• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weegee Moveset Discussion (Today:Toss)

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Offtopic: What does psuedo mean? o.o
Fake, Unreal, untrue. In this case, it means the opponent CAN escape from these "combos" but doesn't due to incorrect DI or no airdodge or some other factor. (Stupidity perhaps? :D )

@eten: Thanks for your analysis, i didn't take into account just how big th range on Luigi's fair is., and didn't know about the sh triple aerials.

Banditsofthesea

Smash Apprentice
Ahh the Fair... In Melee this was my favorite, but then in got nerfed in Brawl!!! Since the knockback was reduced, instead of a kill move, i use it for racking damage! Sh 3 Fair=win, I'm gonna hav to give it a 3.5/5

CookieCrisp

Smash Rookie
certainly 4.5/5, there is little lag, wide range, better than decent knockback, and you can slide into a charged one. high Priority too. (we are talking about his ^a right?)

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
I like using Usmash from a Dthrow at low %s. It's a very useful tactic for building damage.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Ah the headbutt, I always wondered how Luigi had a hard head lol. This move is a great priority move. It works well with a DAC and with Luigi's traction, it helps him cover more distance, making it a great mind game too. Headbutt works well out of shield making it abit sitautional. It's great for a follow up after a utilts, jab cancelling. If you attack if their behind you, it does alotta knockback and damage.

4/5.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
The headbutt pretty much rocks my world, but the DAC is a little tricky and I cannot get it to work properly =/ Either way simply doing a sliding up smash with it works wonders anyway. The move can even juggle heavier characters at lower percentages, you can get two Usmashes -> uair/nair pretty easily... so... what move is next?

Razz113

Smash Cadet
Yea upsmash is an awesome move utilt>upsmash>upsmash>upsmash>Nair. pretty much freakin amazing if ur fighting a snake because then you can spotdodge and up+b snake at 62%, dead Snake. meta you can do the Utilt>Utilt>UpSmash>spotdodge/ Jab>Up B the MK at 43%, Dead MK.

xiferp

Smash Apprentice
Same here. I pretty much only use upsmash like utilt. Still figuring out when to use utilts and when to use usmashes in low damage juggling, aside from upsmash for the last hit. It also kills at decent percents when it's fresh.

Hey, Razz, where can I find Shoryuken KO %'s? Or did you test them yourself?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Same here. I pretty much only use upsmash like utilt. Still figuring out when to use utilts and when to use usmashes in low damage juggling, aside from upsmash for the last hit. It also kills at decent percents when it's fresh.

Hey, Razz, where can I find Shoryuken KO %'s? Or did you test them yourself?
I already have the shoyuken (lol) Ko %s done. I just need to post it but I'm effin lazy. But Razz says he's done it too, so I wanted to compare answers with him before posting to the public so yeah me and him did it :3

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Ah, Luigi's back air. He shifts all his body almost look a missle and puts all his power to his legs and feet.
IMO, this is BEST aerial. It has so many uses. It's great for approaching espically with RARing. It's unbelieveable great spacing tool if hit on the very tip of his shoes making it hard to punish. It has great range, priority, knockback and kill power. It connect's pretty well after any move too. It can be used as a WoP. I didn't know it had like 3 hitboxs lol. I always aim for the shoes so that I won't get punished lol.

5/5 best aerial move he has.

kamikazeman1

Smash Rookie
Ah, Luigi's back air. He shifts all his body almost look a missle and puts all his power to his legs and feet.
IMO, this is BEST aerial. It has so many uses. It's great for approaching espically with RARing. It's unbelieveable great spacing tool if hit on the very tip of his shoes making it hard to punish. It has great range, priority, knockback and kill power. It connect's pretty well after any move too. It can be used as a WoP. I didn't know it had like 3 hitboxs lol. I always aim for the shoes so that I won't get punished lol.

5/5 best aerial move he has.
pretty much sums up how i use it

5/5 as well

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
I actually prefer his dair anyways yes, great move, Good for combos edge guarding and what not. OVerall just a great move. Yeah.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I came up with a grab combo for luigi.
you grab+down when they're a little bit above you usmash,usmash(racking damage) and then grab them again throw them downwards and when vulnerable in the air jump and up+b(tricky at first but it's really good)

Also his bair is alright.
his dair is pretty good. his dair can be used to spike and if in the ground to get them off of it for 2 seconds that would be a good time for a couple of usmashes.
his usmash is pretty good.
his fair is the same from melee but it's pretty good.
his bair is good
His uair is okay. they should've made his uair like in ssb64 where it hits them and makes them go upward not forward that makes another possibility for more up+b combo's
His Dsmash is good
His Fsmash is good
his dash attack is a little bit better from melee

Now i don't know how many people noticed but his down+b can be used for recovery. I USE IT ALOT. it's pretty good for stages like hyrule or anyother stage. if done correctly he can go upwards a great amount of distance.

his Final Smash is pretty good. sometimes it puts your opponents to sleep and if it does that's a good chance for you to up+b them. =)

I main Luigi and Marth ^ ^

T-REX!

Smash Apprentice
I don't use it much except to kill. I guess you might be able to follow up with a nado? Haven't tried, though.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Backthrow... This one of the old school throws from Mario and Luigi back at 64.. Good times.

Back throw is basically second best throw. It's made for kills and a edgeguard setup. You can setup yourself a offstage WoP of Bairs making it even more effective. It work's pretty well who have crappy recovery.
You shoulda called it a sesimic toss from pokemon cus it really looks like it =P

4/5

AltCtrlPwn

Smash Rookie
I came up with a grab combo for luigi.
you grab+down when they're a little bit above you usmash,usmash(racking damage) and then grab them again throw them downwards and when vulnerable in the air jump and up+b(tricky at first but it's really good)
That doesn't "combo" unless your opponent is a computer set to stand still in training mode.

Also, who needs anything more than dthrow and bthrow? Dthrow to set up combos, bthrow to finish the pesky opponents that made it past 100% damage somehow. ;)

Edit: a fresh ftilt has pretty good horizontal knockback, and it comes out really quickly; it isn't very hard to hit with it, I certainly wouldn't call it useless.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
because fthrow is underused by most luigis, i use it to mix things up in a match and throw the opponent off guard. Usually, you can start a small air combo when your opponent is DIing as if you were going to do a dthrow or a bthrow. Its also good when combined with a fireball and then a cyclone at low percents.

With the fireball lock, i think the toss might be a good lead into unless the opponent techs.

Its not a move to win the match, but i think it has its own uses that should be fleshed out more by the luigi community. 3/5

Top Bottom