• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Watch a fox player from hawaii haha

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Well, I had a friendly set(3) with vish from washington, and that's like the only melee video we got during the whole tourny, so check it out. I don't think I posted a vid here before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zga2AjERiJE

It was pretty late, and we had a drink at the beach day so cut us some slack lol
The other matches should be in the related videos or whatever

I don't want critique much, but if you want, then go for it. Oh, and I got to play pc chris over summer =)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
You tech-roll is really repetitive and predictable. I tech-chased you with my eyes. :)

You need to learn to mix things up and stop being so automatic. You also rambo with nair alot.

I know Falcon has no priority, but rambo nair against good players and you'll get CC grabbed or worse. Think about the way you approach.

As for the way you d.i., everytime he dthrowed you would d.i. away and tech towards. Don't make it that easy for him. Sometimes just tech in place, or don't d.i. or tech and lie there in place. You'd be surprised how well that works.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
CC = Crouch Cancel.

You know how Peach crouches and dsmashes when you approach her? Thats defensive CCing; she just sits there and holds down and mashes down on the cstick.

CC grabbing is an offensive option, and is basically the same thing, just harder. When Falcon nairs you, you hold down so you cut down the knockback, then when he lands and the move is done you just grab him.

By using this, you'll be taking a free 14 or so damage, but if you get the grab its worth it. Vs. Falcon, grabs = stock kills.

JJR.O.B.

Smash Ace
CC = Crouch Cancel.

You know how Peach crouches and dsmashes when you approach her? Thats defensive CCing; she just sits there and holds down and mashes down on the cstick.

CC grabbing is an offensive option, and is basically the same thing, just harder. When Falcon nairs you, you hold down so you cut down the knockback, then when he lands and the move is done you just grab him.

By using this, you'll be taking a free 14 or so damage, but if you get the grab its worth it. Vs. Falcon, grabs = stock kills.
Thanks for telling me.

400th post WOOT!

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
lol man I'm getting some harsh stuff. Honestly, vish is real good at tech chasing so I thought he would stop after I did the same thing a couple times in the one tech chase grab scene. Didn't work though

It's the only set we recorded all day and it was at the end past 12 so we were playing for shi*ts and giggles. And we had a couple beers at the beach and house. Give us a break =)
Those are the only johns I can come up with

But really, if I could've recorded some with PC, it would've looked nicer. I was trying so hard! lol
still lost 90% of the time though >__>

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Don't post vids, hope for advice, then SUPER JOHN about how you played. : /

We're not being harsh, we're being realistic. It wasn't a specific moment where he tech-chased you that we are talking about; in general you were just really predictable.

Top Bottom