• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We remeber...the Dojo...what was you fondest memory/update?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
PT

falcon

most epic

sonic? that was aite

lol @ the epic chars being low tier
Yeah that's seriously a huge shame. o.o It's not even funny.

I was so pissed off about Snake being Top and Sonic being low. Yet more pro Snake and anti Sonic. I bet Sakurai hates Sonic and we all know how much he bums Kojima.

Grrrr. >=[

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
The only real good news on the dojo for me was Mr. Game being officially confirmed. Nothing else stood out.

MarsRoy

Smash Ace
i liked the my music part. and i was like sweet. then i started to read and i was oh.. i have to find cds. its not really my music. but it still ended up very very cool . i love the music in this game. and the ashley theme was sooo funny.

i would love to predict what was next on the dojo. man i miss that. now my life is meaningless.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
My favorite was the confimation of The Good Captain. No, not Captain Falcon, Olimar.

But the one that made me lol the hardest were those three immortal words:

"You Must Recover!!!"

Denzi

Smash Master
Yeah today is the anniversary of "HOLY **** SONIC IS IN SMASH BROS! Day" and I'm trying to spread the word. (If anyone else wants to spread it, the censored word begins with an S and ends with a T :p so you know which one it is.)

Celebrations and stuff. It was pretty ****ing epic.
Sonic's in Brawl? I still haven't unlocked him..
[/Sarcasm]

M15t3R E

Smash Master
My most vivid memory would have to be when I had to face facts that Megaman would not be making his debut in Brawl. I was like F! This is a load of BS!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
My most fondest moment is when a few things was added from Kirby Air Ride: Dragoon, three of the songs from the game, and Challege mode was from the check list from the game. Even though a stage from Kirby Air Ride wasn't added but I'm happy with some of the Air Ride idea's in the game. :D

XACE-K

Smash Master
Pokemon Trainer. He was confirmed on my birthday and that was the best birthday present that I have ever gotten and it wasn't even from a family member. I saw this as a sign saying that he would be my main when Brawl came out.

But than March 9th came and I was wrong.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Does it have to be directly related to the Dojo, or can it be somewhat related to the Dojo?

If it's directly-related, this was my most fond memory, especially in the Funny Brawl Pics thread, good times...

If it's somewhat-related, comparing and contrasting the Dojo with the "spoilers" from TheAlmightyGoat.
(The Mojo, by Rick Gardiner, comes in second)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
aside from 10/10/07's update, I have to say Solid Snake's 3 in 1 update was by far one of the most memorable Dojo updates of all time, just seeing Shadow Moses Island, as well as Codec conversation really brought back good ol' memories from when I played the original Metal Gear Solid on PSX. yeah, good times.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
One memorable moment was when they showed Peach was going to be in the Brawl. It was literally an early birthday present, about a week before my birthday. Though seeing Yoshi appear was quite heartwarming as well.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
when i found out marth and ness wre back =]
Definetly another DOJO moment.

heh, I remember that I had to debate my heart out in defending Ness comeback against Lucas because people actually believed Lucas was Ness's replacement, but in the end they were all wrong.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Sonic being in Brawl was my most exciting update. However if Tails was confirmed that would have been more excititing.

M.K

Level 55
Definetly Pokemon Trainer revealation day. I remember that day everyone had to drag their jaws with them because they had fallen to the floor XD.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Definetly Pokemon Trainer revealation day. I remember that day everyone had to drag their jaws with them because they had fallen to the floor XD.
LOL, a couple days ago I was making a huge argument of why pokemon trainer would NEVER be in Brawl. I guess I was wrong XD. People b4 he was announced wanted him to actually fight and I didn't agree on that but I'm alright with how Sakurai made him play in Brawl.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
LOL, a couple days ago I was making a huge argument of why pokemon trainer would NEVER be in Brawl. I guess I was wrong XD. People b4 he was announced wanted him to actually fight and I didn't agree on that but I'm alright with how Sakurai made him play in Brawl.
How is he supposed to fight anyway? Throwing pokeballs at people?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I pretty much lived for the updates during that time. My favorites were definately the character updates, even if they were returning characters; I absolutely loved seeing the updated character designs and gushing over the details (ZOMG, look at how good *insert character here* looks!) After that is was the stage updates.

Favorites:

1. King Dedede (the only one of my top 5 most wanted characters that made it in playable form. The others were Geno, Megaman, Ridley, and Takamaru.)

2. Announcement of the SSE and cutscenes (I was disappointed by the finall product but not horribly like most people were.)

3. Online play (for the first time in years, I actually had a dependible sorce of competition. Now, I even host online tournaments.)

Least favorites:

1. Pretty much most of the updates in November/December. (Most were painfully dull or obnoxiously obvious. It made the wait for the game even more painful.)

2. Special moves for returning characters. (Only Mario and Bowser recieved new specials moves so it sucked getting info on movesets we had already know about for six years.)

3. A close tie between Sonic and ROB (Sonic: extremelly obvious but people acted like it was an enormous suprize despite being the most likely third party character for a buttload of reasons that were apparent as early as the annoncement of the game. ROB: confirmed the 39 character roster and that most of the cool characters people wanted weren't going to make it. To me ROB opitimizes Brawl's overall lackluster roster and how a lot of people's expectations were completely crushed. It's fine because Melee's was even more so and it gives me a reason to actually look forward to a sequel in the future.)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I've realised that since the daily updates stopped, Sakurai has updated the site once every two months.

So maybe he'll update the site again at the end of this month!! >=D OMG I bet it's gonna be a huge update.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Had to be Online play and the announcement of Final Smashes. Althought they aren't in the competitive scene...I still play with them at my house. I love them.

Top Bottom