• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was Pichu even necessary?

pickle962

Smash Lord
Seriously. Was it even a good idea to make pichu a playable character. He's the WORST CHARACTER IN THE GAME . That stupid piece of crap damages itself ALL THE TIME for starters. Secondly, It's a horribly made attempt at copying Pikachu who's a heck of a lot better than him. Speaking of which. Pichu's such a terrible character that ANYONE COULD SMASH THAT UGLY THING'S YELLOW HIDE, EVEN KIRBY AND G&WThe only thing pichu's good for is a punching bag that the other characters can use. BTW, Did you know that the sandbag is RELATED to Pichu? I think Nintendo was high on weed when they added pichu to the roster. Anyway, post what you think about pichu.

Stev

Smash Ace
How can you get that upset about pichu if you never have to deal with him ever? Did your sheik lose to a pichu player or something? I mean seriously, just don't select him... ever.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
pichu is important so that when pros get bored of wrecking you in friendlies they can use him to level things out a little.

Rappster

Smash Ace
where the **** is icg?

but seriously, the very fact that a joke character can be compared with kirby makes kirby the worst character in the game

Zodiac

Smash Master
ICG is gonna destroy you for this thread, but of course he was necessary, he's a pokemon

Eggm

Smash Hero
I actually think kirby is better than pichu. Pichu is pretty worthless. Only character worse is probably ness. possibly roy, but i'm debating that.

AXE 09

Smash Master
ICG??? Hello?????? Where you at? Lol

Honestly... I kinda think kirby's better than Pichu.

Kirby at least has some priority and disjointed moves (utilt, bair).

Pichu just sux >.<

He's very cute though :)

Pikachu's the best character in the game

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
insane carzy guy has gone from one of the weirdest and most ridiculed members to one of the most beloved and carziest

Smash Ace
I don't mind having stupidly bad characters. It's a decent handicap system.

But no, he sure as hell is not necessary.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Pichu > Kirby

But yeah, they probably WERE high. Just like when they thought replacing Mewtwo in the sequel for Lucario was a great idea.
It's the whole concept of promotion (which was especially present in the sequel). Promotion = money. And having a cute character in makes for good publicity. At least, that's how I think corporations like Nintendo work. Still works for Pikachu, no?
At least Pichu didn't replace anyone... so I'm chill with the preevo rodent.

In any case, while Pichu's not the best character, I still respect Sakurai's decision for making Pichu hurt itself. I'm a fan of accuracy, and according to the Pokedex, Pichu HURTS itself when it discharges large doses of electricity (and somewhat stunned when used in smaller quantities). So, he was merely keeping in accordance with GAME FREAK's 'dex. This is PokeFact. If you don't like it, blame GAME FREAK for planting the seed.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
kirby > pichu

kirby has decent range and grab combos on every character, as well as a suicide equalizer that can be compared to rest (rest you kill them but likely will die when they respawn, kirbykaze you just both die immediately).

Kirby is basically a low tier puff, and if we listen to m2k about how broken puff is, i'm sure we will all see kirbys winning national tournaments soon.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure pichu was intended as a joke character (such as Dan from street fighter as someone mentioned) so that really good pichu players (like ICG or KDJ) could pick him and still do well and have more of a humiliation factor because they were using a joke character.

Also, ICG is the one person I've ever known to be epic enough to troll a thread without even posting in it. Kudos.

Top Bottom