• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waste Of My Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice

Captain Olimar says you suck, and "Lol" he's in the game and you can't do anything about it.
He's so bad that when my Ganondorf gets revealed, i WILL target him specifically and destroy his little grass dolls that follow him. I'll destroy him so hard that nintendo will have an overloaded circuit somewhere back at home and he'll die internationally, forever and from every brawl console game connected to the internet.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Clearly, you and many others are not understanding why he and I(the thread starter) are distressed over his presence. It shows a lack of seriousness in nintendo's programming and marketing departments. It almost seems more like a sell out technique then anything. For example, was there any valid reason for a crap character like G&W in melee? No! Even the reasons stated for his return were pathetic and shouldn't justify a characters presence into a game. It goes the same with olimar. HE IS CRAP! I don't even need to see his special moves to know that he will be low tier. Mark my words, and that's sad, considering i really didn't want tier brackets in the next one, but oh well, i guess.
Read the sig Juggernaut humper.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Right, except Unique =\= opportune or ideal. Being a unique fighter doesn't give him a right to be in the game. That's the most unreal statement in his defense i've heard so far.
WHAT? U rather have a some character whose absolutely predictable than something completely new and unique? GTFO

Whats ur statement? hes too gay and shouldnt be in brawl? HOLY **** THATS IMPRESSIVE!!

****ty characters? WHY THE **** IS THAT?! Because he looks unimpresisve and not cool enough for ur standards?

FACT: Contender for the most unique fighter in smahs history
FACT: hes from a new, entertaining and fun series that PROVES u dont need blood, bullets, death and overall violence for a great game
FACT: One of the most reuested characters, I believe hes was on the top five, thus showing his huge popularity
FACT: Proves that characters that are new to nintendo can still get in...

this character is great, and im not even a FAN of olimar, he was like on the bottom of my most wanted character list, but I accept the FACT hes an interesting character...

Give me a GOOD non bias and immature arguement AGAINST olimar WITHOUT saying ****ty and gay, I bet u cant...

He's so bad that when my Ganondorf gets revealed, i WILL target him specifically and destroy his little grass dolls that follow him. I'll destroy him so hard that nintendo will have an overloaded circuit somewhere back at home and he'll die internationally, forever and from every brawl console game connected to the internet.
Yes cause thos roles on the back of ganondorfs head are so evil like...
WOW this may be THE most immature guy on the boards...BRAWL CONSOLE? LMAO

Lord DMHowe

Smash Rookie
Clearly, you and many others are not understanding why he and I(the thread starter) are distressed over his presence. It shows a lack of seriousness in nintendo's programming and marketing departments. It almost seems more like a sell out technique then anything. For example, was there any valid reason for a crap character like G&W in melee? No! Even the reasons stated for his return were pathetic and shouldn't justify a characters presence into a game. It goes the same with olimar. HE IS CRAP! I don't even need to see his special moves to know that he will be low tier. Mark my words, and that's sad, considering i really didn't want tier brackets in the next one, but oh well, i guess.
Classy. You want overpowered characters across the board that have amazing moves and aren't innovative?

Is that why you want juggernaut?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I sincerely hope all the Olimar haters get a thorough beating at the hands of an Olimar player online.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
Classy. You want overpowered characters across the board that have amazing moves and aren't innovative?

Is that why you want juggernaut?
My sig is a joke. If juggernaut got put into the game....i'd actually call that a sell out technique. He probably could be worked into the mechanics but why would nintendo pick him at all? I just love jug's from marvel vs. capcom 2.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
LMAO. Shows a lack of seriousness in marketing?
Who's the target audience for this, OAP's?
IT'S A KIDS GAME.
FYI, G&W wasn't crap.
And don't even consider tiers yet..

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Lay off the hateraide for a moment, dude. G&W was a bottom tier character, but he was also alot of fun to play as. Just because you don't like him doesn't make him a pointless character.

Lots of people enjoy crazy and unique characters. I, for one, will have a ton of fun playing as Olimar - even if he doesn't turn out to be the best character in the game.

So lighten up. It's not always about you.

Stryks

Smash Hero
My sig is a joke. If juggernaut got put into the game....i'd actually call that a sell out technique. He probably could be worked into the mechanics but why would nintendo pick him at all? I just love jug's from marvel vs. capcom 2.
Thank you for helping me prove u just want cool looking characters, thanx

Right, except Unique =\= opportune or ideal. Being a unique fighter doesn't give him a right to be in the game. That's the most unreal statement in his defense i've heard so far.
WHAT? U rather have a some character whose absolutely predictable than something completely new and unique? GTFO

Whats ur statement? hes too gay and shouldnt be in brawl? HOLY **** THATS IMPRESSIVE!!

****ty characters? WHY THE **** IS THAT?! Because he looks unimpresisve and not cool enough for ur standards?

FACT: Contender for the most unique fighter in smahs history
FACT: hes from a new, entertaining and fun series that PROVES u dont need blood, bullets, death and overall violence for a great game
FACT: One of the most reuested characters, I believe hes was on the top five, thus showing his huge popularity
FACT: Proves that characters that are new to nintendo can still get in...

this character is great, and im not even a FAN of olimar, he was like on the bottom of my most wanted character list, but I accept the FACT hes an interesting character...

Give me a GOOD non bias and immature arguement AGAINST olimar WITHOUT saying ****ty and gay, I bet u cant...

Yes cause thos roles on the back of ganondorfs head are so evil like...
WOW this may be THE most immature guy on the boards...BRAWL CONSOLE? LMAO

in case u missed it

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Olimar is immense. That's all there is to be said about the matter. All the haters cannot detract from Olimar's amazing immenseness.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
LMAO. Shows a lack of seriousness in marketing?
Who's the target audience for this, OAP's?
IT'S A KIDS GAME.
FYI, G&W wasn't crap.
And don't even consider tiers yet..
Except Sakurai said the game was aimed at older teenagers, suggesting he probably enjoys watching the hardcore players seriously duking it out against each other in match that truly testifies their skills against each other. I agree completely with that vision and i don't believe characters like olimar are glorifying it at all. I can see him shaking his head right now saying to himself "i wish i had more imput on character additions"

FYI G&W was crap. You will never find a tournament contender using game and watch and moreso, if you play a pro, you will lose, guaranteed.

As if tiers weren't somewhat exposed already. I main Ganondorf, but i second samus. I hate samus's final smash because she then transforms into a shiek clone. Worse then that (or better, depending how you take it) Zero suit samus has some really cheap cheap cheap moves that will be abused by me. Tiers may be the impossible-to-avoid-outcome without every fighting game. Example: Sentinel vs. That little lego guy in marvel vs. capcom 2.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, most of you are trying to target me specifically as a person and invalidate my reasons for why he SHOULDN'T be in brawl. As pathetic as that is, why don't we take this table and turn it around let me ask you why he SHOULD be in it. If the word "unique" comes up, i will instantly discredit the said used examples.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Except Sakurai said the game was aimed at older teenagers, suggesting he probably enjoys watching the hardcore players seriously duking it out against each other in match that truly testifies their skills against each other. I agree completely with that vision and i don't believe characters like olimar are glorifying it at all. I can see him shaking his head right now saying to himself "i wish i had more imput on character additions"

FYI G&W was crap. You will never find a tournament contender using game and watch and moreso, if you play a pro, you will lose, guaranteed.

As if tiers weren't somewhat exposed already. I main Ganondorf, but i second samus. I hate samus's final smash because she then transforms into a shiek clone. Worse then that (or better, depending how you take it) Zero suit samus has some really cheap cheap cheap moves that will be abused by me. Tiers may be the impossible-to-avoid-outcome without every fighting game. Example: Sentinel vs. That little lego guy in marvel vs. capcom 2.
If you're playing in a serious tournament, yes, you will lose with G&W. Good for casual playing though. And no character was all bad. The reasons characters were lower tier was because they had flaws which were easy to expose. A good player would learn to use the character well, while minimizing the risk of getting owned.

On topic, Olimar doesn't suck. You haven't seen his move-set yet.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

Smash Bros is a game for all ages, for hardcore tourney players and for casual players alike. And since the overwhelming responce to Olimar's confirmation has been positive, I'd say that you are in the minority on this issue.

SonicSSJX the Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
Olimar was a nice addition into Brawl. He's not a waste of time and he's a great character. And I haven't even played a Pikmin game, but he was still on my most wanted list for Brawl.

Stryks

Smash Hero
WHAT?! WHEN has sakurai said THAT, if u find me that article whatever ill personally become emo, seriously, the fact that theres no wavedash, the fact u can now grab the ledge when ur looking at the oposite direction, and so on PROVES he made smash more friendly than hardcore...

How is he not glorifiying, hes SHOWING new series can get in, hes popular, the most unique fighter so far, and overall deserves it, if u dont like him cause he looks lame, so be it, but Ill be ****ed if I let u just state that as a fact...

TIRES DON EXITS

Yes we all know that shiek has a gun and a long whip that used in like 70% of her moveset, seriousl played melee much??
seriously u clearly sure more and more immaturity by every post, 3 post more and Ill think ur still in ur mamas belly...

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Hmm, most of you are trying to target me specifically as a person and invalidate my reasons for why he SHOULDN'T be in brawl. As pathetic as that is, why don't we take this table and turn it around let me ask you why he SHOULD be in it. If the word "unique" comes up, i will instantly discredit the said used examples.
He's 3rd on Sakurai's Poll.

He's First Party.

He's better than you.

And he's just awesome.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
ZZS = Sheik clone? What?

Edit: because he is an awesome character who controls an army.
Well, graphically she looked a lot like sheik clone. Understandably, she floats like mewtwo and has some unheard of cheap moves, still, that was just me ranting on the only final smash that forces me to turn into someone else and makes me drop the samus i was playing with...gay.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Because Pikmin is a fantastic Nintendo series that deserves representation. Because Olimar and the Pikmin are much loved Nintendo icons. Because he will be incredibly fun to play as.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Olimar is immense.

That is all.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
WHAT?! WHEN has sakurai said THAT, if u find me that article whatever ill personally become emo, seriously, the fact that theres no wavedash, the fact u can now grab the ledge when ur looking at the oposite direction, and so on PROVES he made smash more friendly than hardcore...

How is he not glorifiying, hes SHOWING new series can get in, hes popular, the most unique fighter so far, and overall deserves it, if u dont like him cause he looks lame, so be it, but Ill be ****ed if I let u just state that as a fact...

TIRES DON EXITS

Yes we all know that shiek has a gun and a long whip that used in like 70% of her moveset, seriousl played melee much??
seriously u clearly sure more and more immaturity by every post, 3 post more and Ill think ur still in ur mamas belly...
You're something else kid. Seriously. You think the little kid fan base is going to carry this game? More so, if he's just trying to sell this game PRIMARILY to younger kids, that's a sellout maneuver. You think non-serious, non-tournament players were his ideal market? Are you being serious? What point would Sakurai of had behind his "it'll be bigger and better then melee by far" statement if it was a total lie?

I do, indeed, play melee like it's a religion. Melee is the best fighting game to date and SHOULD be topped by this next one. The bar is set so high that it's not even funny.

Judging that you're trying to guess my age, i'm assuming you're claiming a higher status then me bases on you having a larger post count, which proves you have no life and breathe these smash boards like they're life support.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
You're something else kid. Seriously. You think the little kid fan base is going to carry this game? More so, if he's just trying to sell this game PRIMARILY to younger kids, that's a sellout maneuver. You think non-serious, non-tournament players were his ideal market? Are you being serious? What point would Sakurai of had behind his "it'll be bigger and better then melee by far" statement if it was a total lie?

I do, indeed, play melee like it's a religion. Melee is the best fighting game to date and SHOULD be topped by this next one. The bar is set so high that it's not even funny.

Judging that you're trying to guess my age, i'm assuming you're claiming a higher status then me bases on you having a larger post count, which proves you have no life and breathe these smash boards like they're life support.
For the record Pikmin is not a kid's game, Gt5. It's a deep, brilliant series that appeals to all ages - much like Smash Bros. So why is Olimar so out of place?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I think Pokemon Trainer and Olimar are equal in creativity, in that both characters seem to rely on their allies to fight, and exactly HOW they fight seems to be rather interesting.

Besides, if you don't like the character, then don't get Brawl.:mad:

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
Because Pikmin is a fantastic Nintendo series that deserves representation. Because Olimar and the Pikmin are much loved Nintendo icons. Because he will be incredibly fun to play as.
Debatable, debatable, and debatable. None of those comments are provable. Just cause he IS a nintendo icon doesn't make him fantastic. You can't prove millions of people actually love him. His gameplay style has yet to be revealed.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Of course non-serious, non-tournament players are his main market. You'd be an idiot not to think so.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
I think Pokemon Trainer and Olimar are equal in creativity, in that both characters seem to rely on their allies to fight, and exactly HOW they fight seems to be rather interesting.

Besides, if you don't like the character, then don't get Brawl.:mad:
LoL, you pointed out the other character i hate fervently. You're last statement is similar to the statement "if you don't like the country then move out" Right, cause ignoring the problems will make them just go away...wrong, they need to be addressed.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Man, I just love that I'll be able to pummel morons with anthropomorphic flower turnip radish things.

Anyone get the idea that the haters are in their teens and are trying too hard to be cool?

Play GTA and Halo and drink some Mountain Dew, and leave smash to the people who enjoy Nintendo for who they are, a creative and hopelessly bizarre Japanese video game developer.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
Of course non-serious, non-tournament players are his main market. You'd be an idiot not to think so.
So, are you suggesting sell outs are his main goal? Kids that play the game once, and put down the controller forever, or play it once and then through in another game? What basis do you have for your claim? From a developers standpoint, i'd like my game to be enjoyed for years after it's release, not for a year and it's been replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom