• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird glitch against Ike

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
As stated in the title, when attempting to Inhale an Ike while he uses Quick Draw (assuming it hits you) after you take damage, the Ike slides right past you and off of the stage. I used this technique (if the wavedash can be called a tech, so can this) against an Ike twice in the same battle, and he still never figured out how to get around it, since he seemed to love his forward specials.

Falcon lulz

(Not sure if anyone else has already seen this, but I didn't feel like searching every single post ever made on these boards, so save the whining for someone who cares)

BlazerKirby14

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlazerKirby
You can do the exact samething with D3.

Ike's Side B + D3's INhale = Bye bye Ike.

(Depends if its close to edge or not.)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... good to know. Must be the wind adding momentum.

I've been stagespiked as ZSS by doing the downB from a ledgedrop as D3 inhaled overhead too. Maybe Kirby can also do that?

Poliwag

Smash Rookie
I've done it by mistake with D3, never thought of using it with Kirby :D Thanks.

Edit: Although it is very situational like everyone else said.

Triple R

Smash Lord
this is pretty well known. Also I wouldn't call it a glitch. It's just th effect from the wind of Kirby's inhale.

Plummn

Smash Cadet
Yeah. This is possible with either Kirby or D3. It is pretty funny.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The thing that happened in the ZSS video... I was playing random I think with someone on wifi, and my D3 stagespiked their Samus (not ZSS) in the same manner on Battlefield. I think the person did a walljump off the bottom of the stage for that to happen..

LuLLo

Smash Ace
It's not really usefull since Ikes know this stupid thing and never approach with Quick Draw. But anyways, when you come down to the ground, Ikes like to charge it up sometime and get you in your landing lag, just Inhale and if the Ike just keeps waiting, keep Inhaling, it's a nice checkmate for Kirby and DDD ;).

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
What's Marth's SideB glitch?

I only know of MK's sideB glitch on Halberd.

Top Bottom