• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We need to take these boards a little more seriously.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
I'm going through the topics on the Falcon boards, and I'm seeing tons of topics about why Falcon is manly, an awesome punch, how Falcon created the universe, etc. While -some- of these are a little entertaining, that's not what we're supposed to focus on. We're supposed to focus on IMPROVING FALCON. I look at most other boards, and they don't have nearly as many joke threads polluting the whole thing. Even if boards such as the Marth boards started making joke threads, it wouldn't matter as much. Reasoning: they've gotten their metagame somewhere. Falcon is currently being considered one of the worst characters in the game. We need to stop hoarsing around and actually work to improve his metagame, guys. Don't worry, we can all go a day without another topic showing a video of a Falcon Punch made by complete luck, trust me.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
I dare you to bump this thread

Thanks for contributing to the pointless topics, you must really take this forum seriously.
Fail

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I find that if you are constantly attacking with Falcon that it is actually much more difficult get an attack in on him. Even Marth. Just don't ever stop moving.

Revolutionary1804

Smash Apprentice
I'm going through the topics on the Falcon boards, and I'm seeing tons of topics about why Falcon is manly, an awesome punch, how Falcon created the universe, etc. While -some- of these are a little entertaining, that's not what we're supposed to focus on. We're supposed to focus on IMPROVING FALCON. I look at most other boards, and they don't have nearly as many joke threads polluting the whole thing. Even if boards such as the Marth boards started making joke threads, it wouldn't matter as much. Reasoning: they've gotten their metagame somewhere. Falcon is currently being considered one of the worst characters in the game. We need to stop hoarsing around and actually work to improve his metagame, guys. Don't worry, we can all go a day without another topic showing a video of a Falcon Punch made by complete luck, trust me.
dot dot dot....so basically you are posting a useless thread in order to tell us to not post anymore useless threads... thanks

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
dot dot dot....so basically you are posting a useless thread in order to tell us to not post anymore useless threads... thanks
Want a useless thread? This is a useless thread:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=181494

Do we really need more of those? We get too many as it is. Great job, your friend who doesn't air dodge just got punched. Do any of you even notice this? None of you are taking it seriously, moreso encouraging the onslaught of useless threads. And since none of you will actually announce that this board is inflitrated with pointless topics, I just decided to.

Neb

Smash Lord
I get what he's saying, and I think its a good point. Maybe the Falcon community is clouded by their own characters manliness, you've all been deceived, xD. But seriously, listen to what he has to say, unless you guys are comfy in bottom tier, not that tiers are everything, but...yeah.

Roager

Smash Ace
Dude, it's more fun if Falcon stays low tier. Think about it. You go into a melee tourny as, say, Fox, and everyone expects you to either win or lose to a Falco or Marth. If people consider Falcon to be low or bottom tier, even though we all know he isn't, beating them as Falcon gets ****ing hilarious.

But yeah, I get what you're saying. Threads about a single PAWNCH video are overdone.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
He came in on a bad day. Lately, there's been much discussion of Falcon's metagame. It just happened that a handful of people weren't on the same page, hence the threads.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Look at Wogrim's sticky. A matchup guide.

Red Alloy is doing stage discussion.

Reaver wrote a guide.

I have a thread with kill percents (SHOW ME YA DATA)

I was going to make a stage chart, but I've pretty much stopped maining Falcon. I still use him, but I'm focusing more on DK/ROB/Marth (not sure yet)

There was a rush of productivity a few weeks ago.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Alright, then. Just came in late, I guess.

Also, Roager, I don't mind Falcon staying in Low Tier, but it's useless to have a non-progressive metagame. If that was the case, Falcon would never win.

Iwan

Smash Ace
How long have you been looking at these boards...OP?

Seriously? You're making a useless thread to tell us to take this seriously? You're kidding....

I've made tons of serious threads.
KeyKid's made tons of serious threads.
Banana Trooper's made tons of serious threads.
Tenki's made tons of serious threads.

As of late.....Wogrim, Ayaz, Dogallina, etc have been making "strategic" threads....

These forums are fine.
Thanks though.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, then. Just came in at the wrong time, I guess. Just started looking at them a few days ago... so yeah. I'll take your word for it that you guys have a bunch of intelligent stuff on here, then.

Muad'Dib

Smash Rookie
If you truly want to develop a beastly Falcon, you must first learn to love and appreciate his manliness and awesomeness. Only after gaining the necessary and emotional connection can you benefit from the "useful" threads.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
We have serious threads, just not enough serious players to contribute to them. My matchup thread hasn't had a contribution in a couple days (although I do update it with my own information when I play good players) and the stage discussion thread has like 5 people that post on it.

So yes, there's a bunch of useless threads, but there are good ones. By the way if anyone hasn't noticed, for some reason my sticky is where you submit information to contribute to the guide; the guide is not stickied, and has a link to it in the first post of the submission thread (the sticky).

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
guys I don't think you realize how hard we tried, yesterday for like 3 hours I was in training trying to find if Falcon has ANY IASA frames (sadly none were found even with contact, not even snake sliding), we are trying to find something to help but nothings come up other than the 360 punch..... >_>

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
All of these PAUNCH threads and such are a lot better than the serious "Falcon sucks" threads. At least those are less frequent now.

Nothing wrong with some jovial behavior on the Falcon Boards in my opinion (as long as you're not completely ******** or post a million threads).

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
All of these PAUNCH threads and such are a lot better than the serious "Falcon sucks" threads. At least those are less frequent now.

Nothing wrong with some jovial behavior on the Falcon Boards in my opinion (as long as you're not completely ******** or post a million threads).
But it's the fact that most of the techs we got are form the Gaynon broads.

We need to start studying CF more.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
We have serious threads, just not enough serious players to contribute to them. My matchup thread hasn't had a contribution in a couple days (although I do update it with my own information when I play good players) and the stage discussion thread has like 5 people that post on it.

So yes, there's a bunch of useless threads, but there are good ones. By the way if anyone hasn't noticed, for some reason my sticky is where you submit information to contribute to the guide; the guide is not stickied, and has a link to it in the first post of the submission thread (the sticky).
I must take a look into that thread. Sure, I would consider myself pretty serious. Though, all of these other threads are just plain entertaining.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I must take a look into that thread. Sure, I would consider myself pretty serious. Though, all of these other threads are just plain entertaining.
Some of them are entertaining, but the ones that everyone hates are the ones where someone posts old info or asks for help when they should just be reading threads that are already made, further burying the useful threads and causing the cycle to continue with the next person that checks our forum.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
But...Falcon did create the universe...

Kidding! Ha ha! Anyways yeah, I agree. Still, I'm stumped. X_X As we all know, the reverse Falcon Punch would be useful if the range was better and lets face it "The Knee of Justice" is sooooo friggin hard to pull off now even when you try your ****dest to sweet spot it. Moreover, it's a loss cause of ever again to see a combo video where you see some sick nasty cool "lightning knee" linker combos. Urgh!

When someone such as yourself finds the secret to improving Falcon, lemme know. I'll be all ears.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
But...Falcon did create the universe...

Kidding! Ha ha! Anyways yeah, I agree. Still, I'm stumped. X_X As we all know, the reverse Falcon Punch would be useful if the range was better and lets face it "The Knee of Justice" is sooooo friggin hard to pull off now even when you try your ****dest to sweet spot it. Moreover, it's a loss cause of ever again to see a combo video where you see some sick nasty cool "lightning knee" linker combos. Urgh!

When someone such as yourself finds the secret to improving Falcon, lemme know. I'll be all ears.
I don't think that Brawl Falcon will be very knee-based. More Uair and tilts on the ground.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I don't think that Brawl Falcon will be very knee-based. More Uair and tilts on the ground.
Yeah I know that much bro. I was saying that the Knee of Justice was his ace in the hole. His precious trump card. And now that it's hard to get off, it's kinda difficult to play good with him now. Well...it's difficult for me to pull off anything spectacular.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
when i use falcon i try to trick people into running into a f-smash or i just jump around and back air and for the lulz jumpout and go for a knee

Top Bottom