• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waste Of My Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
You're something else kid. Seriously. You think the little kid fan base is going to carry this game? More so, if he's just trying to sell this game PRIMARILY to younger kids, that's a sellout maneuver. You think non-serious, non-tournament players were his ideal market? Are you being serious? What point would Sakurai of had behind his "it'll be bigger and better then melee by far" statement if it was a total lie?

I do, indeed, play melee like it's a religion. Melee is the best fighting game to date and SHOULD be topped by this next one. The bar is set so high that it's not even funny.

Judging that you're trying to guess my age, i'm assuming you're claiming a higher status then me bases on you having a larger post count, which proves you have no life and breathe these smash boards like they're life support.
Im triying to guess ur age because ur statesments are immature, and no just because I have a larger post count doesnt = better, ive been here longer, and I just happen to cross around with someone like u every week, instead of flaming ive decided to use facts:

Just because sakurai said he wants to make the game better means he automatically wants to make this game more for the hardcore, every goal of a videogame designer is to top his biggest project, so ur saying if he says he was gonna make it suck more means its gonna be an E for everyone title? wtf?

also kid? Im 18 >.>...

little kids arent the only ones playing pikmin, he was ON NUMBER 3RD ON THE MOST WANTED CHARACTER LIST IN SAKURAIS OWN FREAKIN POLL, if that doesnt prove hes popular I dont know what does...

The target of nintendo for quite a whie is: EVERYONE, the casual and hardcore
last time I check EVERYONE includes these last two, hes making the game more balanced for us, but making it easier to play for everyone, why did u think they implemented the 4 controllers scheme? the grab the ledge when ur looking the wrong way, and all of that, because sakurai wants to make the game easier,while keeping the stuff that makes the hardcorelove this game...

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
Of course non-serious, non-tournament players are his main market. You'd be an idiot not to think so.
So, are you suggesting sell outs are his main goal? Kids that play the game once, and put down the controller forever, or play it once and then throw in another game? What basis do you have for your claim? From a developers standpoint, i'd like my game to be enjoyed for years after it's release, not for a year and it's been replaced.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Debatable, debatable, and debatable. None of those comments are provable. Just cause he IS a nintendo icon doesn't make him fantastic. You can't prove millions of people actually love him. His gameplay style has yet to be revealed.
Both Pikmin games recieved excellent review scores and sold in the millions. Plus, I can attest that they are awesome. That's all the evidence anyone can muster to prove that a any Nintendo series is fantastic (if you disagree, I'd challenge you prove the same about Smash Bros.)

Olimar ranks among the top requested newcomers on Sakurai's poll and is on the majority of wish lists in Smashboards' Brawl Character discussion section. And the fan reaction to Olimar's confirmation (not just here, but every online forum I've seen) has been overwhelmingly positive. That proves that they are much loved Nitnendo icons (I never said millions, though it's true.)

We know the basics of his gameplay style: he summons little minions to aide him in battle. That's enough for me to predict that I will have alot of fun playing as him.

Therefore, Olimar should be in Brawl. Which is why he is.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
You know what, you're right. Olimar ruined this game. So don't buy it. Never ever ever play it because Olimar's greenthumb is just too much to handle. The game is overflowed with stupidity now, you brilliant brilliant man.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
LoL, you pointed out the other character i hate fervently. You're last statement is similar to the statement "if you don't like the country then move out" Right, cause ignoring the problems will make them just go away...wrong, they need to be addressed.
Okay, so maybe I was a bit extreme with that last statement, but really, stop *****ing about characters you don't like, people, you don't necessarily HAVE to play as them.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
So, are you suggesting sell outs are his main goal? Kids that play the game once, and put down the controller forever, or play it once and then through in another game? What basis do you have for your claim? From a developers standpoint, i'd like my game to be enjoyed for years after it's release, not for a year and it's been replaced.
I would love my game to get great reviews, and then I wouldn't care who buys the game. They could break it as soon as they get it for all I care, as I'm only in it because I'm making money. Why would I want to concentrate on selling it to the minority? When I can add a lot of fun and wacky things to sell it to the masses, whilst keeping that minority happy at the same time.

You see, that's where Sakurai prevails, and you fail.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Both Pikmin games recieved excellent review scores and sold in the millions. Plus, I can attest that they are awesome. That's all the evidence anyone can muster to prove that a any Nintendo series is fantastic (if you disagree, I'd challenge you prove the same about Smash Bros.)

Olimar ranks among the top requested newcomers on Sakurai's poll and is on the majority of wish lists in Smashboards' Brawl Character discussion section. And the fan reaction to Olimar's confirmation (not just here, but every online forum I've seen) has been overwhelmingly positive. That proves that they are much loved Nitnendo icons (I never said millions, though it's true.)

We know the basics of his gameplay style: he summons little minions to aide him in battle. That's enough for me to predict that I will have alot of fun playing as him.

Therefore, Olimar should be in Brawl. Which is why he is.
Yay another Canadian.
You win this topic.

Gannondorf, can I ask you what unconfirmed character you support?
If you do support an unconfirmed character, then this is totally opinion based.
Therefore biased, and you fail.

Stryks

Smash Hero
LoL, you pointed out the other character i hate fervently. You're last statement is similar to the statement "if you don't like the country then move out" Right, cause ignoring the problems will make them just go away...wrong, they need to be addressed.
Hahaha u actually think ur opinon matters against the million that voted on that poll, and NOW that brawl has gone gold?! UBER ROFL!

errtu

Smash Apprentice
i don´t agree with you,l i think he fits perfectly in the game and he is a unique character not another sword wielding one. i like seeing some variety in smash bros man. you r wrong

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
GT5 IS SO AWESOME! I WISH I COULD BE LIKE HIM. I GUESS ALL I GOTTA DO IS SHUN ANYTHING THAT DOESN'T HAVE HUGE SWEATY MUSCLES OR A SWORD! NOPE, FROM NOW ON IF I SEE ANYTHING CARTOONY I WILL IMMEDIATELY LABEL IT AS GAY BECAUSE I AM SO COOL.
THE CRUISE CONTROL TELLS ME SO

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Oh please Olimar is the most special of all chars in brawl. If u don't like the char, just don't play as him!
PKMN Trainer is pretty Special.

And Pit brought forth a whole new wave of possiblities.

__

To say any non clone character is crap. is crap.

Luigi dosent count because he isnt a clone. hes LUIGIFIED!

Olimar will be cool. but he probably wont be my main. Maybe one of those characters I use in 4v4. using an overpowered/cheap attack to randomly kill people. (Like Pichu's B>. I used pichu, just because its hillarious when you get killed by him)

errtu

Smash Apprentice
Next thing you know, the next character revealed will be rick astley. He's "unique". Screw that agruement, i'm done.
why don't you go and play marvel vs capcom and play with the cool characters (according to you of course) you look like you like juggernaut. he's a good addition to the brawl roster.

stfu??? F*** u man

AlreadyAway

Smash Rookie
there are a couple of ways to look at this. First and foremost no one has played as this character yet so no one knows if he is good or not. Second even if he is a terrible character then it will end up being the character that no one plays like mewtwo. Finally there are much better things to complain about then one possible bad character, like how they keep announcing music and items... like anyone cares

Smash Ace
This character is dumb...end of story. They might as well have inserted Pichu back in the game....

Pokemon Trainer-New and creative idea
Meta Knight-He'll be sick
King Dede-Another heavyweight to balance the game out more...makes sense.
Sonic-New speedster to own fox!
Pikmin-ummm, WTF? That is what i have been waiting to see?

Does anyone else agree that he is the biggest waste of time? Hes such a stupid character.

not the first character I would have chosen, but the only way to know a charcter is dumb is to play the game and see if they suck (ie: magikarp sucks in pokemon).
The only way to prove they are dumb in Smash Bros. is to play them, and I know dang well no one's done that (E4all doesn't count, especially because Olimar wasn't AT E4all)

Olimar actually reminded me of an Ice Climbers/Pokemon Trainer hybrid. There's moe than 1 character on the screen, and the main one does not fight directly.

just a thought.

Olimar sounds like an innovative character. just like I want to put 2 Warios using >B on Bridge of Eldin, I want to find/make a really tiny stage and have 4 Olimars going at it now.
=2007=

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Personally I thought the Pikmin Games were weird but.....

PIKIM AND OLIMAR ARE SWEET I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!
and to those who are saying he doesn't fight directly I'm not sure that is the case. In one shot it looks like He is swinging a Pikim like a Sword! So he does fight!!!

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Seems like alot of haters for pikmin and olimar in these forums from mostly kids, noobs, trolls, and scrubs that know nothing about smash brothers...
Really tho, anyone that has been following the updates forever should be glad we get more characters peirod. I don't know why people think that if one character is in another character can't be. "OhHh NOEzZ OliMaR an thOs PikmAnz goT N bE4 mY cHaRz I WantEdz N;!!1 GAY!!11! LAME!!!!11!1!!!" If you don't like it, don't buy the game. ^^

I think pikmin and olimar should be very different and alot of fun. I really like the idea of having to pull pikmin out of the ground that follow you around to use certain attacks. Hopefully they will show some of his moves in the next update or maybe a video to give us an idea of how he fights. I remember on melee that you needed to have saved data from pikmin to get the pikmin trophy. I wonder if they will do anything like that in brawl.

gsarany

Smash Cadet
The game is going to make good money. You frigen think the sales arent going to be good BECAUSE ONE CHARACTER IS CONFIRMED. The moveset will probably be revealed at 12 am. It will clear some questions of if hes gonna be good or not. But my opinion I think hes going to be good to use for now but im waiting for his moveset to be revlealed until I say anything else. ganondorf stop *****ing theres appartently going to be 40+ characters and like I said one character isnt going to change anything.

courte

Smash Lord
i'm disgusted with these despots of this community and i wish to never smash with them online randomly

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
How can anybody have anything against a character being confirmed.
A NEW CHARACTERS BEEN CONFIRMED, YIPEE! Please, lighten up.
We want as many characters as possible, yeah?

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Wow, people will be disappointed when the final roster'll leak. He is just one more character and Sakurai knows what he is doing. There will be a lot of weird and unexpected characters (Olimar isn't even one of them) hidden. Questionable if they deserve one spot in the roster.

He is popular, high ranked on Sakurai's poll and having the potential for a unique moveset. By the way, I want to see a moveset before I can say whether he is a unique character or he is a very unique character. The games were wonderful and yeah I would really love to play them again.

And is Captain Olimar really a that bad choice? Only because he isn't on your wish list? Because he looks stupid? Because you never played the game? Because you want to see your favorite character instead of him? Because you think he doesn't deserve a spot in the roster?

.....Waste of time? ....Waste of space? ....He sucks? .
Then don't play him. Sakurai didn't make the game only for you. You will be probably one of the million futute Brawl players.
And if you hate him that much.... play another game, sry.

...Just my opinion

burrito

Smash Lord
If people like this OP had their way, Brawl would be filled completely with unoriginal uninspired characters. Also, all the characters would only be from a select few franchises. I think you people need to realize what type of game Smash Bros. is.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This character is dumb...end of story. They might as well have inserted Pichu back in the game....

Pokemon Trainer-New and creative idea
Meta Knight-He'll be sick
King Dede-Another heavyweight to balance the game out more...makes sense.
Sonic-New speedster to own fox!
Pikmin-ummm, WTF? That is what i have been waiting to see?

Does anyone else agree that he is the biggest waste of time? Hes such a stupid character.
No. You come to the Olimar section of the character threads, and expect everyone to agree that he's a waste of a character? I'm doubting whether you played a single Pikmin gam,e and thus throw him off because you have no idea how he's supposed to work.

Aye... this kind of ignorance shocks me.

First off, you claim that Sonic was a better idea for a character, and although I agree he was good, he doesnt bring anything near as innovative and original as Olimar will.

a character who relies partly on several AI to help him fight? This is something never seen before in the smash world, this is different!

Pikmin are not the character the focus is truly on. Olimar is the character everyone uses the name of. The Pikmin are his assistance. Using "Pikmin" as the name clearly states your lack of knowlegde of what he's about, and you're just mindlessly trolling, making a fool of yourself.

Another thing I dont understand, is where the hate from the people that SEMI-agree with him came from. Do you doubt his originality, quirkiness, and most likely fun and different style? I hope not.

@The OP, if you dislike him, who do YOU want in Brawl? Please expalain, and if you cant, please dont come back here and troll, this is the forum to discuss Olimar's possibilities, and what we think he'll work like. Ths is not a place for you to come, and tell us, the Olimar fans, that you think he'll fail.

-GD4ever.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
OK. Everyone who is against Pikmin and Olimar needs to shut up. Why? Olimar was made by this man:

Who made this:

And this:

So if this:

Was made by him, it deserves to be in Brawl.

There, explained with pictures.

SHIGERU MIYAMOTO FTW!!

edracon

Smash Cadet
im sorry to say, but i dont like Olimar... its not his look, but it seems that if you kill the pikmin, he will not be able to attack.. It doesn't seems thoughtout or complete at this moment, but i will try him out anyway :p

also, I need more info on him to know if the above is true.

burrito

Smash Lord
im sorry to say, but i dont like Olimar... its not his look, but it seems that if you kill the pikmin, he will not be able to attack.. It doesn't seems thoughtout or complete at this moment, but i will try him out anyway :p

also, I need more info on him to know if the above is true.
He can pluck more Pikmin out of the ground......

Oh, and it's only smash attacks. He can do regular attacks without the pikmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom