• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash into grab to extend its reach?

Litt

Samus
thoughts? Because you are moving forward during this, does it not extend the reach of the grab?

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
In the spirit of humility, I will also "self-ream".

In DFW there is a very skilled Yoshi player. He stopped playing Yoshi, but I've learned a decent amount about the MU. Samus wins the match up pretty hard. Getting grabbed is a serious issue for Samus, but if you have even an OK reaction time you should be able to avoid getting grabbed by Yoshi. Yoshi's OOS options are still very dangerous, so avoid going hard on the pressure. If you space out Yoshi, he's pretty bad. Basically playing standard Samus will take you far. Stay grounded, space and missile, and approach for a punish.
To be fair I was sort of almost right.. As for Yoshi having "dangerous OOS options".... I dunno man shield drop Nair is scary or something to young Merv.

Also this post.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-lone-samus.375033/

Let's all make fun of ourselves

Top Bottom