• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavebombinh?

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
Ive heard jasona mention stuff about this. What the hell is it? lol please describe what it looks like, how you do it, and chances of it being successful.

Jasona

Smash Ace
wavebombing is when you drop a bomb on someone and have it immediately explode, then WD from the explosion. I'm not very good at it because I have a hard time WDing the smallest distance forward from the explosion, but I can WD down as fast as is possible and smash or something. I'd like to be able to repeatedly WB someone just to see if its easily escapeable with or without their sheild on. Plus, you can always escape by not WDing from the explosion.

EDIT --- just to be clear on what wavebombing is --->
- drop a bomb so that it immediately explodes - as soon as the bomb explodes, you should transform into a ball - WD immediately - OPTIONAL *repeat*
Its fast, but not rediculously fast

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
Thanks jasona, im going to just try it out but already from the sound of it i dont feel like im going to implement it into my game too much =p lol unless its flashy enought o make itself look impressive lol. i prefer bomb to dair until the opponent realizes that theyre suffering to a stupid combo... lol thats always funny

Jasona

Smash Ace
Eventually, I'm gonna make a short video of wavebombing. Like the pillar of fire, you can use WBing to continuously damage an opponent, but it probably is only assuradly successful if you use one bomb and then attack. There are alot of examples of how WBing from just one bomb can quickly put you in a very advantagous position and I intend to include that... especially since thats all I can do consistantly at this point

The Cape

Smash Master
Jasona said:
Eventually, I'm gonna make a short video of wavebombing. Like the pillar of fire, you can use WBing to continuously damage an opponent, but it probably is only assuradly successful if you use one bomb and then attack. There are alot of examples of how WBing from just one bomb can quickly put you in a very advantagous position and I intend to include that... especially since thats all I can do consistantly at this point
I already made that small (crappy) movie that will at least get the concept out there.

Its on the hub and its called "Wavebombing"

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Calypso said:
(Um........what's WDing?)
Wavedashing. Jumping up, then quickly air dodging to the ground on an angle to slide. Search for a topic about it in Mdisc for more detail.

Suliman

Smash Apprentice
is performing the wavebombing similar to waveshining? is it harder?

Jasona

Smash Ace
The two main problems that I have with wavebombing (WBing) are when and where to WD. Am I WDing as soon as possible? & Am I in the best position relative to my opponent so that the next bomb will explode immediately? A minor problem is am I dropping the next bomb as early as I could be? At present, my answer to all of those questions is no. WBing is, for me, ridiculously laggy, ineffective, and risky. However, the idea of not always bouncing up after bombing off of someone is a decent mind game and emplore every samus that employs bombs, either for defense or for mobility, to learn to WD from a bombs explosion.

ak47

Smash Journeyman
wait im not sure on what ur saying is it the same as just planting a bomb di'ing backwards then wave dashing into it cause that works sometimes for me to get a dair in. but i am still confused on this subject.

Joe_Musashi

Smash Rookie
What they are talking about is when you WD directly out of a bomb. It sounds tricky, but it's actually not that hard to pull off.

I was playing around with it in training mode, and it seems like you can get varying levels of distance out of it-much like the wavedash itself. Still need to do more testing though.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
This idea can be incorperated with beam cancling. It might have been stated somewhere else on the boards but yeah after the beam cancle you can do the same thing. I have explored this my self and you have a vast number of options.
Options from a Beam Cancle or from Wave bombing.
1. Grab-This is pretty effective because of novelty. From either beam or bomb most people will expect an arial attack. Once they have their sheild up grab them.
2. Smash- Samus has quick smashes and they are very effective. I belive dsmash is slightly faster than foward smash but either way this is a great way to catch them off gard.
3. Bomb- once you WD into the ground you can bomb the opponent again.
4. Jab- Jab is a move to get a read on your opponent. Like the bomb or beam cancle its just a move to stop them in their tracks and see how they react. If they sheild grab if they jump nair if they stand their well hit them.
5. Charge blast- this is under the assumption that you have it charged. But yes this workes pretty well. I wouldnt suggest using a missle because you are grounded and there is a good amount of lag that you wont be able to capitolize off of. But the Charge blast is a great killing move as all samus players know.
Thats about all I can think of right now.

Jasona

Smash Ace
wavebombing... good times. I'm on the verge of being able to consistantly practice it. there is only one skill left for me to learn. i'm unable to recognize when i've started it.
i've solved many of my original problems with WBing over the past year. these solutions aren't just ideas, i've "accidentally" (button mashing) performed them all
can samus wd from a bomb and bomb from a wd fast enough?
when i leave it to muscle memory, like when i shuffle missles, then it can be done. finding the right timing was due to several bombing "accidents" in tournament matches
how can i end it safely?
wd to the side of the opponent in which samus is facing away and sweetspot an usmash. wd into position for both hits of the dsmash. single bomb to A-up+b, when i'm near a ledge
if i make mistakes, how can i minimize my opponents chances of escaping?
bomb off of their backs. alternate between a single bomb and double bombing
how long do i need to WB?
3 to four bombs to break a shield. less if you smash out of it. two - 3 iterations should be sufficient

Top Bottom