• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in Brawl... (Hacked version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
Yes we can, everything is stored in memory, that include the asm code. Take for example the 1 player match code, all it does is change a "if grater than or equal to 2" to a "if grater than or equal to 1".
ASM What is? Ooh a guess: Active System Memory?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I praise the guys who figure this stuff out.Me and my mates are already getting this onto our wii's as we speak.

God bless you good sir for giving me sweet,delicious wavedashing again!

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Yes we can, everything is stored in memory, that include the asm code. Take for example the 1 player match code, all it does is change a "if grater than or equal to 2" to a "if grater than or equal to 1".
Oh I see. o_o So technically we COULD add and remove major features to the game?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It's weird that I'm saying this but...it would be sweet if they could "de-magnetize" the ledges. Imagine that...
It's one of the things I prefer over wavedash and "Lcancel" in Brawl

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
It's weird that I'm saying this but...it would be sweet if they could "de-magnetize" the ledges. Imagine that...
It's one of the things I prefer over wavedash and "Lcancel" in Brawl
That's something we're talking about in one of the other threads right now.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
has anyone thought about olimar, ivysaur, and ZSS??? how will they recover?

and i think i found a problem with the newest SSBM Air Dodge code. whenever im in a match with D3 and he successfully inhales someone, the game freezes. can anyone else test this for me? i need to know if this is just my wii

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
has anyone thought about olimar, ivysaur, and ZSS??? how will they recover?

and i think i found a problem with the newest SSBM Air Dodge code. whenever im in a match with D3 and he successfully inhales someone, the game freezes. can anyone else test this for me? i need to know if this is just my wii
I was using it all night and got Dddsided a lot and I never froze. Wierd. What other codes are you using?

B.W.

Smash Champion
"Betterment of Brawl" Will probably make for a lot more "OMG stp tryign 2 maek ppl ply it ur way!1"

We need a name that won't attract that.. Of course we're going to get a lot of it no matter what.

I honestly like Brawl+. Maybe add something like "By the players, for the players."

But really asking me may not be a good idea, cause I come up with stupid things like "The Bralternate. Brawl's alternate way to play."

OK'Ssuka?

Smash Cadet
A suggestion: Perhaps, Super Smash Bros. Flux? Considering that further experimentation may be required to deal with whatever bugs or hurdles may appear in the days to come?

zxeon

Smash Lord
Brawl+ is good we could go with that. Brawl+ Foundation?

Btw for those who don't know this is Cerozero I found my old account and I'm gonna be using it from now on.

OK'Ssuka?

Smash Cadet
It seems then, that at the moment, Brawl+ would be adequate for the name of this project as most seem to agree with said name. Go for it, I guess.

[Edit]

Additional Suggestions, though this is really reaching out (and somewhat half in jest):

Brawelee
Brawlee
Melawl
BRAWL-e

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^wow, cero you even registered before me, and yet you only have one post? :)

anyway demagnetized edges would be a good hack to see.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Ok, well Brawl+ seems to be the agreed-upon name for the modded game itself, but I think the actual group needs something more. Maybe just something simple like "The Brawl+ Society/Foundation/Association/Committee/Guild/Club" >____>

Before '08 members
A lot of the Brawl+ supporters (including me) are '08ers, lol.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Well we all want certain things.

Some want hitstun/we want the hitstun to actually do its job.

Some want L-canceling over shield canceling. (Or in my case I'm cool with either, I just wish it was harder to do.)

Some want the sweet-spotting of the ledge to be harder.

And there's probably a lot more. But don't we have a limit on how much we can do?

OK'Ssuka?

Smash Cadet
In a sense, the moniker you just constructed ""The Brawl+ Society/Foundation/Association/Committee/Guild/Club"" might be appealing, though more on the point of humor than anything due to its rather long and convoluted nature of said name. :)

For a name that could be taken seriously, however, may I suggest either "The Brawl+ (insert one of the words you have divided with / )" or "The Brawl+ Workshop" as you guys tend to be working and hammering out the codes and such? Perhaps?

B.W.

Smash Champion
Here I come with another cheesy name.

"The Brawl+ Hacktory."

Perhaps I was dropped on the head as a kid.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
In a sense, the moniker you just constructed ""The Brawl+ Society/Foundation/Association/Committee/Guild/Club"" might be appealing, though more on the point of humor than anything due to its rather long and convoluted nature of said name. :)

For a name that could be taken seriously, however, may I suggest either "The Brawl+ (insert one of the words you have divided with / )" or "The Brawl+ Workshop" as you guys tend to be working and hammering out the codes and such? Perhaps?
LOL, I never meant the whole thing to be a name. I thought we should pick one :laugh:

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
I'm too reluctant to mod my Wii for this. I may see if I can get a cheap used one on eBay or something. If I do, I'll install these codes.

....And Ghosteo's texture hacks.

err

Smash Journeyman
The true name for "Dash Canceling" is Fox Trotting, by the by. <3
the **** it is!

Fox trotting is an initial dash, followed by an initial dash, ad infinitum. (i.e. fox trot with G&W and he stays in the same pose)

dash cancel is pressing down to stop running

from the wiki:
"Dash-Cancelling is performed by entering into a dash and then crouching or jumping, to quickly cancel the animation. After cancelling your dash with a crouch it is possible to do any standing attack."

"To perform a Fox-trot, dash forward, return the analog stick to neutral, and dash forward again."

wavedashing in place would be less effective than a dash cancel. i.e. running forward smash would be faster with dash cancel

you can simply just to tap shield and you'll stop
..and get wrecked. melee dash-cancel > brawl running shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom