• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome new WBR Members

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Well, after much discussion and consideration the WBR has agreed upon the following people to be admitted as new members:

Cowtipper9487
slikvik
Hylian
g-regulate
VexKasrani
teh_spamerer
NinjaLink
ZodiakLucien
VietGeek
Blank Mauser
Veril

I'd like to remind everyone, particularly those who were not selected this time around, that this is only our first time choosing new applicants, so don't be discouraged if you were not chosen. We had 41 people apply, which is nearly 2-3 times the number of people even in the WBR before today, so we decided up front that the number of new members was going to be about 10 or so. Many of you have very solid applications, which we will not forget, but we did have to be choosy based on where we feel the project is right now and where we would like to take it in the near future. There were a number of people who simply did not get in because we already had too many. There will be more application calls in the coming months, so if you didn't get in this time, you can still be involved in the community, join the public discussions, and just try to help out the project in whatever ways you can. We like that sort of thing;). Thanks again to everyone who applied, and congratulations to our new WBR members.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
Will you ever do housecleaning like what went through the normal SBR if people don't do their jobs?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I feel pretty privileged to make the cut, and would like to congratulate everyone else who made it in as well.

/stoked

5ive

Smash Champion
I'm kind of really disappointed, but there's always a next time. 'Grats everyone who made it. There's still no Canada rep :/

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If it makes you feel any better 5ive, you were really close to making it.

Keep that in mind for the next round ;)

5ive

Smash Champion
From what I remember, his application was extremely short. I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but maybe they forgot him :s

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Woot! Jceasar, check it out! I have a pink name too! :laugh:
It's not pink, it's gRAPE! As in "gRAPEtastic!" or "Enough gRAPE to go around for everyone!" or "What time is it? gRAPE time!" or "I just opened up a can of gRAPE soda!"

You get the picture.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
congrats to everyone.......

I may not pull my app next time..........I've just been so busy and decided to hold off because my contributions would be limited at this point. We'll see.....

Anyway ya, congrats. Those are some really nice names and you defiantly all deserved it.

cman

Smash Ace
Bummer. Congrats to everyone who got in. Out of curiosity, was I close?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Never mind, I was admitted separately apparently.
Yes, you were. You were supposed to have been let in a long time ago (back when JV still was the one we had to go to for new admissions), but for some reason were not included. And then for some reason when we were finally able to admit people on our own, you were left out. Basically, you were really lucky you got in early, because otherwise you would not have been accepted, even if the reason you were unable to fill out a formal application was out of your control.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Congratulations to all new members.
I'll be sure to submit another app next time with fingers crossed.

Top Bottom