• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We can Chain grab now

Getsafe

Smash Apprentice
"We" is misleading as I just picked up this character today, but nonetheless Down Throw chains now on a variety of characters at varying percents

The most interesting is on G&W and Kirby (probably others as well)

Down throw until ~95% Up smash is true on G&W (Kirby can probably jump out before that)
And from 0-10 they can _maybe_ DI out, haven't really had a reliable way to test it out yet

Thoughts?

steakhouse

Smash Apprentice
He's right so long that you react fast enough to tech option. It gets beat by tech in place tho since hookshot is slow as hell, but then jabjabgrab works if no crouch cancel, and dtilt sweetspot works if they do.

I just think its dumb that this works on floaties which we already trash

jtm94

Smash Lord
@ steakhouse steakhouse he isn't talking about grabbing the tech or tech chasing.

@ Getsafe Getsafe To my premature testing Toon Link can chaingrab GnW from proximately 40% to 100% and upsmash should KO in that range. I personally cannot grab GnW on DI behind until 40% because he seems to go too far. On any other DI the CG is easy especially forward DI.

steakhouse

Smash Apprentice
In that case no, we can't chain grab. IASA is too late to do so, characters will either hit the ground or hitstun will expire before the end of Dthrow animation.

steakhouse

Smash Apprentice
wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too good

uninteractive (un-DIable)

hoo-hah grab (links into everything)

iasa is unituitive

i don't like it

KiteAF

Smash Rookie
Haven't seen the chaingrab yet, but I'm loving down throw. Finally have a useful throw vs Samus and a decent kill throw for everyone else once you get them past 150% or so. I haven't really gotten followups earlier than that. With that aspect at least, I don't see how it's any different than say a Mewtwo up throw.

KiteAF

Smash Rookie
If it's really that bad vs them hopefully they can change it in a way that won't affect how it works on everyone else too heavily. If what you guys are saying is true I can definitely see it being problematic since Tink already gives those characters tons of trouble, polarizing it even further.

Getsafe

Smash Apprentice
Honestly for those two I think it's fine. They have really stupid character designs and kinda **** on most of the cast. I'm okay with one character having something really stupid that works on only them lol

steakhouse

Smash Apprentice
Haven't seen the chaingrab yet, but I'm loving down throw. Finally have a useful throw vs Samus and a decent kill throw for everyone else once you get them past 150% or so. I haven't really gotten followups earlier than that. With that aspect at least, I don't see how it's any different than say a Mewtwo up throw.
you could do that in 3.5 with fthrow/dthrow mixup (was a 50% chance hoohah), which was interactive and not guaranteed. I don't think we need it at all, especialy because its specificaly good vs floaties which we already rek.

Avro-Arrow

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I need something easy to make floaties cry for not being comboed. Tink generates so much salt that I whip him out in any MU where the opponent isn't pressure heavy and where I don't understand the MU too much (lets me feel out what they like to do, etc.).

Top Bottom