• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Matchup Discussion - Meta Knight

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Honestly I prefer to fight on long boards (I.e. FD smashville), I need some space while fighting this crackhead.

RichBrown

Smash Master
smashville aint that bad

that platform is mighty useful, cept against snake, then I hate it. But we are talking about MK, and against MK it helps me recover. It's an ok-sized stage, I feel like I have barely enough room to move around.

in fact I'd probably take MK there after FD and PS1 (those are basically my only 2 CPs ever lol... although I need a third for when people ban one and I win on the other, I really don't have anything reliable >.<)

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Lol same here (but I do CP battelfield at times as well) But yeah, not to sure about halberd, I keep considering it because of its length......

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
No, don't take MK to battlefield. It's very bad against MK. You'll never be able to land. Mk will always keep u in the air cause of the platforms.

Llumys

Smash Champion
Battlefield:
Meta Knight wants us in the air, and the platforms aid him to do so. Also, I'm skeptical about the short length of the main platform.

Smashville:
It's terribly easy for Meta Knight to fly under the stage to stall.

Halberd:
The first phase allows him to shark well, but the second phase is great for us.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't YI a good neutral stage?

The platform in the middle prevents MK from dair camping us. And like always Uair is great with the platform.

EDIT: Plus he can't stall underneath the stage,

Fino

Smash Master
No, don't take MK to battlefield. It's very bad against MK. You'll never be able to land. Mk will always keep u in the air cause of the platforms.
BF is crap shoot against mk. I beat doj0 there in our MM, and I frequently beat aff!nity there when we play. You have to have amazing stage control... which is all olimar is anyways.
Battlefield:
Meta Knight wants us in the air, and the platforms aid him to do so. Also, I'm skeptical about the short length of the main platform.

Smashville:
It's terribly easy for Meta Knight to fly under the stage to stall.

Halberd:
The first phase allows him to shark well, but the second phase is great for us.
-We want want to pressure mk in the air (like after a usmash or grab combo)... platforms help with that.

-fortunately for us, stalling is banned... so your point is moot

-yeeaaaaahh...... =/
Good mk's destroy me..... T_T
;-;

~Fino

Llumys

Smash Champion
The platforms aid both of us, but I still think Meta Knight has the clear advantage in the air. Also, stalling varies from region to region, obviously.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Well fino lets see what others think. I still dont think BF is a great stage in this mu at all.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
people, you are looking at this matchup all wrong, in order to win don't camp, never shield, spotdodge lots, use more nair, airdodge into MK, UP-B more, ect.

Turazrok

Smash Master
people, you are looking at this matchup all wrong, in order to win don't camp, never shield, spotdodge lots, use more nair, airdodge into MK, UP-B more, ect.
Does it work on wifi?
Me, I wouldn't take a good MK to BF. I don't like platforms unless they help me recover a la Smashville/Frigate Orpheon/Yoshi's.

Fino

Smash Master
people, you are looking at this matchup all wrong, in order to win
don't camp, never shield, spotdodge lots, use more nair, airdodge into MK
, UP-B more, ect.
*fixed*
PLY LES WIFI PLZ

camping is an amazing pressure mechanic, not just for racking damage. shielding is good... or maybe you just like getting hit a lot O.o
our spot dodge is terribad... expecially when they mashin B a lot (and they do)
nair is aight... but in what situations you talking about
airdodging into mk isn't a bad idea... but whistle + air dodge is safer, less punishable, and leaves you more options (like nairing if you WAC his move)
Air dodging is great, but our spot dodge is bad.
^this

~Fino

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
awwwww...i was hoping fino would flame me lots more :laugh:

there is only one truth in what i said to do...lets see you figure it out xD

Llumys

Smash Champion
I definitely don't think it'd be neglect the use of your shield, 'cause power shielding is just amazing in this game.

Air dodging into Meta Knight when not in danger of being juggled seems okay.

Your mention of spot dodging was definitely trolling.

Using more chain and nair both seem good, though. If anything, tethering seems more useful.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
*shrugs* your so off...im telling you right now everyone will say im ****ing ******** when they figure out what im talking about....but they will be surprised when i actually use it IRL :D

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
there is only one truth in what i said
--------------------------------|
I think it was this part- V
people, you are looking at this matchup all wrong
But seriously, don't shield.

Edit: Well, that's what I think at least.

I'm an obsessive shield user.
I lose to MKs.

Logic dictates that shielding is bad against MK.
Amiright?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
FD, Halberd, good stages to fight MK on, I would use them at least, Halberd got low ceiling, and good room on part 2, and FD is long, lots of room to **** around

Llumys

Smash Champion
Lol, Dan. I do think we're looking at the match-up wrong as well, but I thought that was a given.

Anyway, the first phase of Halberd is hell. Why isn't anyone acknowledging this

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
well...while shielding is bad in this matchup except to stop nado and to punish dair camping, i was referring to not camping MK

cause halberd's pros massively out way the cons...even though i did the best CP against MK ever :) imma keep it a secret cause im mean like that though xD

Fino

Smash Master
Lol... I was scrolling through really fast.... and I catch what appeared to be a sheik main with a detective conan avi out the corner of my eye (went passed it completely)... and I thought to myself... did I really see it? Scrolled up quickly, and I was like "Yes, I was right" and immediately went back down... and right as I saw dabuz' impossible to read post, I thought to myself.... thats not dan is it? -_-''

it was, lol.
+1

~Fino

Llumys

Smash Champion
Meh. I do think the second phase and the high ceiling are definitely worth it, but I still can't bring myself to ignore the possibility of getting sharked.

I can see how not camping Meta Knight is a good idea, though. From what I've seen, he can punish you no matter how well you pressure him with said tactic.

Regardless, +1

Denti

Smash Master
YI is best stage. brinstar is worst stage. RC is still hard/bad

when MK abuses glide attack, short hop Uair. the hitbox for Uair is big. if glide attack is way to low, roll twords him when he is close and you'll be on the opposite side of him.

tornado can be beat by full hop Nair. if your shield is full, just shield right before tornado hits you. then where ever they land punish. (weird side note, pikmin tether line beats tornado)

if you get hit off the ledge your probably dead unless you pull something from out of your *** or they screw up. GETTING HIT OFF IS THAT BAD! when they hit you off the stage the MU becomes around 80-20 until you recover

when MK Dair camps, watch his pattern,then up smash or depending on his height Uair.

if possible, MK will always jump Dair after being down thrown. idk a follow up to that yet.

that is all :)

Top Bottom