• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

weirdest wi-fi encounters

Brandon72196

Smash Apprentice
post your weirdest here! for me it just happened a few mins ago i was on wi-fi playing toon link and as soon as the game started i saw all three spacies and i was like -_- and thought "theres gunna be laand mastaz"! i was wining then i saw a smash ball and laughed but too bad I GOT IT and pwnt fox at the end i won but still it was weird :dizzy:

Zyphent

Smash Apprentice
For Fun, I decided to be Donkey Kong once, for some reason, so did everyone else in the match o_o

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
not really wierd experience but i figured id share it with a toon link fan. Fought against a toonlink a wolf and a computer lucario. The toonlink spammed the up+b like over and over the whole fight and came in second i came in first as fox.

Brandon72196

Smash Apprentice
not really wierd experience but i figured id share it with a toon link fan. Fought against a toonlink a wolf and a computer lucario. The toonlink spammed the up+b like over and over the whole fight and came in second i came in first as fox.
He disgraces toon link!(lol)

Foe

Smash Journeyman
There were four of us all using Pikachu...then someone starts taunting and for 1:00 every keeps down taunting until times up. lol.

L 17

Smash Apprentice
While doing random battles, after 20 minutes of waiting I only got one other player in the group. When the match loaded up, we were on final destination with no items, and we had a pretty good fight. Nobody joined in on our following 3 games, not even a CPU. For quite a while we were messing around taunting and jumping almost like we knew each other.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Weird encounters... It's not really weird, but I was in a team battle. I was Kirby and my partner was Peach. We played on 75M against an Ike and a Captain Falcon. Pretty much the whole match Peach did her "Lalalalalala" taunt and I did the "Haiii!" taunt. We were on the same platform and the Falcon tried to knee us over and over. He suicided three times and we won the match. xP

Donkey Kong
I laughed. xD

regorris

Smash Apprentice
Weird encounters... It's not really weird, but I was in a team battle. I was Kirby and my partner was Peach. We played on 75M against an Ike and a Captain Falcon. Pretty much the whole match Peach did her "Lalalalalala" taunt and I did the "Haiii!" taunt. We were on the same platform and the Falcon tried to knee us over and over. He suicided three times and we won the match. xP
A wise man knows when to fight, when not to fight... and when to taunt. ^_^

Chado

Smash Rookie
I decided to play zero suit samus once, and so did everyone else. Weird coincidence. Also had someone playing as pit that just Sd'ing the whole time. like on purpose and such.

Necrochild313

Smash Apprentice
Random Team battles I was owning the other team, but lost because my team-mate decided to just SD the entire time. Nothing like +3 for me and about -8 from my teammate.

It wasn't a wi-fi encounter, but my Olimar got to fight team ZSS. Louie still doesn't believe him.

Best101

Smash Ace
Two Kirbies of opposite teams on FD dancing around (ducking down with the music, stealing each other's copy abilities). It was pretty funny to watch it all happen.

Frey

Smash Journeyman
When the people in the match basically picked sonic, and then tried to dash attack me but ended up suiciding 3 times.

Device

Smash Cadet
My cousin told me about a match where a bowser player would just sit at the edge and suplex people off the edge the whole time XD So the next match, he was kirby and stood on the other edge, doing just about the same thing.

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
I always pick random on wifi, so whenever I get a character I never use, it usually turns out to be a bit of fun.

Apart from when I get Captain Falcon. The only moves I use are the ones where he will say something Falcon Punch, Kick and his up B. As well as spam my down taunt. It's always funny when I win those matches.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Wi-Fi gets incredibly awesome when you use Mr. Game & Watch.

So far, I've had (team battles only since that's all I ever do):

- Red and Blue G&W taunting for the last quarter of the match on the top of the Mario Bros. stage. It was like a little truce. :)

- Red and Blue G&W throwing meat at eachother on the right side of Eldin Bridge.

- Having my other G&W teammate sit on a ledge and taunt over and over in New Pork City while I got my 2D *** kicked by Wolf and Ike.

- 3 G&W and a Lucario on Flat Zone 2. I would have died right there if Lucario switched to G&W. The match quickly turned into a game of "who can nine the other players first?".

- Red and Blue G&W standing side-by-side in Flat Zone 2's lion cage breaking their own shields over and over. I like team truces. :)

And I just had the best match ever yesterday night with this set-up:

Blue G&W (me), Blue Lucas vs. Red G&W, Red Link on Castle Siege. The entire match was:

"3... 2... 1... GO!"
"RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING!
RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING!
RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING-RIIIIING!"
"5... 4... 3... 2... 1... TIME!"

Towards the end, me and the enemy G&W were standing so close together that we were taunting in unison while INSIDE of eachother. It looked like a beautiful red and blue snowflake or one of those Rorschach ink blots.

G&W players are the coolest. I've never seen two Toon Links or two Marths just go "**** this ****, lets call a truce and just mess around". :D

AznHalfCaucasian

Smash Journeyman
Sometime someone just stands there the whole match no doing nothing (usually gone somewhere....who knows), but you can't just let something go to waste *sneeking up for the kill*

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
I was playing an olimar and I ended the matchas a tie as lucario. Well sudden death I tried to bait olimar dash adn stop but stopped a lil to close he grabbed me and threw me taunted at once only to find me floating back was promptly crushed by a bomb and I won. Karmas a *****!

Also as charizard I was playing ike, I started to move right and left just for the hell of it and he decided to dance with me.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Both of my weird ones were in Spectator Mode. I watched a FFA with Donkey Kong and 3 Ganondorfs. Ganondorf won.

Then I watched another battle at Smashville. I forget who the other two characters were, but all of a sudden Pit and Kirby jump on the floating platform, crouch repeatedly as if they're signaling to each other, Kirby eats Pit, and the two of them spend the rest of the match firing arrows from the platform.

DragonRider-ofSmashBros

Smash Apprentice
Grinnell, IA...... or something like that
Spectator match and it was Red ZSS and Peach vs Blue Kirby and Wario on Final Destination. After seeing a Wario own up the last match I voted blue.... The match started and Wario sat there sheilding on and off the whole time -_- even when he flew off the edge he was still aerial dodging :p

Another match FFA Marth vs 3 others (I dunno who they were....) on PKMN Stadium 2. I voted Marth and he sat on the right doing nothing but taunting every now and then and getting back on the edge.

Team match,RED: DDD, Wolf . BLUE: TL, Kirby. Battle started out with TL owning it up. Went on and then after DDD was laying down, Kirby started grabbing him like "bring it on". Then DDD did the same and it went back and forth. After that Wolf and TL started doing the same. Ended with a jump off the edge fight :p DDD using UpB, Kirby DownB, TL DownA, and Wolf just diving down. Near the end DDD got a pity smash and used it in a magnifying glass XD

All in the same night and I always voted for the losing team XDDDDD

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
3 diddys and a Zamus oooooo
1 diddy me
2nd diddy friend
3rd diddy random
Zamus random
me and friend kept ****** each other with side b, random diddy knew where we were going, then we ganged Zamus. Funniest thing ever

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
One was when I was Metaknight and another player was Fox. The third player was Ike I think. Fox got him caught up in a neutral A kick thing and then I went up and held A. We had him locked in a multi hit barrage. My friend was over and we both knew that the Fox had to have been laughing too.

The other was when I was Olimar and then two others were Olimar. We played on Olimar's stage. Too many pikmin!! XD lmao!

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
So I'm done the SSE finally and go "yeah great time to go online with my new found characters!"

First match online ever, 3 Ikes + me (Lucario I think).
Kind of gave me a bad first impression, ie.Ike was being used and abused.

Btw I didn't win, the match was somewhat laggy + 3 ikes makes for eating alot of smashes.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
Oh another one was 2 meta knights peach (me) and (either link or ivysuar) well the 4th character had locked the two metaknights in a continous attack I just cause i was bored decided to stand on the other side and lock them with the peach ***** slap. Well this pissed off one metaknight who finally got free after I backed off and one metaknight desided to teach us a lesson (the other poor metaknight got the beating too) picked up a fan and continued to beat us with it till the end of the match. I laughed so hard and totally deserved it.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I picked Game & Watch, and everybody else did too. At one point, all 4 of us just starting chucking bacon for about 30 seconds. It was pretty funny, until one guy stopped doing it suddenly and smashed me for the win...

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I had a match on "with anyone" where it was just me and a Meta Knight. Only the Meta Knight NEVER MOVED. There were about 5 matches before I got bored, and new people started joining the match, but the Meta Knight NEVER MOVED.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Not a weird encounter, but I had a ton of fun playing against a Kirby player and an Ike player this morning. We played about 15 matches in a row....I, um....won most of them :-D But the Ike player only changed to Marth once, then went back to Ike. I like it that way....my main against yours. It was kind of funny....a Ness player jumped in, won the match, then left. Then the game threw a computer Olimar into the match....Olimar won. So we played a bunch more that I kept winning.....then the Kirby player won, and left. So the Ike player left, so I left. Pretty cool.

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
for like 3 or 4 mathches in a row when i was meta THERE WAS ANOTHER META and when i was lke THERE WAS ANOTHER IKE! it was really lame

Top Bottom