• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing Help

Itchi

Smash Cadet
I have mastered Wavedashing with almost every character but Falco. Ganon and Bowser I don't care about them.

Any good tips and timing the buttons for Falco? And is Waves-shinning necessary for Falco? Sorry.. I am a complete n00b of Falco even though I used him years ago near the release of Smash Melee.

I would really appreciate some tips...

Here's a video of my Falco playing, event 51: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXH-_gUfi1w

The_Marth_Madness

Smash Journeyman
Waveshining is pretty essential to falco's game.

If you can wavedash with link perfectly, then I don't see why you can't with falco. Just practice.

Itchi

Smash Cadet
Waveshining is pretty essential to falco's game.

If you can wavedash with link perfectly, then I don't see why you can't with falco. Just practice.
Link is one of the characters I can't wavedash with.. are you assisting that I should start practicing my Wavedash with Link?

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Waveshining is completely necessary so learn it. To practice wavedashing, just remember Falco has a little delay before he jumps so you have to wait a bit before airdodging. Practice in low speed modes and slowly go to the faster modes.

Also, your video proves nothing of your skill what-so-ever. Event 51 is not a great way to show off your skill because if you repeatedly used firebird in a fight to damage someone you would be laughed at. Show a video of you facing a human, or at least just show off your technical skill vs. a level 1 computer.

mathos

Smash Champion
The typical problem is that you need to realize Falco doesn't jump into the air as fast as other characters. Fox is in the air in 4 frames and Falco is in 6. So you just need to press R or L a bit later.

Itchi

Smash Cadet
Oh! Thanks! That's the answer I have been looking for. So I see that Falco's wavedash does have to delay for a bit. Thanks for the tips. And sorry about the event 51 video.. It was the only SSBM video I had at the moment of me using Falco.

flintstone

Smash Cadet
im going to drag this of the topic title a bit in hope someone will help me.

how would i go about incorporating wavedashing into my game, i can wavedash fine with falco, but i just dnt see any practical use for using it other than as a mind game, which i dont actually do too much with except to disrupt an incoming attack.
anyways i can use it more in my game, help will be much appreciated

flintstone

Smash Cadet
nope, i cant waveshine either, ive recently been rescuing my falco from horrably nooby tactics, and waveshining is something i havent quite gotten round to yet, i have started the wavelanding a little bit, but as i play on final destination in almost any match i play with my falco, i dnt need wavelanding very much
any help would also be appreciated in helping to practise these tactics.

gongbomb

Smash Cadet
Well let's see...to practice waveshining I would make sure I could wavedash perfectly across FD. If you have that down, then also make sure your jump canceled shines are in order. Then I guess after that you could start string the two together. JC shine add on the wavedash at the end. Fast thumbs!

flintstone

Smash Cadet
i suppose it is the most logical way, and i gather tht adjusting the wavedash to go straight down instead of along floor and give falco his infinite shine, well ill give this a try and see how it goes, may reply again tomorrow for more help, any ideas on how to practise the wavedash into a match ?

mathos

Smash Champion
wavedash can help you grab the edge. . . . .

wavedash after approaching from a SHL. . . . .

mix wavedash with dashdance. . . .

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
yeah waveshinning is great to incorporate after a dair into a shine or nair into a shine example: wavedshine forward once , then backwards once, then proceed to pilar again. Uses like that and shield pressuring are where i find waveshining to come in handy, and once you get fast at it you can surprise people into getting shined and then combo appropriately

also, you can add wave doubleshining which is sexy (though im bad at it lol)

Top Bottom