• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Neutral B edgegrab cancel

Unrefined

Smash Journeyman
I dont know if this was talked about at all but Today while playing at work, I was messing around with my boss in Brawl and I kept just trying to Neutral B him constantly to make him mad. One time I was sent off the stage and as I was coming back from above him, he was standing near the edge, so I did the neutral B, it started to pull him in but mid animation, Yoshi grabbed the edge and my opponent was teleported below the stage and died, I couldnt save the replay as the Gamestop wii's are filled with replays. He never went into the Egg, he just appeared near the bottom of the stage. I haven't duplicated it yet, but it definitly happened and seemed pretty awesome.

Opfer

Smash Cadet
Unrefined? I remember trying (and failing) to find some videos of your "legendary" Yoshi, back in the Melee days, you sure haven't been around for a while, huh? ;)

Anyways, that sounds pretty awesome, I'll try and test this a bit tomorrow, let's hope this can be reproduced reliably.

D

Deleted member

Wow its unrefined! I think i saw or was looking for some of your melee vids a long time ago. Also, if we can perfect this...think of it... banned definately, like mewtwos soul stunner.

bigman40

Smash Master
Someone fill me in? idk who Unrefined is.....

ON topic: I'll look into this when I get some free time. I haven't been able to brawl much cause too many things happening lately.

Sharky

Smash Master
If that's what unrefined meant by "near the bottom of the stage" then yeah, seems like that's it. =)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I can't see the video, but I can take a good guess at what he's talking about.

I almost won a tournament with this, actually, LOL. I wasn't expecting, though, so I failed to react in time to ensure proper edgeguarding. I have not been able to recreate this to date.

Unrefined

Smash Journeyman
1. Not legendary, just fanatical about our boy Yoshi. Dont really have any videos, not my thing and I didnt use all that crazy mumbo jumbo yoshi stuff everyone loved, just very good at reading my opponent and knowing how to use yoshi to counter them.

2. I ended up hating Melee after a certain MLG event that a certain moderator screwed me over.. so I basically quit professional play after that. Love Brawl though and going to start competing professionally again.

3. I cant recreate it either, but it happened and I'm pissed I couldnt save the video. That video that Kangaroo shared is basically what happened. Just seemed like it put my opponent lower than that.

Scala

Smash Ace
You guys want to know what it is? It's just a case of that phenomena that happens when you egg lay with the needle of the toungue. All he's doing is pulling the opponent off the stage and regrabbing the ledge. Since it's impossible for both characters to be in the exact same place or inside a stage, the opponent is pushed below.

Top Bottom