• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We are destined to meet in battle! - Wolf+

Revven

FrankerZ
Wolf is pretty amazing right now, I've been using him since vBrawl and I can definitely tell that he's improved a lot. As far as I'm concerned, he's where he belongs right now, especially looking at tourney results in other regions for + (MD/VA, Montreal..). Makes me smile because I hated how he had to play in vBrawl in order to do good. He no longer has to play that way. <3

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Does anyone else think wolf's nair is crazy?

Or that Wolf in general is crazy?

Also, sometimes, when he connects with Up-B, the opponent won't be carried to the final hit.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Wolf's issue in vBrawl was that he had the perfect physics to be hit by everything gay in the game.
Like every CG worked on Wolf, and he could be infinited in some cases like DDD's infinite at the ledge. He was without a doubt the worst good character.

Fix everything gay, and he can shine like the space animal he is. B+ gave him the environment spacies need to thrive, and then fixed some of his flawed moves. Apparently too well :V

Who are these reliable sources?
Methinks JCaesar. His post in the Diddy thread points to it at least.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I think Wolf is good, and I play him a bunch too, however I HATE watching a lot of people play him because they just Fsmash and Dsmash.

You gotta be smart with the **** space animal, and spamming Fsmash and Dsmash like it's vBrawl won't get you anywhere. And if you ever win by spamming Fsmash/Dmash, I am very disappointed in you.

<3 My Wolf.

Also, I think fighting Fox is hard for Wolf...

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
Really? I'm thinking more back air spam than anything else. But spamming doesn't win you a match unless your opponent can't figure it out.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Really? I'm thinking more back air spam than anything else. But spamming doesn't win you a match unless your opponent can't figure it out.
Not necessarily even spam, but a lot of people use Fsmash whenever there is distance between them and their opponent. That and they attempt Dsmash after every Nair, no matter how many times it misses. >_>

Personally, I think Wolf can be better used juggling and spacing Nairs efficiently to land grabs/Usmashes.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Nothing is that stupid about Wolf except maybe his n-air.

But honestly, can you call him too good in comparison to Fox or Falco? XD

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Wolf's nair and upB should be fixed in the next patch, just fyi. Nair is gonna be easier to get out of and require better reaction/prediction from the wolf player to actually follow up, and upB won't... you know, glitch.

As for what wolf can follow up with after nair... it depends on how many hits of nair connected, whether the foe is a floaty or a ff'er, and if they SDI or not, but he can potentially get just about any one of his A moves depending on where they end up afterward. The most useful ones are probably dsmash, usmash, uair, fair, jab, grab, or another nair. I think dair is about the only A button move he has that isn't ever be able to combo from a nair.

Also, there's no way wolf is that much better than fox and falco. I'd definitely place fox above wolf, and falco probably about on the same level as wolf.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I cringe every time someone says Wolf's fsmash is too good. Seriously, fsmash? :dizzy:

wolf is mad good...top 5 imooooooo
I'm not sure top 5 but definitely top 10.

Methinks JCaesar. His post in the Diddy thread points to it at least.
^_^

Nothing is that stupid about Wolf except maybe his n-air.
His bair is a much more staple move for him imo. Nair can be baited and punished, but very few characters have an answer for bair WoPing.

i think Falco is better than both, and Wolf is worse than both.

Fox and Falco have more going for them than Wolf.
Maybe so but Wolf is waaaay more fun to play because he doesn't have to camp and run away to win.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I don't like fighting Wolf. He's like Falco in Melee in the sense that you can't spotdodge against him.

Wolf is really gimpable.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
ThatGuy: I like your wolf. I wish I could say something about the rob match, but I don't really know how to fight rob myself. lol

RPGsFTW: I was very disappointed by the lack of bair in this match. It's such a good move for spacing, racking up damage, and killing, all while being safe on block. Not saying you should spam it or anything, but you should try using it more.

Hm... I wanna get some vids up of my wolf. I don't have anything recent that isn't online, though, and lolwifi. I'll have to fix that!

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Too bad I don't have any other matches of my Wolf at the moment. I do use Bair a lot, but I don't only use it like some people tend to do. I like having a meteor, so I Dair a bunch, sometimes, haha. Dthrow -> turn around -> wait (I could get a smash or grab depending on how they roll) -> Bair (if they didn't roll towards me).

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I cringe every time someone says Wolf's fsmash is too good. Seriously, fsmash? :dizzy:

I'm not sure top 5 but definitely top 10.

^_^

His bair is a much more staple move for him imo. Nair can be baited and punished, but very few characters have an answer for bair WoPing.

Maybe so but Wolf is waaaay more fun to play because he doesn't have to camp and run away to win.
I don't camp period in regular brawl. Wolf is played relatively the same in brawl+ as in regular brawl. He is probably top 5 maybe top 10. I don't check brawl+ much. I just use Wolf regardless of game. His fsmash has plenty of lag time after. But it combos same way in regular brawl with his bair for the most part. Wolf's nair is probably the only big difference in brawl+. In regular brawl it also true combos, but it is harder to land the nair right to auto combo. In brawl+ it true combos everytime.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Well guys. lets talk about how your supposed to fight captain falcon. I only lost to that character and freakin verils jiggs at pound.

so...

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Wolf's a fast faller so Falcon will be able to use the full extent of his combo game on Wolf. From my play time with Wolf I don't think he really has any major new combos against FF characters so on that end Falcon has the advantage. When I fight my friends Falcon as Wolf I stick to B-air WoP and B-reversaled Blaster shots to make a wall.

When Falcon gets the opening I start to spam Down-b. 9 times out of 10 Falcon's combos will fall just frames short of being a true combo and you can stop him with the Down-b.

Other then that I don't really know. B-air WoP might be boring but it's my best bet against Falcon

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
well i often try to bust out some Down B. but its like, im full of hitstun. i Di, but its like, captain falcon has so many options that no matter with way i go hes gonna hit me anyway.

Rudra

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what I can add, but facing my friend's CF, I'd wait for an opening with Bair/Blaster camping and then Uair juggle him when I get one (out of Usmash most likely). Stage-wise, I'd probably avoid wide, open areas like FD since Falcon would have a lot of room to move around and stick to platform stages like BF/WW (and maybe YI:B).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well I beat G-Reg's Falcon in tourney with Wolf by a decent margin so I feel that Wolf has the advantage (granted it was 5.0 though and both characters have changed a fair amount since then). Wolf is really difficult to combo due to shine (watch for up-B though), while Falcon can be uaired all day (uthrow is a good low-mid % setup). Falcon has trouble with the bair WoP too.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
6.0 falcon is pretty easy imho bair and f-smash outrange him and blaster ***** for zoning as well its kinda like the falco v falcon mu in melee maybe harder than that for falcon

id say jiggs is one of wolfs harder matchups or maybe im not playing it right :/ wat to do vs jiggs

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Blaster is meh. I barely touch it except to steal 2nd jumps and intercept predictable recoveries. It's just too slow to really spam, and Wolf's WoP is so much better.

Top Bottom