• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Explosion Glitch

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Ok, a reaaaally weird glitch happened to me when I was playing online versus a Ness player. I don't think that it could be recreated again, because it's just really random. But who knows?

Alright. Well, I was approaching Ness with a dashgrab while he was shielding. I succeeded with my grab and attacked him once while holding him. But right before I D-threw him, a big explosion occured. Now think Bobomb explosion. Ness died instantly but I didn't get harmed at all.

The strange thing was that we didn't play with items, so it couldn't have been an item that I D-threw on.

Has this happened to anyone else? It's just really weird. And you can imagine how my reaction was to the explosion. (?)

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Weirddd.

It's probably just a glitch on your Brawl CD?

One of my friend's that play online has items appearing during a match when he turned them off (opponent turned them off too).

EDIT: But if anyone can recreate this it'll be nice...Dthrow killing is just...!!!

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
0_0 OMG D-Grab is a OKHO Yay :3
I don't know anything about it but if we're abñe to replicate it well... 0_0

And something weird happened to me to, i was playing with a Ness CPU and we were fightning in the air (OMG what 0_0) lmao anyway, i used D-air on him, it sweetspoted and instead of slamming onto the platform he passed through the platform and slammed in the lowest level 0_0 I didn't know D-air could make your opponent pass through platforms 0_0

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Totally off topic, but I'mma share one of my Brawl glitches...

I was getting up from the ledge and a CPU Mario uses his cape on me. I get up from the ledge facing the opposite direction (lul, I was IN the FD). That's just messed! lol.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ok, a reaaaally weird glitch happened to me when I was playing online versus a Ness player. I don't think that it could be recreated again, because it's just really random. But who knows?

Alright. Well, I was approaching Ness with a dashgrab while he was shielding. I succeeded with my grab and attacked him once while holding him. But right before I D-threw him, a big explosion occured. Now think Bobomb explosion. Ness died instantly but I didn't get harmed at all.

The strange thing was that we didn't play with items, so it couldn't have been an item that I D-threw on.

Has this happened to anyone else? It's just really weird. And you can imagine how my reaction was to the explosion. (?)
It's probably just a glitch on your cd.....I wish you had a vid of it........then we might be able to decipher it a lil more.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Must have a replay :O
Tell me you got a replay :s

Itd be a wonderful glitch if it could be taken advantage of :p

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Just to clearify, there were no other players. Just me and the Ness player. And no, I've got no replay. (ARGH)

I tried to save the match, but since we played with stocks I couldn't.
I guess it's just something random that happened to the CD. But I mean, It has only happened once? It just doesn't make any sense.

D

Deleted member

can't believe nobody has asked this yet

Were you at corneria?

lol :p

DioHard

Smash Rookie
Woah! I had this, too. This was like mentioned above, I played on FD against a friend online, no items on both sides, but suddenly there spawned a bob omb we didnt saw at first, but later that match there was another one! Only bomb ombs, and the funniest is, that I grabbed him with zelda and he go exploded away (with wario), too! :D

So... more bomb omb instant-random-respawns outta there?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
So . . .

some force is throwing Bob-ombs into our games. . .

through the filter of our items settings?

. . .

. . . SAAAA- KUUUUU- RAAAAAIIIII!!!!

We must recreate this.
What do people mean when they say 'glitch on your cd'? You mean his CD is broken (but somehow doesn't crash)? Or you mean glitches can occur when reading from the disc at random?

That's crazy!!!

Zephron

Smash Ace
It cant be some kind of thing that the makers put into the game.. it's prolly nothing exactly Zelda, or Ness oriented. I've found randomly Smash Balls are given to me when I am losing high #'s of stock. Usually because Im messing with a comp with 99 stock. No items, just suddenly I have my final smash. I didnt even have to break it <.<

Edit: Awwh! My sig is cut off. You cant see the animation or the bottom half Q.Q

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
It cant be some kind of thing that the makers put into the game.. it's prolly nothing exactly Zelda, or Ness oriented. I've found randomly Smash Balls are given to me when I am losing high #'s of stock. Usually because Im messing with a comp with 99 stock. No items, just suddenly I have my final smash. I didnt even have to break it <.<

Edit: Awwh! My sig is cut off. You cant see the animation or the bottom half Q.Q
If you are serious then you need to be told that the game gives you pitty smash balls when you are doing horrible...

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
This has happened to me before... against Peach, but I was Ness. I exploded and Peach didn't die. >_>

It's only happened to me once, though, and I have no idea what the causes are.

Zephron

Smash Ace
If you are serious then you need to be told that the game gives you pitty smash balls when you are doing horrible...

Bleah. Thats kind of funny though. The game feels sorry for me. Anyway, Its not like I'm actually fighting and losing that bad :p

We need to find an account of this happening without Ness... <.< If not than maybe there is some weird glitch where he explodes xD

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
It sounds like Faux Super Armor to me, you know the one where the person in the higher port, doesn't get the knockback of an attack during a grab. But you said there weren't any items so what the explosion was i don't know but thats probably why ness died and you didn't.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I can perform it repeatidly now!! O_O

The thing you have to do is holding B when grabbing the opponent and while
holding him/her.
then do a grabbed jab. Finally press down the split second before he/she breaks free (still holding the B button.)

I think it's about 1 to 3 frames before they break free.
(Which makes it a very hard guessing game) :(

.em etah t'nod ,yrros m'I

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I can perform it repeatidly now!! O_O

The thing you have to do is holding B when grabbing the opponent and while
holding him/her.
then do a grabbed jab. Finally press down the split second before he/she breaks free (still holding the B button.)

I think it's about 1 to 3 frames before they break free.
(Which makes it a very hard guessing game) :(

.em etah t'nod ,yrros m'I
vids or it didn't happen :laugh:

Top Bottom