• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wavshine

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
If you know how to shine and you know how to wavedash, then

shine -> wavedash

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
They way I learned it is you want to see fox touch the ground with his hand when he's about to jump. Then you WD

Shine -> JC -> wavedash with the same jump you canceled the shine with

If you can jump cancel and you can wavedash then you are probably pushing the buttons too fast

Idk it's being redundant at this point

:phone:

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
when you do fox's down b move you can instantly jump out of it, assuming you are either on the ground or in the air WITH your double jump

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
should probably go about learning that first

JC = jump cancelling. In terms of waveshining, you are cancelling a shine with a jump. Basically, use down-b, and jump mid-reflector. This way, you can instantly cancel out the reflector with minimal lag. And then afterwards you use the jump to wavedash.

Do this fast enough and you will waveshine.

You can also jump-cancel dashes into upsmashes or grabs (dash, jump -> c-stick up/grab). Or jumping out of a normal shield which leads to aerials OOS.

Pizzaman

Smash Cadet
I got it guys. Except everytime I do it while moving, I accidentally do the side-b and kill my self.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Keep practicing, and definitely practice jumping with Y, it's probably the most comfortable button for Fox players. Using up on the control stick makes it hard to do short hops.
You gotta keep practicing, first do it in training mode, then vs CPUs who fight back, then in friendlies and finally see if you can implement it in your tournament skills.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
I got it guys. Except everytime I do it while moving, I accidentally do the side-b and kill my self.

Just make sure you get that control stick to down

when you shine its down, when you WD its a roughly 45 degree angle towards the ground in either direction, make sure you move it back to down before you being your next shine so when you push B a shine comes out and not a side special (illusion).

Also don't think about it so much.

Good job though ;)

Skiller

Smash Rookie
reset the analog stick to neutral after shine before jumping, don't slide it along the edge for the wavedash.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
It's going to happen for quit some time, depending on how hard you train.

Now that you have it it's just a matter of time.

Another thing : Y is way easier than any other button for jump sheananigans in a general matter, but to be more specific you should always use the button that seems easier for you.

If I'm not mistaken, Javi is jumping with the stick amirite ?

Skiller

Smash Rookie
It's going to happen for quit some time, depending on how hard you train.

Now that you have it it's just a matter of time.

Another thing : Y is way easier than any other button for jump sheananigans in a general matter, but to be more specific you should always use the button that seems easier for you.

If I'm not mistaken, Javi is jumping with the stick amirite ?
I'd be surprised if Javi claws and jumps with stick.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
I will need someone to check/confirm this as I'm not really sure.

Black Fire

Smash Rookie

What I did, because I had the same problem, is I broke up the movements. I would wavedash, then get my fingers into shine position, but don't press them yet. Then shine, and get fingers into wavedash position, but don't wavedash yet. then work your way up to doing one wavedash -->shine, ending with your fingers in wavedash position. then go for 1.5 cycles, 2 cycles, 2.5, 3, etc. also, if you aren't already doing this, definitely practice on final destination. long stage, and no platforms to mess you up if you accidentally jump instead of wavedash.

Hope this helps you out

MOJoe

Smash Cadet
Practicing with Falco isn't a bad idea either because his jump takes more frames to launch, so you have more time.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Yeah I learned how to chain WDs out of shine with Falco initially, the lack of speed needed to with him really helped me iron out the muscle memory. When I transitioned to Fox it wasn't very bad at all.

Acutally I would honestly say that learning a lot of spacies tech skill is much easier with Falco initially...

Top Bottom