• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Washington Smashers?

adoboy

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I am new to the forum and recently saw that there was a tourney up in Seattle. I didn't find out about this until after it happened so I don't know how the turn out was. Anyways it sort of brought to my attention that there is a pretty good smash community in the Washington area. To cut to the chase, my friends and I would like to meet more people to play and we would like to know if anyone would be interested in coming to a SSB (and possibly some SSBM or SSBB?) tourney. I would be hosting and we have several TVs as well as consoles and copies of the game. If enough people are interested then a tourney would be a good event to hold, if not then maybe atleast a couple people can come out just to smash for fun.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I am new to the forum and recently saw that there was a tourney up in Seattle. I didn't find out about this until after it happened so I don't know how the turn out was. Anyways it sort of brought to my attention that there is a pretty good smash community in the Washington area. To cut to the chase, my friends and I would like to meet more people to play and we would like to know if anyone would be interested in coming to a SSB (and possibly some SSBM or SSBB?) tourney. I would be hosting and we have several TVs as well as consoles and copies of the game. If enough people are interested then a tourney would be a good event to hold, if not then maybe atleast a couple people can come out just to smash for fun.
I know of alot of guys that would love to do another tourney. Yeah there was one here and I was the one that hosted it. I had alot of fun doing the hosting and the turn out was good even doh only a few did not show. Anyway if you wish to play us or others maybe we can set up something. Or if you wish to do a Tourney for 64 then just let me know when and where and Ill get everyone I know in.

adoboy

Smash Rookie
Hey man that would be great! How many people do you think you could bring? I just need a rough idea to see if I need to get systems and TVs from friends of mine. Also need to figure out a place, anything up to 25 I could probably host at my house, which would be ideal so there wouldn't be any venue fees or anything like that. Do you think you could help me out with what to do and things like that? I read the post in the Tourney Sections able Tournament Organizing but having someone with real experience with it would help out a lot.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Hey man that would be great! How many people do you think you could bring? I just need a rough idea to see if I need to get systems and TVs from friends of mine. Also need to figure out a place, anything up to 25 I could probably host at my house, which would be ideal so there wouldn't be any venue fees or anything like that. Do you think you could help me out with what to do and things like that? I read the post in the Tourney Sections able Tournament Organizing but having someone with real experience with it would help out a lot.
Yeah if you wanna get this up and running Frist thing we will need is a Date of when it will be and a time of when you want ppl to show up as will as other things. I maybe able to bring tvs and 64s if need be. Also its best to host this on weekends as more players are able to come then. As for who I can or can not bring really lies on when the date is, but I know I have 10+ who would like to go for sure but we would have to see if they would be free on the date this is happening. So thing is I would like to know when you wanna host this and stuff. And yeah I could help you run this Tournament as long thats its 64 only. Has I really dont know anything about the other Two games. As for 64 I have everyhing that you would need to run a good Tournament. Like a good Bracket maker and stuff like recording software.

adoboy

Smash Rookie
I was thinking of trying to have it this weekend, like Saturday, but if it is too short notice I could move it to next weekend no problem. Oh man I completely forgot about recording matches, I don't really know how people go about doing that apart from recording them using a VCR. Also I was thinking of having the actual tourney start around 1-2 and end around 5-6 so people could leave for dinner, but if people wanted to do friendlies/money matches then they could stay until whenever and every staying would just like pitch in for a pizza or something like that. How do you think that sounds?

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
I was thinking of trying to have it this weekend, like Saturday, but if it is too short notice I could move it to next weekend no problem. Oh man I completely forgot about recording matches, I don't really know how people go about doing that apart from recording them using a VCR. Also I was thinking of having the actual tourney start around 1-2 and end around 5-6 so people could leave for dinner, but if people wanted to do friendlies/money matches then they could stay until whenever and every staying would just like pitch in for a pizza or something like that. How do you think that sounds?
Ok what is the address of where you want to do this and would you like this to be posted with rules cause the rules I have would work and you could do a pizza cut. Amyway you could give me a call on my cell I think it would be much faster to set this up then with the messageing. Anyway I will start calling my firends to see if they would be free this weekend or next.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Let me know if there is a tournament in the Seattle area. I might be able to go as well. I live in Victoria, Canada, so it isn't too far away. Who knows... maybe I'll be able to convince some Victoria 64 members to come :)

Edit: I can only come on Sundays, as I'm working on Saturdays. Either way, the next few weeks don't work well for me :p

Top Bottom