• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We can probably punish a lot more than we currently are

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
tl;dr version if we condition ourselves to (S)DI more things we can go right to punishing with DAir/etc.

After watching one of Trela's latest vids it made me think... You know what if we baited those types of attacks that we can SDI and near instantly hit them with something more damaging.
MK Frame Data Thread said:
FTILT
frame breakdown:
1-2 startup
3-4 1st hit hitbox out
6-7 2nd hit hitbox out
9-10 3rd hit hitbox out
11-40 cooldown

frame summary:
1st hit on: 3
2nd hit on: 6
3rd hit on: 9
Soonest IASA frame: 41
1st hit cooldown: 19
2nd hit cooldown: 30
3rd hit cooldown: 30
Shield hitlag differential: 0
Shield stun: 1 for all hits
If we (S)DI away after getting hit by MK's FTilt 1 we could most likely fire charged Aura Spheres and hit if they go to FTilt 2 or 3 and whiff it. Firing a fully charged Aura Sphere from a neutral stance is 11 frames, right?

With many moves having greater than four frames of cooldown in addition to hitstun that pop you into the air we can hit so many things with our DAir its uncanny and even more so with Air Walk.

So many moves out there with -20 or more frames of shield advantage... yet our shield drop options are kinda lackluster, however our FAir/DAir/NAir punish pretty well... if we shield DI correctly.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, pretending that AS is just a giant long-range attack is pretty dope, I love seeing myeself and others DI away and narrowly avoid an attack, then firing AS in their face for it.

AS firing from neutral is even less, 8 frames when I tested. The problem is getting the charge animation out of the way, since firing ASAP is actually more like 20 frames lol.

Still something to consider when you are sitting there charging, because it's like you either have a frame 8 blast, a shield grab if you happen to PS their move, roll/spotdodge, or of course jumping out of the charge (which is also quick in its own right)

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
As a whole I don't think the smash community SDIs out of enough. In a recent metagame minute they talked about attacks having multiplies. It Think it would be nice if some one posted the multiplier for every move. I think that would change a lot. There are some players that still don't SDI out of zelda smashes.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I think if would be more helpful to know what attacks you can't SDI. Like marth's fsmash

Top Bottom