• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wavedash from edgehog?? HELP NEEDED

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
Im sure i could search for it but waiting 60 sec every search make its hard so...

I've been trying to figure out how to recover from the edge into a wavedash ive seen it on alot of luigi's fights... but have no idea how to go about it.

HOOK IT UP,lz
Chaz

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
opps I think im asking it wrong...!
wavedashing back onto stage from hanging on the edge
is more less what i was meaning.

luigimain,
charles

chronofreak

Smash Apprentice
shoe is talking about from a hanging position. Right when you drop from the ledge, air jump, then airdodge onto the stage when you're high enough over the edge.

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
**** thats nutz im gonaa die like 99/100 times by killing my self =)
THX

on the road to wavedash mastery,
charles

Spoon Man

Smash Apprentice
**** thats nutz im gonaa die like 99/100 times by killing my self =)
THX

on the road to wavedash mastery,
charles
well I do think it's the most common way for luigi players to SD. Also I find that moving the control stick (or c stick) in the opposite direction of the stage is better for letting go, otherwise you may accidentally fast fall and kill yourself.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
well, try to do it slowly first, u gotta start, maibeur passing the same thing i passed, i was triyng to do it and i was desesperated, but just relax and do it slow, then ull do it faster and faster an so...

Jekyll

Smash Ace
well I do think it's the most common way for luigi players to SD. Also I find that moving the control stick (or c stick) in the opposite direction of the stage is better for letting go, otherwise you may accidentally fast fall and kill yourself.
I used to be IN LOVE with doing it that way, until I started doing it faster and accidentally throwing out aerials. I still think that's the best way to do it, I just frustrated with throwing random back-airs and switched. Hitting away works just fine, as long as you don't hold it and end up jumping away from the stage before wavedashing...that's bad news.

Top Bottom