• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash platform cancel nairs

Dlos

Smash Rookie

F-ric

Smash Cadet
This is a really cool technique getting the timing/edge cancels during a tech chase can be hard but you can use this against people shielding on platforms too to do some nasty stuff. These are some pretty creative combos though nice work.

Also your grounded speed changes to the max aerial speed when you drop through and cancel the aerial which means you still slide once you land, but you do slow down a lot.

Last edited:

Daer

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
0033 7210 7455
Can someone give me a breakdown of how this works/how to perform it? Thanks :luigimelee:

F-ric

Smash Cadet
Can someone give me a breakdown of how this works/how to perform it? Thanks :luigimelee:
Wavedash/land on the top platform. Before you slide off do a platform drop and immediately press nair or bair (nair is easier), if you land the attack fast enough you will reland on the platform while still moving slightly from the wavedash. If you do it right you can slide off the platform and edge cancel the aerial which is what he does in these clips. It's pretty tricky to do consistently so maybe breakdown each part and then put it all together.

NASA1998

Smash Rookie
To nair cancel do you need to hit the opponent? When I've been practicing it seems easier to execute if I go into hitlag from the nair but that might just all be in my head.

Top Bottom