• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weirdest and/or most Epic spikes ever

yoshq

Smash Master
I am planning some time in the future to make the most thorough and epic spike video ever made, and there are some I'm still missing. So let's see some videos of the most epic spikes you can find, such as triple/double spikes, mutual spikes, and rare/unusual ones. I'm still missing videos of the yoshi nair spike, game and watch pan spike, link dair spike, ness dthrow spike, just to name a few. if I steal your video, I'll definitely give you credit btw.

Luigi taunt double spike 2'18
Sonic upsmash spike
Samus Triple Spike
Ally's double spike on M2K '30
TL bomb stage spike
Sonic ledge attack stage spike
Peach bomb stage spike
Diddy dair nana, hump spike popo
dk dair to cf knee
Instant marth spike
Ganon triple spike
Olimar triple spike 1'30

Blind Fremen

Smash Cadet
No vid, but one time I simultaneously spiked a Diddy and shot a Peach straight up (to her death) with Ganon's dair. Another time I spiked one player into another with his dair (killing both). Another time I spiked a character from the highest possible point (top right corner magnified) with Ganon's dair when me and another character were hit at the same time.

Smash Journeyman
Definately Ally's double spike on m2k. That was more than epic.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Oh, there was this time I was Marth facing a friend's Jigglypuff. He got me off the ledge and was comboing me upward into the DZ. I took a chance and did a dair which knocked him downward.And as he tried to recover, I stage-spiked him with my Dolphin Slash! It was epic.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Dsmash/Upsmash stagespike (Ness only.)
Mario dash attack stagespike.
Ness PK Fire + Dair.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Epic = taking a running leap needlessly far out off the edge of the stage and nipple spiking with Falcon.

Of course similarly using his incredible Knee Smash or even attempting a Falcon Punch in space was equally if not more epic.

How I miss Melee Falcon...

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
I absolutely loved Melee falcon...
I don't know how many charcters can do this, but Ike can spike while standing at the edge with his dtilt. It's awesome to be able to pull out when they're not expecting it, but it never works on a human player twice. =[

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I've accidentally spiked with Samus' Down-A smash. I think her heel clips the opponents' hand while they hang from the edge and sends them down - like with most of the stage sweeping spikes.

I'm sure there is a list of all the spikes on this website (haven't looked), but off the top of my head I know as far as standing spikes go, there's : Luigi, either Peach or Zelda's dtilt, Link, Ike, Marth, Lucas, etc. I know there are others with standing spikes, but I can't think of them.

Speaking of Melee, I thought Fox's down throw as a quasi-spike when your near an edge was unique - can't remember if Falco had it, but he had his epic dair. I don't think any throw has had this property since.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure a very similar thread like this was closed in the tactics section....

I'm still missing videos of the yoshi nair spike, game and watch pan spike, link dair spike, ness dthrow spike, just to name a few. if I steal your video, I'll definitely give you credit btw.
I do not believe any of those actually spike. At best, you've seen a stage spike.

Think Marth upsmash stage spike. Cooool

yoshq

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure a very similar thread like this was closed in the tactics section....

I do not believe any of those actually spike. At best, you've seen a stage spike.

Think Marth upsmash stage spike. Cooool
yeah, these are just rumors... I'd just love to see one of them.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I tried repeating the Samus Down Smash Spike I described earlier and, after numerous tries, was unsuccessful. Either it was a fluke or a stage spike with DI that made it appear as a spike.

If her back is turned to the edge and she hits a hanging opponent with her down smash, the opponent is often bounced off the stage at an angle about 45 degrees from vertical. Far from a spike I know, but depending on the stage or the DI, it might pass for a very lucky one.

One example could be if someone is trying to FF onto a ledge and Samus hits them just before their latching animation and the DI they were using facilitates their demise. Just a notion... I haven't tried this.

If anyone has time to waste and a friend nearby, you could see if this has any meaning at all?

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
I can't remember well, but I recall spiking one of my friends with Ivysaurs Nair.

One of the hits just sent them straight down, could be weird DI, but it was awesome.

yoshq

Smash Master
I can't remember well, but I recall spiking one of my friends with Ivysaurs Nair.

One of the hits just sent them straight down, could be weird DI, but it was awesome.
yep, ivy's nair has weak spike properties in similar hitboxes to luigi's dair. btw, vid or it didn't happen.

bobert4936

Smash Cadet
are u talking about legit spikes? like toon links dair? or any? cuz i had alot of crazy stage spikes b4...

TimeWarpedBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Ike (me) vs. Mario vs. Lucas at FD

I spiked mario into lucas, who was trying to recover

C. Falcon (me) vs. MK at Lylat Cruise

Jumped off, raptor boost, MK could not get back.

Zunari

Smash Apprentice
I have a replay saved to my wii, with me using sheik and myopponent using CF.
As he is recovering at the same time i am, he doesnt get hit by the fire but he sent flying to the side whilst doing his falling animation and misses the stage. I laugh every time i see it, I will try and upload it sometime

Top Bottom