• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Warning: The Dojo gives updates that are already given, not unlockables & secrets

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
the difference between the two ordeals is that one is clear. there is NO connection.
Ok, then which one is clear?

A lot of people think it is very obvious that Ness is no longer playable.
A lot of people think it is very obvious that Wario is they only one with an ALT.

So, you tell me which is more clear... neither one of these cases are 100% factual in either way.

(On a side note, I don't know why I am argueing this point... I don't really care if other ALT costumes are in, I am just saying it's possible we are all reading the Dojo the wrong way.)

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
So, you tell me which is more clear... neither one of these cases are 100% factual in either way.
"Wario", "alone", "special" sounds pretty clear to me. you can even point out the fact that he mentions everyone having alt colors before he even states the phrase.

how somebody could take that any other way is beyond me. they're most likely in denial.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
"Wario", "alone", "special" sounds pretty clear to me. you can even point out the fact that he mentions everyone having alt colors before he even states the phrase.

how somebody could take that any other way is beyond me. they're most likely in denial.

Like I said before, I am not arguring that what Sakurai said is wrong, I am just saying that it would be nice if what he said wasn't true.

There's no denying that 'Wario alone' doesn't mean 'Only Wario' , but I am just saying Sakurai potentially made a mistake when he made the desicion of only one ALT costume, with all of the other possibilities to make the game more fun.

Oh well, sorry for the arguement, I assure you I didn't mean for it to happen. :ohwell:

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Just another small argument against there being alternate costumes (though if "Wario alone is special" isn't enough for you, I don't know what will help): Zelda's Ocarina of Time outfit (probably her most recognized look, if only by Melee) was made as a simple recolour, rather than an alternate costume.

Blacktastic

Smash Cadet
Stuttering strikes again!

But in all seriousness, a costume is a costume, big deal. I'm more interested in the intricacies of the game. (I spell that right? o.O)

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
It could be interpreted that Wario is the only person who gets two costumes. That doesn't rule out alternate CHARACTERS as costume options.

Let me put it this way: let's pretend that Ike has a Roy costume. Now, would it say that Ike was special? Of course not, he's not got an alternate costume, Roy just has a costume. It's a whole different person. It just functions as a costume.

As such, can it still be said that Wario's special? Of course. He's still the only character that has 2 costumes. Ike has 1, Roy has 1. It's actually very simple.

Blacktastic

Smash Cadet
To be completely honest, if that were to EVER be in over some other feature in the game, I would be ticked. -_-.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
I prefer alt costumes/characters over a lot of other things.

Alternate colors, (to me) are VERY awesome. If there was only at least 4 costumes again, I would be sad. At least there is 6 for everyone. 12 for Wario! (WOW) :p

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I made a thread involving alternate costumes that made characters look like someone else this morning so check it out. (Actually I made it months ago, but I'm starting to post my ideas on here now.)

Top Bottom