• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Magikarp

D

Deleted member

Magikarp- #129
Fish Pokémon
Type 1- Water

Evolves into Gyarados at Level 20.

Base Stats:
Hit Points: 20
Attack: 10
Defense: 55
Special Attack: 15
Special Defense: 20
Speed: 80
Total: 200

Notable Movepool-

Splash
Tackle
Flail
Bounce

"It is said to be the world's weakest Pokémon. No one knows why it has managed to survive."

Discuss.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Magikarp gets countered hard by Grimer. Then again who doesn't. But seriously, Magikarp's so bad that he makes Grimer look like Metaknight. *zing!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The only 'attack' Magikarp has is it just moving feebly around. It has to learn Tackle, a move that every pokemon has at birth. It's just that far behind. It's only other move is Flail which it uses when it has a seizure.

Pichu can 1 shot it.

On the plus side, at least it's got good speed.

KishSquared

Smash Master
I've actually found that by NOT evolving Magikarp into Gyardos that he's more likely to learn to love and appreciate the affection you show him. This can be essential to becoming a Pokemon Master, because as we all know, love and friendship can overcome any hardship. Magikarp should be leveled up to at least 100 before evolving him. Maybe even 102. And yes, this can be accomplished with love and friendship.

If you evolve him to Gyardos before earning his love and trust, he is just a grumpy dagron (sp?) that cannot fly or love.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't see how Pichu one-shotting a water type is anything special.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I've actually found that by NOT evolving Magikarp into Gyardos that he's more likely to learn to love and appreciate the affection you show him. This can be essential to becoming a Pokemon Master, because as we all know, love and friendship can overcome any hardship. Magikarp should be leveled up to at least 100 before evolving him. Maybe even 102. And yes, this can be accomplished with love and friendship.

If you evolve him to Gyardos before earning his love and trust, he is just a grumpy dagron (sp?) that cannot fly or love.
OLFSADJFDJAJGJAKSDJKSAJDFJDSA LOOOOOOOOL *chokes* that's so depressing and moving

D

Deleted member

bounce has a 30% chance to paralyze. Magikarp can actually paralyze you.

Watch out.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Loooooooooooool

Inui encounters Enemy Blastoise
Inui uses Down Throw to Fair
But it missed
Enemy Blastoise uses Hydro Pump
It’s not very effective…
Inui’s belly absorbed the attack!
Inui uses mindgames
But it failed
Enemy Blastoise uses Ice Beam
But it doesn’t affect Inui
Inui uses Inescapable Chain Grab
But it missed
Enemy Blasoise uses Heat
Inui uses WAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
Enemy Blastoise becomes furious
Inui uses Fire Emblem Stat
Enemy Blastoise’s Fury rose
Enemy Blastoise uses you-lost-to-DoYoung-in-tourney
A critical hit!
It’s super effective!!!
Inui’s pride lowered
Inui has low HP
Inui uses Limit Break: Logic
Inui explains how he “beats” Mew2King’s Marth
Enemy Blastoise starts bashing his head off the wall, not understanding how this is possible
Inui explains how Mew2King’s Fox is his easiest character to beat
Enemy Blastoise’s Confusion grew, it may hurt itself
Enemy Blastoise uses Skull Bash!
Enemy Blastoise bounces off Inui’s belly!
Enemy Blastoise has been hit by recoil!
Inui further explains how Mew2King’s Pichu beat his Sheik with almost only Nair
Enemy Blastoise is in great pain, and wishes for his death
Inui finishes off his attack with how, based off various friendlies throughout the United States, he’s somehow better than Isai
Enemy Blastoise’s brain implodes
A critical hit!
It’s super effective!!!
Enemy Blastoise Fainted
Inui gained 745 Exp Points

I made this almost 2 years ago but I have to post it again LOL

Arash

Smash Lord
i guess flail has its uses but other than that there's no reason to keep it unevolved.

also, buying my magikarp was the best decision ever in RBY, made beating misty way easier.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
This is the best topic in the SBR.

Also, M2K, Magikarp evolves into Gyarados because of old Japanese folkstories. Have you ever seen a koi? It's a type of carp and they have a face that kind of looks like a traditional Chinese or Japanese version of a dragon. There is an old legend in Japan that says strong koi can become a flying dragon if they swim upriver against strong currents and pass through a dragon gate. If you look at both Magikarp and Gyarados, they look like cartoon versions of illustrations of this legend.

That's your History/Pokemon lesson for the day.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I admit, I cheated when checking IVs.

I finally did get 4 31s on an Eevee...man that took a lot of breeding. Thank goodness it was a male.

D

Deleted member

eevee's gender ratio is 87.5% male and 12.5% female. If you got a female one....well, I would say you're unlucky but it's easier to blame sakurai.

I have a legitimate timid lv 1 eevee male 31/30/30/31/31/31, HP ice 70. It's the only spread a jolteon can get with max speed, max special attack which is required to OHKO a neutral spe def natured salamence with HP ice (you need 319, 318 isn't a guaranteed KO) which still being able to pull off 4 substitutes. I'm currently awaiting a reasonable offer somewhere around the $100,000 range. lol.

KishPrime

BRoomer
What is the fun in that? They don't allow genetically engineered dogs in dog shows, you have to breed them extensively and hope for a good one.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
How are you going to detect a properly hacked Eevee? You can use hacks to cover up everything from location caught to what ball you used to capture it.

Also, what's the fun in breeding extensively? Riding a bicycle up and down three cities for 20 hours?

KishPrime

BRoomer
The fun is in finally achieving Pokemon perfection, and having a unique creation to share with your friends.

Not some juiced up lab rat with personality disorders from doping.

D

Deleted member

You know IV's can be hacked.... right..?
trash bits aren't.

edit: kyari, I'm one of like 20 people in the world with Nintendo's actual legitimacy checker. send something my way, $100 says I can tell if it's hacked regardless of method.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Not some juiced up lab rat with personality disorders from doping.
Personally this sounds like a much more entertaining concept. ****ing awesome. You know when i was like 11, I was gamesharking the hell out of my Pokemon Yellow game, and I changed my Dragonite's stats to all 999 except his HP which had like letters and symbols (lol), his types were ghost/ghost (no weaknesses) and he had Blizzard, Razor Leaf, Fire Blast, and Thunder. I named him "MAYHEM" and called myself a Pokemon Engineer, like the ones in Silph Co. or whatever that you read about in Cinnabar Island. Ah, those were the days... I guess.

Also trash bits........ -_-?. You're telling me they actually can/do go to those lengths to ensure that Pokemon aren't hacked (whoever "they" are)?

A legitimacy checker? Oh wait, you live really near NY, you probably lucked out on some bull**** I bet. That sounds cool though, is it a piece of hardware?

D

Deleted member

no, it's just an executable file you run through the command prompt.

it's called LEGIT.exe and it's like really small, doesn't look like a virus at all =)

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Aww I want it :(.

Also looks like a virus.

EDIT: Also if it's an .exe file, I doubt it's something only 20 people have.... unless you mean only 20 people are supposed to have it. Lawl.

D

Deleted member

Aww I want it :(.

Also looks like a virus.

EDIT: Also if it's an .exe file, I doubt it's something only 20 people have.... unless you mean only 20 people are supposed to have it. Lawl.
The guy I got it from was on some random small pokemon site and he put it up, and 5 minutes later it got deleted and his account was banned. So unless anyone else took the time to work it out, I doubt it. Even the best Pokemon websites only have this-

http://pokeguide.filb.de/pac.php

Fleur de Lis

Smash Lord
chesterrrrrr! salut mon ami, ça va? ça fait longtemps que je ne t'ai pas vu, eh? tout va bien à montréal? tu y restes encore? j'ai toujours envie d'y rentrer si mes études le permettre. té fort à brawl aussi?

D

Deleted member

don't use your pseudolanguage in my thread. magikarp disapproves.

stupid hokus pokus voodoo speech.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It's just small talk. >_> If you think that's bad, wait till you see Swedish.

On a more serious note, that legitimacy checker would be good to have. O_O

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
chesterrrrrr! salut mon ami, ça va? ça fait longtemps que je ne t'ai pas vu, eh? tout va bien à montréal? tu y restes encore? j'ai toujours envie d'y rentrer si mes études le permettre. té fort à brawl aussi?
*Ahem*

I am here to prove how much I suck at french.

*Translates*

Chesterr! Hello my friend, how are you? It's been long time since I don't want you, Eh? Has montrell been good? Do you sleep alot? I envy the day you permit me to be swept off my feet. Do you also suck at brawl?

BAM

Perfect translation.

Fleur de Lis

Smash Lord
*Ahem*

I am here to prove how much I suck at french.

*Translates*

Chesterr! Hello my friend, how are you? It's been long time since I don't want you, Eh? Has montrell been good? Do you sleep alot? I envy the day you permit me to be swept off my feet. Do you also suck at brawl?

BAM

Perfect translation.

LOL.
here's what I said, translated to sound right in english:
Hey man, how's it going? It's been a long time since I've seen you, eh? (voulu is the past participle of to want, not vu. vu= voir...also, the negative in this case works differently than in English.) all goes well in Montreal? are you still there? (rester is NOT to sleep, that's dormir. rester is to stay)
I want to return there, if my studies allow it.
And the last part is right LOL

Top Bottom