• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Glitch?

NessFire

Smash Rookie
Okay, maybe I'm missing something here, and although it isn't exactly related to Lucas (as far as I know) I think I found a glitch that seemed pretty effing bizzare.

Alright, the other night, me and my younger brother were playing a training session, of sorts. He as Ganondorf, and myself as Lucas. It was in a normal Brawl, Final Destination, 99 stock, and most importantly, NO ITEMS.

So, me and him are attempting to practice off-stage meteor smashes, without much luck, more or less plumetting to our deaths repeatedly. Suddenly, when my brother, Gannondorf, respawns, he spawns with the Final Smash aura around him, as if he broke a Smash ball. He then proceeded to use his final smash, of course.

Unfortunately, I can't remember what life he was on, or how many he lost, how much damage he had, or anything like that. Also, I regrettably have no video to prove it.

I don't know, is this some new thing incorporated into the game that I haven't heard of? Or is it a screwed-up freak occurance? Happen to anyone else?

Thanks.

gallax

Smash Hero
if you are losing really....really badly in a match u will be given an automatic final smash. its a feature of the game.

NessFire

Smash Rookie
Hahaha, okay, thanks for clearing that up. Yeah, the game must have thought it was a r4pefest (even though that wasn't our intention). I had no idea that it did that though.

Learn something new every day.

NessFire

Smash Rookie
Huh, I don't know, all of this is news to me. I think it's dumb in the first place, because if you're losing that badly (especially in a stock game), one final smash can hardly 'make the difference'.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
It was designed so someone who is severely outskilled another player can get/set up a kill. It annoys me when the CPU gets it, but otherwise it doesn't bother me too badly.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Huh, I don't know, all of this is news to me. I think it's dumb in the first place, because if you're losing that badly (especially in a stock game), one final smash can hardly 'make the difference'.
It probably works better in a Time FFA.

</useless post>

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I didn't think it gave out Pity FSs when items are off, either. O.o

... Then again, I've never played a 99 stock match. Maybe if you're down by like 20 stock then the game will give you a Pity FS regardless.

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
sweet so basically whats being said.

if appearance is set to none

but items are still "on"
then you can still get pity smashes.

similar to items left on (even with appearance set at none) can sometimes randomly be thrown by king ddd

Demon_Parasite

Smash Cadet
Slick, I always thought you had to have appearance on and items off for D3 to throw items in a match without items.

Top Bottom