• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing with F-Tilt

The Master of Mario

Smash Journeyman
When Mario does his F-Tilt he pivots on one foot to do a fast kick. After kicking his front foot has to come back to the ground landing behind him. Then his pivot foot has to move back to the original position. Right when he is moving his pivot foot back to its original position is when he moves when crouching, smashing, spot dodging or punching with nuetral A. In order to get the most range with F-Smash one must stutter step into it with the right timing. In order to get the most with U-Smash crouching then turning and Dashing into a U-Smash is most effective. D-Smash can also be used just as the nuetral punches. I know this is already known, but I didn't see anything on being able to F-tilt into a wavedash punch or smashes. It seems like the game registers position based on the foot in front for some moves allowing Mario to move backwards with its momentum.

LuigiTheKing

Smash Cadet
I think I know what he's talking about.

It's some thing with Mario where if you time his Ftilt and crouch correctly, you get a little bit of a backwards momentum (I don't wanna say Wavedash because it's nothing near to it) to Mario.

It's pretty much worthless though from what I've seen.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
it's not worth the effort....it only sends you back and it only sends you about one step back...I mean I guess if you were doing some pin point spacing **** it might help but I'm not going to do a Ftilt when I have some better options

Help!

Smash Journeyman
actually this has potential although i havn't seen it or don't know how much it brings you back, but if you ftilt and do this step back thing you could probably avoid being grabbed cause i've for sure been grabbed from the ftilt wiht good spacing.

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
What help said. It pisses ddd's off.
not so sure, DDDs grab range is ridiculous, they might as well have given him a grapple hook that extends far out of his stubby hands, below and above him it would look like this ]--D3

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
......Yep..............................

I'm gunna laugh 3 years down the road this is Mario's ultimate OH **** HE WON THE TOURNAMENT move...because with perfect timing it's like Super Wavedash + Black Hole Glitch + 2xFalcon Punch + Bowser's Final Smash

Top Bottom