• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ways to make Brawl more interesting :D

MRDSBOY

Smash Cadet
The other day I was wondering how to make Brawl a bit more interesting. So, I started to think of different "modes". For example;

Pokemon Battle
Items- Pokeball
Stock- 6
Time- Infinite

OR

Stamina- 300%

Rules- You are not allowed to attack. You can only use the Pokeballs and Pokemon to inflict damage to your opponent.

Final Smash Mode
Rules- You cannot attack. You can only do so when you use your final smash. Items are optional.

Game Theme
Rules- Everyone has to play as a character from a certain game. (Example: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf and Toon Link in a Legend of Zelda theme.) Items must also be from the game.

Useless Items
Rules- You can only have item(s) that seem as useless (for example: Sangbag or Mr Saturn). Put them on high.

Now start adding your own ideas and posting them for others to use :D

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I prefer Balanced Brawl.

But what he's talking about in game play.

King of the Hill
You set a timed brawl and there is a certain platform (usually made in custom stages). Who ever is standing there when time runs out is the winner. You can also make it a tournament mode with it.

Sticky Bomb Hot potato
Basically you can only use sticky bombs on a low setting.

MRDSBOY

Smash Cadet
I prefer Balanced Brawl.

King of the Hill
You set a timed brawl and there is a certain platform (usually made in custom stages). Who ever is standing there when time runs out is the winner. You can also make it a tournament mode with it.

Sticky Bomb Hot potato
The King of the hill idea is awesome! I'm trying it out right now! :D

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Another one I haven't fully fleshed out would be like defend the fortress. I use a level editor mod to overlap parts. I made a simple fortress where you have two people try to defend and another two try to capture it. Like I said it's not fully thought through.

Explosive Mode
All items are bombs, Mines, etc... Also using Link, Toon Link, or Snake will make it even more explosive.

I would look at Event modes and see if you can modified them in multiplayer ways.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
You know what can be really fun?

Make a custom stage (large size, but only put 4 blocks all right next to each other near the top of the screen) and turn Bumbers on high.

It's really fun, and Pit can be really good in it.

Splice

Smash Hero
I prefer Balanced Brawl.

King of the Hill

Sticky Bomb Hot potato
These ideas are actually GOOD and ORIGINAL.
I mean the king of the hill concept isnt really original but for brawl it was good thought.
I like them both a lot.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Back in the 64 days they use to play baseball. Set Samus as the Picher and Ness as the batter. Samus tries to his Ness with three blast (a strike) and Ness tries to reflect as many shots he can. Recommend, Final Destination or Battlefield because it's flat and no stage attacks.

Another thing they did was build stories too (Probably lead to Adventure mode) and basically they linked up a series of battles and put in a story between them.

Another one is play soccer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivj3f3QSgkw

zagman505

Smash Cadet
I know it's been said already, but playing with only explosive items (preferably on high) is really fun.

Also, play special brawls on fast and light (dubbed 'twitch brawls' by a friend of mine), it's intense.

My friends and I (3 of us) frequently play on a team against a level 9 computer, with the three of us having a handicap of ~250-300%, which I really enjoy. We usually play this with no items.

Finally, sniper duels were fun for a while too. All players are Pit, special brawl on 300%, tiny, slow, flower, and fixed camera angle. No items, only attack allowed is Pit's arrow. With those settings, an arrow will pretty much always kill upon hitting, and it's considerably easier to control the arrows.

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
... hacks? Creating your own character for others and your self to enjoy... creating some levels perhaps? If your not the type to want to create... then you could always have a stamina match, put the camera on angled, give your self at least 100 Hp and fight computers or friends with 300 Hp. You could have some interesting RPG styled combat that way.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Superhero Mode:
Game A:
-You are against three of your friends (3 of the same character vs. your character) with only 2 stocks for each character in Shadow Moses Island, you may or may not include items, handicap the trio team (preferably 40%) and trigger team attack

Game B
Same as the above, but using a Cheap PSA Character (Hyper Sonic, Onslaught Falcon for example).

The stage may be changeable with other stages but I prefer SM because of the walls and large space.

but seriously, throwing your Brawl disc around like a frisbee is WAY more interesting than Brawl

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
In terms of fun factor, B- smokes B+ right outta the water, at least imo. B+ is more professional/tourney directed, so its not as quirky and weird as B-, which is what makes it so much fun :bee: (I could go on for hours like this but imma stop here before I start a fw)

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
Well here's a little game me and my friends play occasionally.

Make a map that is flat all the way across like the Bridge of Eldin. But make yourself 2 goals on each side so it looks something like this.

I-I-------------------------I-I

Put the rules on these specifics.

-Teams 2 v 2.
-Time: 6:00
-Items on LOW with just the soccer ball on.

Pick teams with your friends, and start the match with both teams on opposite sides. Wait for a soccer ball to spawn and then try to get the ball in the opposing team's goal. Keep track of points yourself and only have one ball in play at a time. Adjust the rules and maps to your liking and have fun. It's a fun alternative to beating the hell out of each other.

holypho

Smash Apprentice
These ideas are actually GOOD and ORIGINAL.
I mean the king of the hill concept isnt really original but for brawl it was good thought.
I like them both a lot.
We should have domination and capture the flag too lol, naw but the king of the hill thing sounds alittle fun... Nothing beats 3 bowsers challenge though especial against pikachu on FD.....

MRDSBOY

Smash Cadet
Explosive mode:

Curry Brawl with only Blast Boxes on veru high. It's EXTREMELY difficult to stay alive when on a small stage ;)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Some of those are cool. I'd say it would be better to have some item hacks to make more items appear.

Crystalorbie

Smash Cadet
Buckeye, AZ---Northern Arizona University
Hunters VS Hunted

Ok, let's see if I can't explain this properly.

3 (Hunters) vs 1 (Hunted) team brawl

Set items as you wish

KO fest (Time) or 40+stock match (under 10 if using GAME OVER rule at bottom)

5-10 minute matches

Team Attack ON

Handicap about 50-80% on each member of the Hunters, 0% on the Hunted

Hunted chooses the stage.

GAME OVER rule: If a member of the Hunters loses all stocks before time expires (there should be an option for time in a stock match somewhere) then they lose automatically. Should all three go down, last surviving member wins. (See The Goal of the Hunters for normal win conditions)

The Goal of the Hunters:
KO the Hunted the most to win. KOing team members adds nothing, nor subtracts anything, from your score. 1 point for each KO a Hunter claims on the Hunted, though only to that Hunter.

The Goal of the Hunted:
Survive as long as possible while KOing the Hunters. Not part of winning or losing though. Subtracts 1 point on a Hunter for each KO you claim against him/her.

The Results:
Hunters: Count up your KOs on the Hunted only, each KO is 1 point for you.

Hunted: Count up your KOs on each Hunter, and subtract 1 point on that Hunter's score for each KO you have.

Whoever has the most points wins the round.

Choosing who is the Hunted:
Well, you can choose whatever method you want first, but I suggest using the Winner out method. (Winner of the Hunters each round becomes the Hunted next round)
Of course, if it seems two people are always becoming the Hunted, you may use whatever method of selection you wish.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have any ideas?
Me and my friends play what we call standoff mode; everyone is fox. you can only use your shield and gun to inflict damage, and slow-mo, light gravity, and stamina is on 1. Its pretty intense.

Arsage0

Smash Rookie
Hey any one ever play with only bummpers? Its so funny when someone gets stuck between two bumpers.

Theres always a match with only explosives.

One time i made a costom stage that was basically two pillars on opposite sides of the stage and we would only us people with good range attacks and knock the one another off.

Me and my freind always have the dumbest matches.

Lucario1337

Smash Journeyman
Ocean battle- Go to pirate ship and play a charater with a spike.
Jump in the water on the left side and you can only ko them by spikeing them to the bottem of the stage underwater

Pokemon Z RPG

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZRPGHD
3DS FC
0602-6462-1864
I prefer Balanced Brawl.

King of the Hill

Sticky Bomb Hot potato
I tried the King of the Hill one a couple days ago, and I found it to be quite fun. Nice choice! I'm suprised they haven't added something like that or Capture the Flag yet in Smash Bros...

Ol-Jeb

Smash Apprentice
An ol' shack out in Antarctica, the last frontier.
Explosive mode:

Curry Brawl with only Blast Boxes on veru high. It's EXTREMELY difficult to stay alive when on a small stage ;)
holy crap that sounds hysterical, Imma try that today! :D

A brawl idea my friends and I play every so often is called the Falcon Challenge.

All players play Capt Falcon

300% super sudden death mode

Fast, light gravity, damage ratio = 2.0, set for 3 minutes, or more if you don't care about recording it.

Essentially go for points, honestly out of the....5 matches we've done 3 have gone to sudden death which in turn lasted till the bob-ombs dropped down.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Take aways some of the best things from certain chars. Falco without lasers (yeah, find a new non approach..), that includes his grabs except fthrow.
Don't use Nesses Jojo. And don't use PK's with Lucas. And then I mean the one's where he yells: Pk ....!'".

Pay with one IC. Or just don't grab with them. Olimar without Pikmin..
Dedede without grabs. JIgglypuff with only 2 jumps =p Or 3 to make up for his missing Up B.
Diddy without Banana's. Link without his projectiles.

There are alot of options.
Pretty much fun in friendlies.

Mith8

Smash Cadet
Having certain fun modes made OFFICIAL would be a great idea. I love the king of the hill. maybe a game involving coins?

Boss survival.

Go through Boss battles on intence as a heavy character and rack up damage. when you hit 500% (Can be changed) damage, you stop and count how many bosses you have killed. Cannot face taboo without 300+ damage.

Target chase.

Co-op target test mode. As snake or luigi, go through the target test level breaking targets with your taunt. Whoever hits the most targets wins the match.

Minesweeper

Play as snake, or have motion censer bombs on. Stamina 1HP Make a Custom stage requiring you to reach the top of a winding path. one player starts at the top, one player on the bottom. the player at the top lays mines on the stage in places where he wants, then the other player has to make his way through the stage (and back, maybe laps.) without touching a single one. You can also add spikes to the custom stage.

Like any?

Acceleration

Smash Rookie
I do the Pokemon thing all the time. What I like doing is not allowing you to do certain actions, such as not using secondary attacks, no double jumping and things like that. If you do that, you MUST commit suicide. ^_^

Of course, that only works in two player mode and it isn't as fun as it sounds.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Try this:

Pac-Man TAG:
Do a stage like this:

You can't use especial, you only can touch your enemys with normal atacks, is more fun with 4 characters.

missil battle:
this is for two players, you need a stage with two areas, with crack launcher, in high, and stamina mode with 150 HP

Beat the beast:
you need the code for do the player 4 3X or 4X more big, in a team battles 3VS1 3 players VS bowser lv9. I recomend do a larg stage for this.

Awesome battle:
4 players with Captain Falcon, only blast box, smart bombs and any explosive more if you want, and damage ratio in 2.0. i recomend a 10 or 20 stock match for this

Just a little more-Battle:
Final destination- slow light and stock match- the best items (like smash ball, pokeballs,heart conteiner,etc)
This mode is really cool, and you allways are near to the awesome object but another player take it XD.

Jump the shell:
do a stage with 2 walls and a roof(separated), put heavy brawl, and only shells, all player must to be inside, and anyone go out for a shell and put inside.
You can play this game with points or with stamina. This game is more hard with a heavy character and without 2nd jump.

okey these are my sub-games in brawl, i apologize for my bad english

Top Bottom