• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WATASHI WA SHINEN! SHINENZUUU!: A Black Shadow Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
You mean actually be part bull?
...I dunno.....
I think it would be a good reminder that F-zero isn't just about HUMANS in High Powered Race Car things.
Just give him actual hoofs, a tail and.... well now that I think more about it, he does kind of have a design everyone is already used too.

D

Deleted member

I think it would be a good reminder that F-zero isn't just about HUMANS in High Powered Race Car things.
Just give him actual hoofs, a tail and.... well now that I think more about it, he does kind of have a design everyone is already used too.
We have plenty of non-human racers. We don't really need to make another one, you know. :p

....though GX's B. Shadow has hoof-like boots, so he could have that in Smash as well as an additional tail for part of the costume.
Would that be alright instead?

Last edited by a moderator:

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
But why change one of the human characters into a man-bull hybrid to represent that? Besides, his costume already has hooves and bull-horns.

D

Deleted member

Posted this question on the main character thread but...

On the idea of B. Shadow taking Ganondorf's role as Captain Falcon's semi-clone, should he literally take Ganon's old moves or should he have his own spin on them?
I.e. a bull charging move instead of a lunging uppercut (basing more on Guerdo Dragon than Flame Choke; Ganon should keep Flame Choke).

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

On the idea of B. Shadow taking Ganondorf's role as Captain Falcon's semi-clone, should he literally take Ganon's old moves or should he have his own spin on them?
I.e. a bull charging move instead of a lunging uppercut (basing more on Guerdo Dragon than Flame Choke; Ganon should keep Flame Choke).
I'd let Ganondorf keep the Flame Choke, his sideways b, and maybe his down air. Everything else, I'd just basically give to Black Shadow. He'd get a new sideways b and sideways a (and whatever else is kept by Ganondorf), then I'd call it a day.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Well...I was hoping for Samurai Goroh but seeing him return as an assist trophy brought me here. I really want F-Zero to get another Rep and I think the Black Shadow is a good choice. Also another awesome villain will always be welcome to Smash.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I feel like Samurai Goroh being an AT improved Black Shadow's chances of appearing as a playable character, IF there is another F-Zeo rep.
I mean Earhtbound got a second rep in brawl, so possibly.

Black Shadow should get some of Ganondorf's moves but not all, have some different ones.
Primarly Falcon punch.

Also these have been added to the Wii U Virtual Console April 17th
  • F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
  • Golden Sun

Last edited:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
As we see in F-Zero GX Black Shadow is capable of shooting a binding energy beam which could possibly work in his moveset.

D

Deleted member

Bumped from the grave.

As sad as Goroh's disconfirmation is (I supported both B. Shadow and Goroh), as ErenJager said, it only makes Black Shadow stronger. After all, with Goroh out of the picture, he is the only running candidate for an F-Zero Newcomer!

Now, this doesn't make him more likely in general; this just means that if there is an F-Zero character after C. Falcon, it will be B. Shadow.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know, I can easily imagine the guy who voiced Heihachi Edajima doing Black Shadow. Then again, I'd be fine with Wakamoto or Ishizuka doing the role.

D

Deleted member

Any option that is not Wakamoto is the wrong option. :troll:

.....but seriously, if Wakamoto can't be the one to do it, at least get a sound-alike.
Though didn't Wakamoto state that he'd be willing to reprise the role if Black Shadow was in Smash Bros., or is that just another unverified rumor?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Any option that is not Wakamoto is the wrong option. :troll:

.....but seriously, if Wakamoto can't be the one to do it, at least get a sound-alike.
Though didn't Wakamoto state that he'd be willing to reprise the role if Black Shadow was in Smash Bros., or is that just another unverified rumor?
IF the later is true, then I would love for him to reprise the role. And this is coming from someone who enjoyed the Japanese dub of the F-Zero anime WAY more than the crappy 4Kids dub. Not to mention his other various roles (Lelouch's surrogate and manly father).

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I recently got F-Zero GX and I actually like Black Shadow more than I thought. I'm really open to the idea of this guy being playable as long as he doesn't use Ganondorf's old moveset.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Wakamoto please!

Don't even dub him over in English if Wakamoto does his voice, like marth.

D

Deleted member

Bumped.

I can't let this thread go to waste while my Dark Pit thread gets all the posts....

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh, agreed, I support Black Shadow for Smash Bros. I think he'd be pretty cool.

I like this idea, but he shouldn't literally take Ganondorf's moves, but have his own spin on them. He'd still fill the niche of being a slower but far more powerful Captain Falcon, but he'd definitely have the attacks based on Black Shadow's design instead of directly porting them.

D

Deleted member

Oh, agreed, I support Black Shadow for Smash Bros. I think he'd be pretty cool.

I like this idea, but he shouldn't literally take Ganondorf's moves, but have his own spin on them. He'd still fill the niche of being a slower but far more powerful Captain Falcon, but he'd definitely have the attacks based on Black Shadow's design instead of directly porting them.
Yes, yes, I agree.

Take the moves but add his own flair into the mix.
After all, you can't have Black Shadow mimic the Falcon Punch without slinging a little bull.

:awesome:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Black Shadow would be a really neat unexpected character, especially because he'd make a second rep for F-Zero, and it adds another villain to the roster.

Why is he not as popular as King K. Rool and Ridley is beyond me.

#100th reply to Black Shadow support thread.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'll support this guy, mostly to get Ganondorf his own moveset, partially due to my childish desires to see Batman Falcon-Punching his enemies.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
BATMAN USING FALCON PUNCH, HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN ANY OF THE PREVIOUS GAMES, it is a crime that earthbound got another rep before f-zero, I support, I think he should throw batarangs have his own moveset instead of being a falcon clone, but it would be hard

D

Deleted member

Black Shadow would be a really neat unexpected character, especially because he'd make a second rep for F-Zero, and it adds another villain to the roster.

Why is he not as popular as King K. Rool and Ridley is beyond me.

#100th reply to Black Shadow support thread.
Well, he is *sort of* the "Ridley" of Japan.
Ridley gets much more support outside Japan than in it, while B. Shadow gets much more support inside Japan than out of it.

And thanks for getting B. Shadow to 100 posts; it's a shame it took this long....

D

Deleted member

What does "Watashi wa Shinen Shinenzu" even mean?
Roughly translated "I will die....? I will not die!" which is generally shortened to "I will not die!"
Of course, what he is actually saying and what it translates to are subject to debate.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Week-old bump.
I hate how this thread gets no audience while my Dark Pit thread gets all the posts...

Also, while this isn't new (this was posted back in June 15), if what Amazing Ampharos is saying is true, then Ganondorf still resembles his Captain Ganon style with seemingly being reverted even further back into it with the return of the Gerudo Dragon.
I'm going to end with a special surprise thing since I'm on the topic of Xion. He only actually has played smash 4 once, but he was going around distributing fliers to promote a tournament at both the Best Buy I was at and at the one in Lee's Summit. With his own eyes at the other one, he watched a little kid pick random and get... Ganondorf! Yeah, apparently random in the demo is buggy and could pull Ganondorf, and this otherwise unknown little kid at one of the least popular Best Buys was the only one who ever found something this fantastic from it. Unfortunately the player who got Ganon was apparently not very strong and just kinda mashed so it was hard to see much of how Ganon was changed, but he was based on his Twilight Princess model like in Brawl. Xion said Ganon had his Melee side special but otherwise seemed a lot like Brawl Ganon though he noted that Ganon seemed really unfinished which means that basically all the gameplay stuff has to be taken with a huge grain of salt in terms of relevance to the final product. I've known Xion for years; I can tell you he's not lying about this. So yeah, Ganon confirmed... if there was any doubt.
And if that's the case, then Black Shadow's as good as disconfirmed....:(

D

Deleted member

If it's real.

Though regardless, Ganondorf will be in Smash 4 anyway. I'd just rather Ganondorf be less of a Falclone and instead B. Shadow takes the role, which this supposed discovery by Xion goes against.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, he claims that he knows Xion for years so I'm calling it legit as of now. He could still be up for some major changes though. And yes, I'd prefer it to if the Falclone moveset would be passed down to Black Shadow actually. But best bet now would probably be DLC. And hoping therefore that Ganondorf DOES get significant changes so to make people want this DLC to happen that much more.

D

Deleted member

I cautiously consider the possibility that what Xion said is true (since there have been cases in the past that reliable people have lied, such as the case with the guy that said Mewtwo and Roy would be released in the international Brawl while Japan would get them as free DLC), though I hope it isn't for the sake of B. Shadow.

If it is true, then *shrugs*.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hmm never heard about that specific report actually! But it's interessting to consider yes. Ampharos did report that Ganondorf 'felt unfinished' but the rest of the description sounds vague enough. Maybe he was just teasing, considering Ganondorf DID get shown at E3, in Twilight Princess -persona, but... In a Robot Chicken short. It's very easy to make this claim, considering there's also custom moves and that Side B most likely will have Gerudo Dragon as alternative. But, this alone would be troublesome to Black Shadow... I think the best bet would be for a DLC-packet whenever a new F-Zero comes out.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
...WHY HAVE'T I REALIZED THIS THREAD UNTIL NOW?! I'M SO LATE! D=

Yo B. Shadow Support Thread! It gives me great joy to notice this thread and post about it, I'm in awe. I support this!

That & after reading the OP I very much agree with this character for a F-Zero newcomer. He's one of the most if not thee most popular antagonist
(s) to the F-zero story (F-Zero Falcon Densetsu ftw) having his own skills & abilities that would make him an anti-clone afar from Falcon. For the topic about giving (dumping..) B. Shadow ganondorf's move-set, I guess it works if that's what it takes for his appearance in Sm4sh, but I along with others don't want the brawl Ganondorf move-set dumped onto B. Shadow. It doesn't do justice..err corruption:troll: treating a underrated potential newcomer like that, give him his own unique play-style relating to how his machine B. Bull works. Despite Deathborn being the deadliest antagonist as far as I recall & Samurai Goroh as a villain but more-or-less a rival that was confirmed as an AT, B. Shadow is usually the one we hear & see more of. I don't have a lot of ideas for this awesome evil brawler but I do know that he would reflect off his machine similar to how C. Falcon oddly does but is more Kamen Rider inspired as said already. Most others in past pages described a good description of his statistics and such so I much agree with those posts but I'll throw down something anyways:

Dash Attack: B. Shadow runs charging forward lunging his bull horns as a solid powerful dash-attack, similar much like to ganon's in brawl. The horns would be the strongest part of his hit-box simply because of logic & his body would be the carried hit-box with the lunge.

It's just one example & a very common idea but owell. The posts on this page about the visual look he should have are spot-on, I love that Bull Punch Image looks sick! If I had to throw in how that could look better it could be a bull in a running pose with horns pointing forward instead of up maybe for a extended hit-box range in case people try to punish you?

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
change the thread title to "A Purple Shadow Support Thread."
Some people really take offense to this.
Fixed :smirk:
Even though B. Shadow has a color more like this
▀▀▀▀▀ or purple.
No matter how much I try SWF's editor, I can't get the color to really match @GoldenYuiitusin 's dark slate blue(yes/no?) text in the OP or maybe I'm just color derp...

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
He's our last hope for F-Zero while being quite popular in Japan. Keep your fingers crossed.

D

Deleted member

Fixed :smirk:
Even though B. Shadow has a color more like this
▀▀▀▀▀ or purple.
No matter how much I try SWF's editor, I can't get the color to really match @GoldenYuiitusin 's dark slate blue(yes/no?) text in the OP or maybe I'm just color derp...
It can't be done anymore.
Not since Smashboards had that update a while back.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Ahhhh Lightning. T'is a good one I thought from seeing the F-Zero thumbnail I thought I was gonna hear his GX Theme which I used to jam to for motivation of crushing cans back in 2004. So I share that feeling for destruction @ Z1GMA Z1GMA :shades:

Also I'm starting to watch F-ZeroFalcon Densetsu in subbed & I'm hyped...I've wanted to see this anime for years!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom