• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Warp Star glitch?

BlackFox

Smash Rookie
One time, a LONG time ago I was playing melee with my cousin. We were both high in damage and on our last stock. My cousin got a warp star and was going to use it against me. I figured I wouldn't outrun it (I don't know why though), so I just decided to see how late I could put up my shield. To my surprise, when I did, it was almost right beore he hit me and somehow he died and I ended up winning. Is it possible that this is due to perfect shielding or is this just a glitch?

BlackFox

Smash Rookie
What do you mean by show you an example. I don't have a vid of it, nor would I be likely to find one. I don't have melee anymore and if I did, I doubt I could do it again.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
@MG you powershielded and it was so sexy that he died off the top of the stage.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Could have been a random bomb spawning into his path.

I've seen stuff that like a good few times before.

Interesting fact: Zelda can also catch people out of warp stars with her neutral b if you time it well.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Regardless of whether or not this is what happened, I am curious to know if it's possible to powershield a warp star...

Top Bottom