• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird thing I did with rest

Drew English

Smash Cadet
NNID
gringaer
3DS FC
3625-9539-5058
So earlier today I was playing with Jiggs a bit and I went against a lvl 9 Little Mac cpu. I got the first KO and then I got KOed. I then got Little Mac up to about 80% and then proceeded to jump into rest. I landed it but something strange happened. It gave Little Mac the flower, fully charged his KO punch, but did not kill. I then hit with a dash attack at about 100% and it gave Little Mac the damage and knock back from rest. Can anyone explain this to me?
I will also try to upload a video later as I cant right now.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
why the hell would they give jigglypuff the ability to KO anyone at around 40%, 6 jumps and powerful attacks 78% of what I see in for glory are only jigglypuffs, the rest are other characters

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
why the hell would they give jigglypuff the ability to KO anyone at around 40%, 6 jumps and powerful attacks 78% of what I see in for glory are only jigglypuffs, the rest are other characters
I never see Jiggs online, there is nothing wrong with rest. The main way to hit it is to punish people, you can't combo into it often at all vs good players. Also it starts ko'ing the average weighted characters at 54%, not 40%. She has 6 jumps but no vertical recovery really. I don't see why people complain about the character when there are far worse offenders of bs like Sonic or Diddy. Even Lucario can have the ko power of rest with Fsmash when he's at 160% and it has farrrr less risk.

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Should of used a Pokédex bro

and I haven't seen any Jigglypuff's online at all, only Lucarios, and god whats up with his Aura and Rage effect at high percentage?
Sooooooo Cheap, goshhh!

See what I did there?

Kappa

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Should of used a Pokédex bro

and I haven't seen any Jigglypuff's online at all, only Lucarios, God whats up with his Aura and Rage effect at high percentage?
Sooooooo Cheap, goshhh!

See what I did there?

Kappa
Sure Lucario has the rage effect, but its god damn easy to dodge his moves, his front smash takes awhile to even hit at low percentages and it has bad lag and startup, his up smash has no range, down smash also has no range, but jigglypuff is too absurd, 6 jumps, stronger then meta knight, Kirby, king dedede, people always spam the jump and down A drill attack, hard to get out of with a shield, they use rest when your at 40% and you are either hit by sing, shield break, or move lag, like when shulk uses his front smash, jigglypuff goes behind him and does rest, shulk's front smash has some lag after it.

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Sure Lucario has the rage effect, but its god damn easy to dodge his moves, his front smash takes awhile to even hit at low percentages and it has bad lag and startup, his up smash has no range, down smash also has no range, but jigglypuff is too absurd, 6 jumps, stronger then meta knight, Kirby, king dedede, people always spam the jump and down A drill attack, hard to get out of with a shield, they use rest when your at 40% and you are either hit by sing, shield break, or move lag, like when shulk uses his front smash, jigglypuff goes behind him and does rest, shulk's front smash has some lag after it.
upload_2014-11-25_14-22-49.jpeg

"Kappa"
^^^Didn't mean all that by Lucario^^^
He's no nissue

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Where do you get the idea that Jigglypuff is strong? Barring Rest, her attack strength in terms of damage and knockback is average at best. She's also really light with poor range, and lacking an up-B recovery means that a footstool or two will kill her offstage. If you keep getting killed by Rest, space better.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Where do you get the idea that Jigglypuff is strong? Barring Rest, her attack strength in terms of damage and knockback is average at best. She's also really light with poor range, and lacking an up-B recovery means that a footstool or two will kill her offstage. If you keep getting killed by Rest, space better.
im talking about those spammy ones who do down-A, and keep rolling away and shielding from your attacks

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
are you seriously complaining about roll spam from jigglypuff of all characters

dair? oh no my opponents are shielding what do i do?

really

do you realize how ridiculous you sound

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
umm so back on topic, I can't wait to see that glitch with rest.(doesn't seem like it'll do anything good for jiggs though since it means rest's KB is nulled till the next hit) Did LM do anything when rest landed?

Last edited:

Drew English

Smash Cadet
NNID
gringaer
3DS FC
3625-9539-5058
Not really, he was standing still and then I used rest. It did make a very loud like clang sound and then he ran to the edge and I dash attacked. He was at 100% and then he was at 118% and flew off to the side.

Drew English

Smash Cadet
NNID
gringaer
3DS FC
3625-9539-5058
It was on the 3ds and it might have been super armor. It made a really weird noise too. The weird thing is the dash attack killed which has never happened to me with puff

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Dash attack can kill if they're close to the edge and at over 100%. It also sends at a really nice angle.

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
It was on the 3ds and it might have been super armor. It made a really weird noise too. The weird thing is the dash attack killed which has never happened to me with puff
Yes dash attack can kill but to recap when LM was launched by Dash attack it was with Rest's KB correct?(Straight up) cause in one of your posts you say he was killed off the side instead of the top blastzone.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Hey all, long time no see.

So there's this thing with the engine in Smash 4 if (for whatever obscure reason) an attack's knockback doesn't happen, the game will save it and apply it the next time any sort of hit lands. You see it happening a lot with Duck Hunt's can (since it's so damn weird and inconsistent, though it's normally attributed to hitting a certain spot on the can)

Since Little Mac in your game was launched straight up from a dash attack (which is normally impossible), it couldn't have been due to super armor and I feel it was due to this weird engine thing.

So yes, it's a thing that happens. No, I don't know when it happens. If anyone knows more about this, I'd love to hear more.

Top Bottom