

Edit: You beat me to it, my internet is real slow here lol. Look forward to seeing you there, new faces are always welcome! If you want to play online anytime before then to warm up, feel free to let me know.
That would be awesome! Im still trying to figure out this smashboard thing, lol I can put my wii code on my profile so maybe we can train or something

Abok

Smash Rookie
Will there be game cube controllers? OR should I bring my own???

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
Will there be game cube controllers? OR should I bring my own???
99% of all tournaments posted on this site are BYOC (bring your own controller) its always good to bring 2 as well incase something happens to one, such as breaks down during a game, which unfortunately does happen :| ... if I were better friends with people, I'd give you a few examples lol.

But yea man, new players are welcomed into the community so come. Not to mention when you meet these new great people, you will learn SO MUCH!!!!! to help improve your game. Looking at some threads on this site and watchign videos is also really helpful :D

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
That would be awesome! Im still trying to figure out this smashboard thing, lol I can put my wii code on my profile so maybe we can train or something
Yup just put your Brawl friend code in your profile then PM me and we can set up a time to play. If you find me in the venue we can even warm up right before the tourney if you like. Snow Shard's right, looking around the forums is a great idea to learn about your character. If you do indeed main Link as your profile says, take a look

:link2: Here (Link Character Discussion)

and

:star: Here (Best Vids of Each Character)

And again Shard is right, we love to have new people on the scene, so don't be afraid to ask questions if you need help!

99% of all tournaments posted on this site are BYOC (bring your own controller) its always good to bring 2 as well incase something happens to one, such as breaks down during a game, which unfortunately does happen :| ... if I were better friends with people, I'd give you a few examples lol.

But yea man, new players are welcomed into the community so come. Not to mention when you meet these new great people, you will learn SO MUCH!!!!! to help improve your game. Looking at some threads on this site and watchign videos is also really helpful :D
Could you possibly be referring to... This?

Disclaimer: This is not what usually goes down at our tourneys. This was a rare occurance and the guy raging is legit a real nice guy, so if you're new here, don't think this is the standard behaviour lol.

Oh and btw now fairly certain I'm coming to this, barring some sort of natural disaster or the like.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Odds of me coming have increased. And Warchamp, we've gotta hang out soon, I've never actually met you lol. Wanna arrange for Shard, you and I to meet up some time this week?
I'm gone as soon as my classes end Thursday for the weekend and I have class till 10 tomorrow night (Today). Will have to be sometime next week.

Oh ****, just read the OP, I guess I mislead you.

I might come. And by full setup, I meant just a Wii. I am DEFINITELY NOT bringing a tv. Just a Wii with Brawl, IF I come.

Sorry for the confusion.
No worries man, fixed it up

I'll most likely be there. Post this in all the threads, btw - GTA General, Southern ON PR, etc. Also, AiB.
I've got a tourney post on AiB, I'll work on posting around the threads.

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
Yes Red X, I was refering to that... and I agree with you, I've played the guy who raged serveral times, hes a great player and a great guy. I played alotta friendlies with him at Oakville Uproar, and yea even after this video I'd still say hes a great guy. I must say that video's got alotta views :D

Top Bottom