• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We lost one of our own yesterday - In loving memory of Nnja

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
I remember him as a short guy running around at RoX4 screaming "Handen!" and "Inga Jonas!".
This is really sad.
RIP.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Even though i didn't knwo you, RIP choco / Nnja! Very sad when ppl die at such a young age :(

Off topic: IB ur avatar scares the crap out of me... All seeing eye just gives me the shivers...

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Just plain horrified to read this tragic news.

Choco had a talent to make others around him smile and laugh with such ease. The fondest memories I have of him were our constant antics and joking around about "Mooiboys", a concept I still don't fully understand, but Choco made me laugh everytime it came up. Such other wonderful memories I have of him and fun times teaming up all over Europe in the smash community.

Thank you Choco for being a friend to me in the times I went to visit a foreign country.

My belated thoughts and sympathies go out to Choco's family and close friends.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
R.I.P Nnja, never played you or heard much about you, but sad to see such a great person go. : [

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
RIP to someone, although thousands of miles away, across this earth and the ocean who I never had the privelege of meeting, shared the same love as I do, and went through the same challenges most of us face: A love for this game and the challenge of becoming one of the greats.

I've lost my father and also my brother, both of whom were too young to go. That being said, I truly, honestly feel for his death, and I wish anyone close to him the best of luck in your struggle to deal with the tragedy.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
Didn't know much about the man but I can see that he was a great person. RIP.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
I see it's been over two years. Me, I only heard about this yesterday. That's what I get for not staying in touch with friends I guess. Still, I don't care what anyone else thinks, for me it's never too late to pay your respects to someone who meant something to you.

Choco, I've been thinking about you from time to time. Because see, that's the kinda person you were. That's the kind of impact you had on people. Even though we haven't talked in like 3 years or so, I still sometimes randomly think of stuff you've said or done. And more often than not, it's been something totally hilarious. Yesterday after hearing about your untimely demise I took out my cell phone, and went through my contacts. And there it was, your number. I stared at it for a while. Knowing that never would you ever pick up if I called that number. Never again could I talk to you.

I know we've lived in different countries, and haven't been close geographically. Of course I was never as close to you as Amsah or Faab for instance. But we were friends, guaranteed. You were probably the coolest person I've met through smash - out of all the hundreds of people. Always joking, happy, with that mischievous grin on your face. At RoS3 in 2006 I was introduced to you by Amsah. We met again at RoS4 next year, and that's when we really bonded. At some point we played some Falco dittos. I knew you were really good at those. The first matches were really close. Then I told you "come on man, you're supposed to be really good at this. Destroy me." So you laughed, and started playing better, demolishing me and making me see why people said you're good. After those games we got up, and probably went to the kitchen to get some food. You stopped, looked at me and said "man, you're really fun to play against." Those words mirrored my own sentiments exactly, you were awesome fun to play against. Very quickly it became apparent that you were not just fun to play against, you were simply fun personified.

Reading through this topic and all the posts by people I know and even people I don't know... I cried. Yeah I know what you might say, Choco. That I am such a wussy - a mietje.

Smash may be what brought us together at first, but it was not at all essential for our friendship after the beginning. Whenever we were hanging out, we'd always talk about non-smash related stuff. We also used to talk online. If only I had my old MSN logs from a couple of years ago. Man, I would love to read through our old discussions now.

You showed me your home, and some of your family. I wanted to repay that, I wanted you to come to Finland so I could house you. Now it's too late, you won't ever be coming over. I hope all those who were closest you are doing well. They've lost a great guy in you, and especially for them the world is now a darker place without you being there to light it up.

My best memories of you are from May of 2008, when I came the Netherlands for Dave's XTC3 tournament in Almere - even though my interest in smash had very much dwindled. I remember we talked about this too: Although I came to a smash tournament, I didn't come for the smash. I came to have a good time, to see people like you, and all the other Dutch smashers and hang out (because pretty much all Dutch smashers are really cool, you guys know who you are).

You came to meet me at the airport, and we traveled together to Faab's place. We slept there during that weekend, always traveling back at night by train. On my last day in the Netherlands I was gonna walk around Amsterdam
a bit, before my flight. I told you I may do some shopping, that I should buy myself a pair of shoes. You told me you'd be working that day, and that I should come to the store you worked at. That you'd give me a discount. So I found my way to that store, and there you were. We looked at some shoes, I tried some on, you gave me your opinion on what colour you thought was best. I found a really nice pair of shoes, and you gave me a 30% discount. After that we still talked for a bit, then I took the picture of you Amsah used in the first post of this topic, and then I had to leave for the airport. That was the last time I ever saw you. I still have that pair of shoes by the way, they are awesome. Just like you were.

I miss you & I will always remember you
Rest in peace
Your friend, Wille

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Never even heard of him, yet i feel sad over the death of a fellow samsher, and one with such great personality. I may not know what it feels like to lose someone that young, but i can at least try.

Rest in Peace, may you forever smash in the heavens and make god laugh with your jokes =(

beunhaas

Smash Journeyman
I'll never forget ur bs lines in the background of vids buddy!!!!

This song from now on will always remind me of you. You wouldve loved this Choco

Top Bottom