• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WASPING: Autocancelled Fair/Bair as a form of wavedashing. *Demo video is up*

Metatitan

Smash Master
You aren't going to convince ANYONE by playing vs a cpu, just give it up already. It's great that you put in the time and energy into this, it really is. It's people like you who discover new things to help peach's metagame but you HAVE to let some things go.

In brawl for every like 20 new things tested out, mabey one or two might have a situational use.

JagaTranvo

Smash Rookie
I guess its not a bad thing to learn,actually it could help your ground game considerably.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I'm sorry to keep bumping this but guys at the very least, this is an awesome tool to space and approach with. It's like a dash -> jab either forward or backwards. It's great.

Gea

Smash Master
I tried to use this ever since I saw the Japanese Peach trying to use this (well, sans aerial) to dash dance and what I found has basically already been stated over and over.

1. The main issue is that it is a BIG commitment of frames for the result. Maybe if Peach had better reach on her moves.
2. Best use is to get out of a dash anyways (floating then canceling it, applying this to get momentum if so desired)
3. Doing it without the aerial forwards into jabs is probably the best application I found.
4. If you want to use fsmash more, learn how to true pivot fsmash. its easy and 100X more useful.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I tried to use this ever since I saw the Japanese Peach trying to use this (well, sans aerial) to dash dance and what I found has basically already been stated over and over.

1. The main issue is that it is a BIG commitment of frames for the result. Maybe if Peach had better reach on her moves.
2. Best use is to get out of a dash anyways (floating then canceling it, applying this to get momentum if so desired)
3. Doing it without the aerial forwards into jabs is probably the best application I found.
4. If you want to use fsmash more, learn how to true pivot fsmash. its easy and 100X more useful.

1. I don't get where the big commitment of frames comes from. It's faster than floating away and I think the commitment is well worth the results. Have you seen some of the "bwasp punishment" videos floating around?

3. Yea I reupdated the front page. That's the best method for going forwards, but backwards it's best to use bair with the wasp input.

4. Yes this is AMAZING with a jab. And it's fast, so I don't get how frames are an issue.

Honestly this has the exact same application as it did with wavedashing for Peach in brawl. That wasn't used too much either, but when it was used it was useful. And by those I mean:

Mindgames with turnips, dsmash punishment, fsmash punishment, quickly respacing while facing the same direciton. It's all win i beeve

Top Bottom